November 2015 Moms
Options

Baby moving in its crib

Hello everyone,
First of all, I have been blessed with a good sleeper, but a new page has turned in her sleepy life !
Every morning for the past week I find her head against the bars, in the corner or somewhere else, with absolutely no blankets on her. Smiling of course ahah ! She moves around kicking. I tried different pajamas, tightening the blankets. Same result. Now I wonder if she wakes up for that reason ?

Any trick ? I am considering trying a sleeping bag but it is a bit inconvenient and I always hated sleeping in bags like that so I was trying to avoid it. 

Thanks !

Re: Baby moving in its crib

• Options
    I'm waking up to Rhys in the complete opposite direction from which I put him in the crib. He sleeps in a sleep sack now, since he was breaking out of the swaddle.No suggestions, I'm not sure there's much that you can do about it, but I'm interested to see what STMs say.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Mine also wiggles around and wakes up completely turned around, she started doing it while she was still swaddled, which was part of the reason I knew it was time to ditch the swaddle. I've heard people say that around this time (4 months-ish) they start moving around a lot in their sleep which contributes to gross motor development. So I think it's actually a good sign.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the PP about the sleep sack.  If your LO can get out from the blanket it would then be loose bedding which is a SIDS risk.  With DS we used the Halo sleep sacks until he about a year and a half, they are bigger at the bottom and not that restricting.  

Edit... oh and we used to watch DS do laps around the crib in his sleep. He would just spin in circles in his sleep.

Ah ah that sounds awesome, I will try to make a video if she ever does that :) I will look for those bags then. Thanks
  • Options
    Same here, OP. Now that LO can roll over and scoot a bit, he often gets in the corner of the crib or all the way over to one side. It's a bit alarming, but if he's sleeping through it and it's not upsetting him, I just leave him be. I will often slide him back to the center of the crib just before I go to bed, but during the night, I just let him roam. On occasion, he will wake up and cry because he's gotten into a position that he doesn't like, in which case, I will go in and move him...he usually goes back to sleep pretty quickly after that. 
  • Options
    I've been using a zipadee-zee for our guy!! It works great as a swaddle substitute since LO was breaking out of that. Last night was his first time in the crib and he did awesome, he didn't move all over like yours though, but he did roll back and forth and move his arms all over. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We are having the same issue. He's gets against the rails and bangs his head and wake up. My cousin is sending me the Safe T Sleep wrap to try. She said it worked wonders for her kids. Best thing is you can leave them in a swaddle and position them as a side sleeper if that is what they like. 
  • Options
    The Safe T Sleep looks great !! Thanks for the suggestion, I never swaddled her so she might not like the zipadee, she loves her hands :)
  • Options
    poupoule said:
    The Safe T Sleep looks great !! Thanks for the suggestion, I never swaddled her so she might not like the zipadee, she loves her hands :)
    It's a little pricey but she said it was well worth it. I should have it by next week so I'll f/u here. My lil guy loves his hands too but he loves the zipadee-zip. He can still get his hands to his mouth. Their covered but it doesn't seem to bother him. 
  • Options
    We recently tried out Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit... our baby hates going into it initially but then sleeps soundly through the night.  I notice she seems to have moved about a foot lower than where I place her when going to sleep, but that's not much.  She can still manage to reach her hands to her mouth to sooth herself, which is nice, but the suit is thick enough to muffle the startle reflex and keep her warm enough without the use of loose blankets or swaddling.

• Options
    We moved G to the pack n play last week. I literally wrote this same post but then deleted it because I figured I was being silly lol. I put him in one way, and by the time he wakes to eat, he's rotated 45 degrees. We use a Halo sleep sack. 
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker