August 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change

How many weeks today? 

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?

Questions?

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home!
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change

• How many weeks today?  16 Weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  According to everyone's tickers, baby is the size of an avocado, or as my 20 month calls them "adoes."

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Just this freaking acne.  WTF?!?!?  This didn't happen with DD, and it's really gross.  I know it's common with pregnancy, but I had it as a teenager and it really F'ed with my self esteem, so it's not good for me mentally at all.   In happy news we're going to an elective u/s tonight to find out baby's gender!!!

Questions? nada

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home!  I hadn't really thought about it - probably the same way I keep cool every other summer....crank the a/c and spend time at the pool.  Light airy/cotton clothes.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• How many weeks today?  16

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  Avocado.

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?  I think I'm finally (fingers crossed) leaving the all day nausea behind and as long as this cold goes away, I might be able to start exercising regularly again!  It will be amazing.

Questions? Any STMs feel like they are showing about a month (or more!) ahead of where you actually are?  I barely had to wear maternity pants until 20 weeks with my first and have been rocking them for about three weeks already with this pregnancy.

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home...
    I'm stocking up on dresses for work wear, but will still have to wear a blazer or suit coat at the office.  Weekends, my maternity swimsuit will be my best friend at the aquatic park in our city since I won't be able to visit my parent's by the time it gets warm enough to sit in their lake!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • mmclark10 YUP!  I didn't have much of a belly until about 20-22 weeks with DD - at least nothing worth taking a pic.  This time I looked like that when I hit the 14 week mark.  I'm dreading how big I'm going to get!
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• How many weeks today?  14

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?   Troll doll! Which seems big, I already read house mouse, peach and lemon

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Overall feeling better, but I can easily over do it and then becomes exhausted. I am struggling with the weight gain. This morning I was helping H with the trash and it made me sick and I threw up my just eaten breakfast. I almost cried in frustration.

Questions?

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home! My next door neighbors have a pool and I have yet to take them up on their invitation, but I plan to this summer! Plus we have a few lake trips planed. I have already purchased a few dresses to try and stay comfortable as well.

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• How many weeks today?  14w. Finally the official 2nd trimester!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  They are lemons! 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Honestly, for having twins I thought I'd feel worse but I feel really good. I feel bad for everyone that is still sick. My worst symptoms are still light headedness, insomnia, and headaches at this point. 

Questions?

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home! Staying in the AC. I plan on wearing lots and lots of sundresses! 

As for showing, in a FTM that had a pretty good muffin top going, so I can't quite notice it yet. I can tell below that my uterus is getting large, waiting for it to catch up to my fat!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks today? 16

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Avocado 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I tried to go off of my Diclegis, but that didn't work and I ended up feeling like crap the entire day. I will try agian next week. The acne is still here and getting worse!
     I currently have a sinus infection and am coughing all day and night!! It sucks! I am not sleeping well at all and it is making it hard to work ( I am in the phone a lot) since I am coughing and loosing my voice. I am praying this antibiotic I finally got after dealing with this for three weeks starts to kick in. Plus coughing with all this pressure already on my bladder is not fun at all! 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  I will be spending it indoors in the AC if the mosquitos are bad. I am planning on living in dresses at work.
  • @mmclark10  I am pregnant with # 2 and I defiantly think I am showing at least a month sooner than my last pregnancy. I had a tiny bump at twenty weeks last time. This go around I had a clear baby bump that could not be hidden by week 13/14. I have been wearing maternity pants since week 9 or 10. They are just more comfortable and I hate the bella band with regular pants. 
  • How many weeks today?  17!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  chipmunk, onion, or video game controller

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Dh and I are buying a house that is supposed to close on March 11, and we are having issues with the bank! Also trying to sell our condo, so I'm a little stressed this week. But I did line up an appt with and OB for after we move to a new state, so at least that's off the list. 

Questions? Anyone else gaining weight weirdly instead of a cute bump? I think I am getting wider and seem to be gaining weight between my boobs and my belly button. I know that's not baby! Yesterday, it kinda looked like a bump in the dress I wore, but when I wear pants, I'm pretty sure I just look weirdly fat. 

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home!

A/C, pool time, maxi dresses

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • How many weeks today?  16!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? action figure or dill pickle 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Doing pretty good so far

Questions?

A/c all day every day. Sitting by/near a pool just doesn't help me. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• How many weeks today?   17 weeks today!!! Seems like the weeks are just flying by now!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  A white onion, pomegranate, game console controller, creme brulee, etc.

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Starting to feel more RLP. Nausea at odd times (while driving, in the middle of the night, etc,) some back pain.

Questions? I don't think so.

Visiting my friend who lives about an hour away, who is also pregnant (due just 2 weeks after me!) and who HAS A POOL. Plus buying an AC for our living room/kitchen (we've only ever had one in our bedroom). My office has great AC, so it shouldn't be an issue there.
    Me: 28
    DH: 31
    Married: May 2015
    1 Furbaby
    BFP 11/27/15
    EDD 8/4/16

• How many weeks today?

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  
    Naval orange

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? 
    My two year old had a stomach virus and gave it to me yesterday. I've never been sicker in my life! I couldn't  even keep water down til a couple hours ago and I'm so worried about how it is affecting the baby when I'm so violently sick. My OBs office said not to worry and to stay hydrated as well as possible but I feel like a truck hit me!

Questions?

Lots of time at the spray park with DS, in the pool, and in the AC!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many weenk? 15 weeks today.

How big? Baby is the size of a navel orange

Rants/raves/symptoms? Round ligament pain is making its self well know during my workouts. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY...how I'm going to keep cool is by keeping my pregnant self in a pool all summer.
  • How many weeks today?  14 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  Lemon

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I am feeling a lot better but heartburn in the night is the worst!

Questions?

GTKY: How do you plan to keep cool this summer while very pregnant?  At work and at home! Work feels easy b/c they crank the A/C.  At home, you will find me in my pool in my underwear!

mmclark10 I, too, am a STM and my bump is out there! I wasn't planning on telling people we were expecting this early but I had no choice. 

• Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Starting to feel more RLP. Nausea at odd times (while driving, in the middle of the night, etc,) some back pain.

I feel you on the RLP! Not fun

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • How many weeks today?  14w

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  A beet

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I'm getting my 5th ultrasound today. I've been having spotting and cramping, and normally I wouldn't be so worried but they told me to watch out for these symptoms after having the CVS test last week because of the risk of miscarriage. I'm like 98% sure everything is okay, but I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to check. Also, still waiting for the final results from the CVS test :-/

Questions?

I work at home, so I can just crank the AC when I need to. On weekends we'll go to our Lakehurst on Lake Michigan, and I will chill in the cold lake.
  • cbpalagi said:
    How many weeks today?  14w

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?  A beet

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I'm getting my 5th ultrasound today. I've been having spotting and cramping, and normally I wouldn't be so worried but they told me to watch out for these symptoms after having the CVS test last week because of the risk of miscarriage. I'm like 98% sure everything is okay, but I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to check. Also, still waiting for the final results from the CVS test :-/

(((((hugs)))) That must be nerve-wracking. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • @blond1230  If you can keep gatorade or powerade down try that! It will help! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cbpalagi Thinking of you while you are waiting for results and hope you hear soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker