April 2016 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change

Week/Baby Size:

Symptoms:

Rants/Raves/Stories:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions:

GTKY: Are you requesting any special food or meal after L&D?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Baby Size: 34 weeks - butternut squash

Symptoms: Same as the previous week... Only shortness of breath with stairs.

Rants/Raves/Stories: I'm on my way to our local TV channel to give a live interview. I hate cameras. Hoping I don't make a fool of myself.

Upcoming Appointments: March 1st. - regular OB

Questions: Nil.

GTKY: Are you requesting any special food or meal after L&D? Not really... Other than alcohol, I haven't really restricted any foods during pregnancy. I'm good. :)
  • Week/Baby Size: 35 weeks down, 35 days to go!!!

Symptoms: 
    Can feel her settling in lower, upper back pain, minor swelling in my hands, alternating periods of high energy and complete exhaustion

Rants/Raves/Stories: 
    Can't believe I'm down to 5 (or possibly up to 7) weeks to go! Also, super hard to pee in a cup every time I pee for this 24 hour urine catch at 35 weeks pregnant. Was much easier at 20 weeks when I did my last one!

Also, my midwife talks to my baby every time she palpates and listens to her heartbeat... things like "thank you for letting me listen sweet girl" or "I think I can feel your little hand right there!" - It's adorable and incredibly comforting being able to see how much she cares.

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Home visit on March 7th!!!!

Questions: 

I read a story about how surreal a mom said it was to be eating pizza on her living room floor with her birth team, husband, kids and new baby just an hour-ish after birth. I don't know that I'll want pizza, but I think it's a really good story. That being said, I haven't really thought about it! I ate a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's last time and it was AMAZINGGGGG. 

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• Loading the player...
  • Week/Baby Size: 34 weeks, butternut squash or a gallon of milk

Symptoms:
    BH, lack of breathing, heartburn at night

Rants/Raves/Stories:
    CIAA is here this weekend a done of DH's best friends ("M") is a bouncer at a club downtown. M asked if he could use my motorcycle for the weekend let DH have my car so it would've easier to get around in the traffic. Sure, no biggie. Well Sunday they were supposed to get up to trade vehicles, M didn't answer or call back until late Sunday night. So the motorcycle was left Sunday at another friend's ("F") house that was close to DH's job and DH borrowed that F's extra truck.

M was supposed to get the bike before work yesterday afternoon and DH was going to drop F's truck and pick up M's car. Didn't happen, DH figured he maybe meant today instead since the crazy activities don't really start until tomorrow. M calls at 130 this morning to tell DH the bike isn't starting. They go back and forth and finally DH says he has to go help him...um what? No! But he gets dressed and gets ready to walk out the door and M calls back and tells him not to worry about it, they can figure it out later today. 

So then I was up, and hungry. So I got up and DH was apparently already back in dreamland. After about 5 minutes he woke up and freaked out I wasn't in bed and came out all concerned (that was cute). I told him I was fine but I needed to eat something and I'd be back in bed soon. But I am sassy at M now for all that last night. Glad I'm off today!

Upcoming Appointments: Next Friday For my last rotation appointment, then back to my normal doc!

Questions: @imrachellea you sparked my interest on headbands! What kind are you/ did you order?

GTKY: Are you requesting any special food or meal after L&D? Probably pizza! But we shall see then. 
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Baby Size: 34 weeks!!!! Apparently the size of a ukelele...hm.

Symptoms: 
    Increasing uncomfortableness. Lots of pelvic pain, BH, shortness of breath. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: 
    Baby is locked and loaded. As in, she's in the literal perfect position for delivery. Head down, LOW, facing the right direction, pelvis is opening...my midwife seems confident I'll go before my EDD but I don't want to get my hopes up, I also don't want her to come before 38, preferably 39 weeks...

Upcoming Appointments: 
    3/7 starts my weekly appts and optional cervix checks. I will probably opt to see if there is any activity going on...I had nothing with DD until delivery, and I know it doesn't mean anything, but I just have this "feeling" this time around...

Questions: 

My hospitals food isn't terrible but it isn't great. My dad is either getting on a plane or getting in the car (17 hour drive) when we tell him I'm in labor so hopefully he can fulfill my whim for a meatball pizza from Anthony's...! And a decadent rich milk chocolate bar <3
  • Okay so I love how three of us have already mentioned pizza :D Not Thai I've restricted much, we just had that pizza a few weeks ago and it was amazing so it's near the hospital...

@juliennenicole I bought SO MANY headbands for DD1 that DD2 will get to wear. They are all from etsy. I will post some links when I get on an actual computer. I actually found several great sets on Amazon this time too, cheaper!
  • Week/Baby Size: 34 weeks.. A butternut squash

Symptoms: I am le tired. Other than that, feeling good.

Rants/Raves/Stories: Had an U/S monday. Baby is in the 98th percentile for size (estimated at seven pounds already), and is butt down breech. There's still time for him to turn, but I'm freaking out at A) delivering a ten pound baby, or b) having a c-section. I've been in total denial up till this week about the whole baby-has-to-Come-out thing :/

Upcoming Appointments: NST (weekly now) and regular checkup next Friday.

Questions: I've heard babies recognize songs played to them in the womb. Have you been playing baby any special songs?

Savingion Blanc and sushi and a venti iced coffee with an extra shot.
    DH says we'll see about the first one, haha!
  • @imrachellea I meant for you! Lol you said something on a post about finding some cute ones for delivery and pictures and I looked on etsy and it keeps suggesting these thick ones that'll probably make my head hot as balls!
  • LOL it is clearly too early @JulienneNicole. I did a search for fitness headbands. Mine are wide ones though...
  • Week/Baby Size: 31 weeks/pineapple

Symptoms:
    tired, endless heartburn, some cramps/pains here and there 

Rants/Raves/Stories:
    woke up the other night at 2am with my heart racing, nauseous and when I got up my feet were swollen. Not sure why as I had a normal day and ton of water the day before. I didn't call the doc but thankfully by mid day the next day I was feeling better but swelling took 24 hours to go away. I need to mention this at my appt next week. 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Next Weds for my 32 week 

Questions:
    Nada

GTKY:
    Are you requesting any special food or meal after L&D? I haven't thought of this yet as I haven't had any food aversions this time around. Maybe alcohol or a chocolate shake. 
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited February 2016
    Ok @JulienneNicole the headbands I got were from the Etsy shop, TheSavvyCoconut. She seems to sell super wide ones (like the two I bought, 4" maybe?) and other styles that are closer to 1.5-2". She has a ton of patterns and they're good prices. There are even some lace options that looks cute if you're concerned about them being too hot. The reviews were great too, which is why I ended up going with that shop. I was tempted to find a CrossFit one (perhaps one that says "Beast Mode" on it?) because it would be great motivation before AND after baby, but those were pricier.
  • Week/Baby Size: Week 31-pineapple

Symptoms: where oh where is my breath? and lots of pressure against my belly.  Pretty sure she's sideways and enjoys stretching at all times.  

Rants/Raves/Stories: DH has been leaving work around 4 every afternoon lately because there isn't anything to do.  So he goes home and naps.  I work an after-school enrichment program as a 2nd job and get off at 5:45 most days.  But he's too tired lately to run by the grocery store or get dinner started while he's home.  DS doesn't have his homework done by the time I get home either.  UGH! 

Upcoming Appointments: Another quickie next week.

Questions: I can't remember from DD, but is there another standard ultrasound before delivery? I've had 2 and am not itching to have another solely because insurance only covered $85 of the AS ultrasound. But it would be lovely to see LO again!

GTKY: Are you requesting any special food or meal after L&D?  As of right now, probably a milkshake, slushie, or sherbet....but that's what I have been craving all of pregnancy.  Who knows when it comes down to D-Day

imageimage
  • Week/Baby Size: 33 weeks & durian fruit 

Symptoms: 
    some annoying cramping and my feet are starting to swell a little 

Rants/Raves/Stories: 
    we can't settle on names, it's getting really frustrating 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    check up next week 

Questions: 

I dont have anything specific in mind. I had chic fil a last time and it was delicious. The nurse got pissy with me because I wasn't supposed to eat like that post op, but I was too hungry after a long labor and surgery to care. 
  • @briterfly84 The only standard ultrasound at my practice is the anatomy scan. I managed to scheme one out of them at 12 weeks (because I thought I was getting one with the Panorama test, but they told me when I got there I wasn't since there was no question that I was beyond 9 weeks). I had a lot of extra monitoring with DD1 due to a few potential complications, so I had one at 5, 7, 12, 19, 24, 28, and 39 weeks...I wish I could see this one a bit more, but I'm glad there haven't been the concerns that we had the first go around. I know that if they have any questions about her position they'll do an ultrasound later, but like I mentioned above, locked and loaded. If I happen to go over, I plan to decline induction even if I go a week over, so I know they would monitor via u/s then for fluid levels.
  • @briterfly84 my practice does a dating US and 20 wk anatomy scan as standard, and NT scan around 12 wks is optional. I had a US when I was beyond my EDD with DS because he hadn't been moving much, but it wasn't standard. 
  • Week/Baby Size: 33 weeks / Durian

Symptoms: 
    needing a nap in the afternoon, heart burn, and an occasional sciatica pain

Rants/Raves/Stories: 
    Our crib was delivered but with 2 pieces broken :/ I called and customer service said they would contact the crib maker and have them ship replacement pieces, only the crib people screwed up and sent the wrong pieces!!!  I need end pieces not side pieces!!  Come on people, get your ish together! 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    March 7 regular OB appointment 

Questions: 
    None that I can remember

GTKY: 
    Are you requesting any special food or meal after L&D? DH already knows, he has to go out and get me sushi and a Sapporo, mmmmmm

Rants/Raves/Stories: Had an U/S monday. Baby is in the 98th percentile for size (estimated at seven pounds already), and is butt down breech. There's still time for him to turn, but I'm freaking out at A) delivering a ten pound baby, or b) having a c-section. I've been in total denial up till this week about the whole baby-has-to-Come-out thing :/

Questions: I've heard babies recognize songs played to them in the womb. Have you been playing baby any special songs?

SEVEN POUNDS ?!??!? Holy macaroni! I was thinking what would I prefer if I was in your shoes, and I think I'd much rather go with a C-section than deliver a 10+ pounder!

I have not been playing songs but I think I should. Over the past week I went to the orchestra twice, and baby was super active for the entire 2 hours!! He is never awake and active for that long, which means he was really listening to the music. During the intermissions and at the end of the concert, he would stop moving, only to start wiggling and kicking again once the orchestra resumed playing. Super awesome to witness.
  • @misstopsail LO gets wiggly when songs with more bass come on...but we tend to listen to a lot of classic rock/metal bands/heavier stuff.  And Ed Sheeran/Corey Smith.  Great mix...I know! LO wiggles a LOT more to regular Metallica than to the Metallica Lullaby music.  
    She wiggles pretty much all the time, except for this weekend when I couldn't resist anymore and hopped on the back of DH's harley for a quick ride around town.  I don't know if it scared her or she was just totally confused, but it was like she went into hiding for a while afterwards.  **don't worry, Doc cleared me to ride as long as my body was physically comfortable.  No medical concerns with it.

imageimage
  •  @thaisac1 Good luck!

(lurking from Tues)... I can't believe no one has mentioned sushi!! Last time I just ate the hospital food and didn't have anything special right after delivery, but I definitely want my first meal out after we leave to be sushi and white wine.. MMMmmMMM!

@imrachellea I hope my baby is in the right position when they check next week! My son was breach until very close to the end!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @imrachellea those are much cuter! I don't mind thick band wise. But the ones that kept coming up looked knitted or thick fabric. Thanks!
  • @thaisac1 I called my husband in tears, and he didn't understand why I was so upset when nothing was wrong with the baby.
    Uh, maybe because he's the baby version of a linebacker??? 
    I'll be going back for another U/S in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens then. My friend said the same thing - if they had to pick between a ten pounder and a c-section, they'd take the c-section.. If he stays breech, I don't have a choice anyway. 
  • I'm paging @blonde151188...hoping for an update, I know baby is likely coming today!!!! Let us know when you have a chance :)

• I'm paging @blonde151188...hoping for an update, I know baby is likely coming today!!!! Let us know when you have a chance :)

I think she's being induced Friday, no?? She posted about having an ultrasound and they settled on Friday as induction day, but I have super pregnancy brain so don't take any of this as gospel.

• @imrachellea I think she said her little man would be here Friday when she posted yesterday!

imageimage
  • I'm here!

You guys are right, today was supposed to be the day, but my dr wanted to use me as a guinea pig and try to hold out until 36 weeks based on a new study. Little man didn't like that and based on the ultrasound on Monday, his fluid dropped from 8 to 3, below the normal low, so Friday it is to be safe.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

With late ultrasound accuracy being what it is, he could also only be five pounds right now, which is totally average. I wouldn't let those numbers scare you. Lots of women birth 10 pounds babies fine, and lots of women have trouble with 6 pound babies for various reasons. I think believing that your body is capable is key. I'm going to get a tad religious here, so disregard of that's not something you're into, but I just can't imagine God designing an inherently flawed system. Obviously, at times, things don't go smoothly, but I think more often than not, you aren't going to grow a baby that is too big to come out. Basically, I have confidence in you!!! Don't let yourself get psyched out before it even starts. :) You got this!! (And little chunk babies are freaking adorable, so there's that upside!)

• OH I must have missed that yesterday @blonde151188! So you get one last weekly update and HDBD :) How are you feeling??? Do you miss your older kids? I was telling DH this morning as we carpooled together in to work that I felt for you in that aspect...
  • Week/Baby Size: 34 Weeks! Size of a butternut squash. I've been doing a little dance inside all day because this is a huge milestone we didn't think we'd make it to.

Symptoms:
    pelvic pain and lots of leaking still.

Rants/Raves/Stories:
    only rant I have is a first world problem. The wifi at the hospital doesn't work on iphones so for the past 2 weeks I've been on LTE using data. It's taken a toll on my phone and my battery doesn't last long at all, and of course I've been using lots of data.

Upcoming Appointments:
    induction Friday! Starting pitocen at 7 or 8am

Questions:
    None that I can think of.

I am only because I'm so sick of the hospital food here. It's been good, and it's better than it could be, it just gets old having the same things over and over. I will be asking for either sushi or popeyes, depends on if my husband remembers to bring me the sushi I've been asking for already this week. :)
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

DS2 9/12/13

• @thaisac1 I called my husband in tears, and he didn't understand why I was so upset when nothing was wrong with the baby.
    Uh, maybe because he's the baby version of a linebacker??? 
    I'll be going back for another U/S in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens then. My friend said the same thing - if they had to pick between a ten pounder and a c-section, they'd take the c-section.. If he stays breech, I don't have a choice anyway. 
    Maybe he will decide for you, afterall. :)
  • OH I must have missed that yesterday @blonde151188! So you get one last weekly update and HDBD :) How are you feeling??? Do you miss your older kids? I was telling DH this morning as we carpooled together in to work that I felt for you in that aspect...
    I'm feeling ready but still scared. I keep praying that he'll be one of the lucky preemies and not need much help/that long of a stay, but I know to expect the worst.

I miss my kids soooooo much. They cry every time they leave me. I'm also having major issues with the fact that my current "baby", who's always been a mama's boy, is now a daddy's boy, and I don't have that effect on him like I used to. It makes me so sad.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

DS2 9/12/13

I'm feeling ready but still scared. I keep praying that he'll be one of the lucky preemies and not need much help/that long of a stay, but I know to expect the worst.

I miss my kids soooooo much. They cry every time they leave me. I'm also having major issues with the fact that my current "baby", who's always been a mama's boy, is now a daddy's boy, and I don't have that effect on him like I used to. It makes me so sad.
    Aw that sucks :( I hope everything goes smoothly for you and that you can take LO asap to be your new family unit! So many T&P for you all in the next several days!!!

Aw that sucks :( I hope everything goes smoothly for you and that you can take LO asap to be your new family unit! So many T&P for you all in the next several days!!!
    Thank you :) The kids aren't going to be happy, if he does have any time in the NICU, they're not allowed in since it's flu season, so they wont be able to meet him until he gets home.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

DS2 9/12/13

• @blonde151188 I'll be thinking of you and your little one this friday! <3
  • Lurking from weekend to say there is no way, if given the option, would I choose a c-sec over trying a vaginal birth, even with a suspected "big baby." Like @CCLow87 said, tons of women give birth to 10# babies easily. DS was 8#4 and I just don't feel like 10# is all that bigger at that point. Either way, I hope he flips for you so you at least have a say in the matter. :)

There's always hope! My daycare kiddo  was born at 35 and didn't have any extra hospital time, just a few hours in a NICU for the bili lights. I do understand mentally preparing for the long haul though. You've got this Momma! 
    Anniversary 
  • @JulienneNicole I wanted to let you know that my headbands came in the mail yesterday. If that is the "look" you're going for, I can guarantee you won't be hot in them. They are made of a thin, stretchy spandex material. It also looks like there isn't a variance in the width, just how you would choose to wear them. The ones I got looked wide in her shop, but they came with the ends folded around and look thinner that way. So really, they could be wide or thin, just depending on how you want it. They also don't slip around, are snug enough, but because the band is thin and wide it won't give a headache. So basically, they seem perfect for L&D :)