August 2016 Moms
Options

Weight loss

Has anyone else continued to loose weight. I'm down 15 pounds and I'm 17 weeks this week. The doctor started me on reglan 4 times a day last week at my appointment but I still am losing.

Re: Weight loss

• Options
    I lost about 5 lbs and have maintained that. I haven't gained so far (expecting twins) but I'm anticipating that will start soon. I just wasn't hungry in the beginning. I never threw up, but nothing sounded good. Hopefully yours will pass soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am down 9 lbs this week. I am 15 wks today. I have been been down 4-11 lbs. My OB said that since I was overweight to start with, its possible that I will continue to lose weight. As long as I am still eating and the baby is growing, then its okay. 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SkiChic626SkiChic626 member
    edited February 2016
    I lost 6 lbs with DD and didn't start gaining from that point until about 22-23 weeks, and even then it was only a pound or two.  My belly was getting bigger but the scale wasn't...She ended up being 9lbs 13 oz and that was 8 days early, so I really wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to cause baby distress.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    I'm 14 weeks and down 11 lbs so far. It seems to match my first pregnancy so I'm not so worried. My doctor seems to be fine with it for now and I'm hoping I start gaining soon. I think it helps having healthy snacks on hand and reminding yourself to try and eat throughout the day. 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options
    I was underweight to begin with due to a disease I have called gastroparesis. I gained 6 pounds in my first trimester, which my doctor and I were very happy with. But I began losing weight again when I entered the second trimester. I'm pretty worried about it. But I plan on bringing it up at my next appointment.
  • Options
    It really depends on where you started at. Like others wrote, I, too, am overweight so losing 15 lbs, and not gaining at all yet, is healthy for me. I am 15 weeks today (yay!!) and I feel great. 
  • Options
    With my first two pregnancies I was overweight. I lost 5-10lbs in the first tri with both babies. Once I hit the halfway mark I started to gain the proper amount. Second pregnancy I only gained around 13lbs from pre pregnancy weight. Baby was still 7lbs and perfectly healthy. This pregnancy I haven't gained any weight yet but I haven't lost any either. (I lost 40lbs before this pregnancy) 
  • Options
    I'm a little overweight and my dr said she still wants me to gain 20-25 lbs. that was when I was down 3 lbs at my 12 week visit. Now I'm up 4-5 lbs from the last visit I hope I don't get lectured! I'm not really sure how much weight I should be gaining between visits. 
  • Options
    I have also lost weight and my dr wasn't thrilled. I have always been considered underweight but that is just how I am built. At my last appt she said I do need to start putting weight on now... and that was 2 weeks ago and nothing yet.

It's frustrating trying to eat healthy while gaining weight. This morning I tried to help H with the trash and the smell made me sick and I threw up my just eaten breakfast. UGHHHH so frustrating!!!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Not with this pregnancy, but my last one I think I lost 18 pounds. Only to be super depressed to quickly gain it all back starting around 20 weeks!
  • Options
    I lost with my first baby due to nausea - about 8-10 lbs during first trimester (and I was technically underweight when I got pregnant with her too). If your nausea has improved and you are able to eat more, it will come back. It may take a little while though. With my first, my weight gain didn't really start until about 20 weeks, and then I REALLY made up for it. Ended up gaining about 40lbs (and my dr wanted me to gain 35-40 lbs).  So, try not to worry too much. It will come. ;)
  • Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and dr is completely fine with it :)