March 2016 Moms

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Ok someone needs to tell LO he has to arrive before I run out of belly butter.  This is crucial.
  • smushi said:
    Ok someone needs to tell LO he has to arrive before I run out of belly butter.  This is crucial.
    Are you talking about something for stretch marks? If so, I seriously gave up forever ago...haha. Nothing I used was helping at all so I figured why keep trying.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • CecilB93 said:
    smushi said:
    Ok someone needs to tell LO he has to arrive before I run out of belly butter.  This is crucial.
    Are you talking about something for stretch marks? If so, I seriously gave up forever ago...haha. Nothing I used was helping at all so I figured why keep trying.
    I was told nothing really works and it's all genetics. I'm wall to wall stretch mark city. Oh well
  • CecilB93 said:
    smushi said:
    I was told nothing really works and it's all genetics. I'm wall to wall stretch mark city. Oh well

No, I'm talking the belly butter I use to keep my belly from making me look like lunatic from all the scratching I do otherwise... But it's so itchy!!!  The other belly butter I have smells like tangerines, and the scent burns my throat.  I'm not sure why they would even market it to pregnant women with heightened sense of smell coupled with heartburn.
  • smushi said:
    CecilB93 said:
    smushi said:

No, I'm talking the belly butter I use to keep my belly from making me look like lunatic from all the scratching I do otherwise... But it's so itchy!!!  The other belly butter I have smells like tangerines, and the scent burns my throat.  I'm not sure why they would even market it to pregnant women with heightened sense of smell coupled with heartburn.
    Ugh I'm so itchy sometimes!!  I also have stretch mark city developing on my stomach.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Ugh. I'm so irritated/sad/frustrated. Almost 24 hours of contractions, furthest apart 10min, but most 4-6 mins apart, but varying intensity, not getting progressively stronger.  I hate going to triage to get sent home so I promised myself not to call it in till I knew for absolute sure I was in labor. Of course they finally stopped. No "real" labor for me.  Scheduled CS on Tuesday so I know I should STFU, but having trouble waiting.  This is already way longer than I was pregnant last time.

I think I'm going to stop working for good today and either make an IKEA trip or go to the cinema by myself today. Both excellent cures for the blues.
  • smushi said:
    This is exactly my situation too! My stomach gets sooo itchy and I probably only have a weeks worth left.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @smushi - just to update you quickly on my dog saga, the pup seems to have totally recovered today and went on a long walk with no limping and keeps wanting to play fetch with us in the apartment, so he's clearly feeling better.  So relieved.  We canceled our vet appointment and told them we would reschedule if it seems to come back.  We did try a bunch of different diet options when we first got him, but nothing seemed to really help with the licking, and since it's not THAT severe we've decided to just live with it.  We do give him Benadryl sometimes, per our vet's recommendation, if he seems extra itchy/uncomfortable.  Ok, I will stop subjecting everyone to hearing about my dog now.
  • yodapup said:
    smushi said:
    This is exactly my situation too! My stomach gets sooo itchy and I probably only have a weeks worth left.
    Most of my stomach is numb hahah
  • arcanejinxarcanejinx member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry, need to rant.

So much acid. I feel like if I'm threatened I can spit it into someones face. I'm turning into a lizard queen. Not that anyone would even attempt anything with me right now. Haven't slept well for a few nights because I feel constantly like I'm going to vomit from it. So I've been extremely pleasant to be around. Add to the fact that I'm not supposed to do anything and I go stir crazy at the drop of a hat.

I've been on 150 Zoloft Zantac twice a day since like week 23. Nothing is keeping this acid at bay. I see my OB on Tuesday, I can make it till Tuesday. I have a history of ulcers and stomach issues so I really don't want to be dealing with ulcers and the last days of pregnancy at the same time. I'm going to sleep sitting right up tonight (a position I actually find comfortable) in the recliner to see if I can sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited February 2016
    so sorry, @arcanejinx; i know that is miserable! i hope you can find some relief sleeping upright
    gotta admit though, "lizard queen" made me giggle ;)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • so sorry, @arcanejinx; i know that is miserable! i hope you can find some relief sleeping upright
    gotta admit though, "lizard queen" made me giggle ;)

And to be fair I look a lot like Lisa in this scene right now too. 
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • @smushi thanks!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Figured this would be the best thread to share this on....read this story and LOVE this photo...for all our Rainbow Babies!!!!!!!

https://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/kids-pets/a5580/rainbow-baby/
  • @CecilB93 looks like we had the same Sunday plans :) Congrats momma!
  • @smushi congratulation on your little one making his debut!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Congrats! So jealous of you guys and your little cuties. Enjoy.
  • Congrats @smushi!  You made it!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Congrats @smushi!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to see pics of that little face! ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @smushi CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have not been on the bump in literally forever because my app SUCKSS!!! But I finally got on using the computer and I am so so glad I did because I got to see that @smushi had her little bundle of joy today! Congrats lady!!! hugs to you and little one.
  • smushi said:
    @CecilB93 looks like we had the same Sunday plans :) Congrats momma!
    Haha apparently so!! Congrats to you too!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @smushi congratulations I am so happy for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anyone else feeling super anxious? It's just a general anxiety not even baby specific I just feel so high strung ahhh
  • I have been feeling super anxious about everything, especially today for some reason.  Also feeling some separation anxiety from my DH.  No idea what to do, trying to focus on other stuff, but it's so hard!
  • sorry i'm late here, but huge congrats, @smushi! <3 hope you are feeling wonderfully!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • @mellisaurus I'm with you on the seperation anxiety portion of things. As I get into my last couple of weeks I just want DH close at hand at all times

• Stupid pregnancy brain is getting the best of me every single day.  Today's issue?  I forgot to cancel an automatic payment for my student loans.  I paid it from another account because I didn't have enough in my usual account, so ended up double paying it, plus getting 3 overdraft fees from very small automatic withdrawals.  And my credit union is very far away (in my home town), so I don't have a way to get cash into it today. I'm just hoping nothing else comes through until Friday.  Stupid stupid stupid. ....All because I forgot to take into account that my paycheck is 75% right now because of work restrictions.  Argh stupid vent!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Katherine8908Katherine8908 member
    edited March 2016
    So dh are moving in april/may and this weekend seems like a good one to continue apartment hunting its easier to go with just a toddler & without a newborn  but im 38wks2days second pregnancy and I feel pretty good not really in pain just a little uncomfortable but its a 2.5 hr.drive each way... What would you do stay home or go ? 
  • @Katherine8908 If you trust DH's judgment, then I would say stay (especially if you will have to bring your toddler along with you), but I personally would go.  I just like to see the place because we make a decision so I don't hate him later. 
  • TGIF and last day of work!!!! Woohoo!!!!  I'm 36 weeks and 3 days.  I'm hoping LO doesn't come out for at least another two weeks so mommy can have some relax time and see some friends while big sis is at daycare.
  • i am so impatient seeing everyone else's sweet babies! i am so uncomfortable and i just want to snuggle this little one on the outside. it feels like i have been pregnant forever, and like i will be forever! i am so done already!
    Heard that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker