TTC After a Loss
Options

Driving myself bananas. Rant warning

Okay so. Today is day 32 of cycle 3. Last cycle was 21 days. I know that my cycle can be out of whack for a while but I just wanna know if I am or am not going to get AF soon. Wouldn't it just be so much easier to text Mother Nature and be like "hey girl! Just wondering what's going on, what you're plans are". And of course I'm thinking WAY into things and obsessing over any tiny change in my body. 
Realistically I only have to wait until Friday. Tomorrow at my appointment I can guarantee they will have me pee in a cup and because my nurse practitioner is super thorough she'll send me for blood work and have my hcg levels tested and then I'd know the results the next day. But holy cow am I ever obsessing these last few days! Has anybody experienced the same thing? How out of whack have your cycles been and for how long? 
------------------------------------------------------------
Me: 26 DH: 28  
TTC #1 since 06/2014
BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

Re: Driving myself bananas. Rant warning

• Options
    My cycles have been out of whack pretty much my whole life.  I've had cycles that varied anywhere from 32 days to 59 days.  I have some 'regular' PMS symptoms, but no guarantee which ones (or if any or ALL of them) will show up each month, and since my MC I've had new symptoms and worsening symptoms and other weird things I'd never felt before (like O pain!?).  

I've been tracking my period cycle for several years now, but started in September tracking my BBT and that has been the BEST thing for me emotion-wise.  It's let me know that I don't usually O until around day 24, and then my luteal phase is a bit short by a few days, and then AF or test time.  Before I started BBT I had no idea what the phases of my cycles were or even if I ovulated each month or anything, and I've found the information immensely helpful.  (definitely better than being like: well, it's day 32 so let me start wearing a pantyliner just in case... for the next 20 some days if I'm having a late period...)

At least you'll get some information on Friday!  :)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited February 2016
    Are you temping to track ovulation? That really helps me. My cycles aren't too abnormal, but they do range between 27 and 39 days. After my MC, my cycles have been around my average of 31/32 days. Temping is kind of like your body's way of sending you a message that your period is due in a couple weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should add that usually I'm cool as a cucumber, but not this time! Lol

I don't temp, mainly because I don't have much faith that I wouldn't sleep through my temping alarm. But I am definitely seeing the benefits in recent days. I got a positive OPK on Feb 7. I didn't bother testing again on the 8&9, but it's possible I'm off by a couple days. I think if I didn't have the positive OPK I'd have an easier time going with the flow. 

Prior to my MC my cycles were 25-26 days. Before that they were 28 but that's because I was on the pill. Part of what is driving me crazy I think is the fact that I've know since I was 14 exactly when my period would start (so 11 years), it feels like I'm 12 all over again! Im okay with a change in length, but I kinda like consistency and predictability, in case you couldn't tell. 

TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    Anybody that says, "Just wait -blank- days," has obviously never TTC! Even just waiting until morning is too long!!! Sounds like you've got a great practitioner there though! Hope you get good news and survive these next two days!

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing

• Options
    This is how badly I'm obsessing: I'm currently peeing on OPKs twice a day even though I'm still benched because I "need" to know when I ovulate. I'm a control freak and my body has been completely disrespectful of that lately. 
  • Options
    @ThePax89 I would say most of us here would be tracking ovulation even when benched, for a variety of reasons. I consider myself "too far gone" to ignore my cycles ever again. I wouldn't call you a control freak at all!l, considering all you've been through.
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Options
    @ThePax89 that made me laugh, definitely been there! How dare our bodies be disrespectful of our need for control. 

Update: had my appointment today. Peed in cup got a BFN, of course. Then had serum Hcg tested(will know tomorrow, but I'm expecting BFN). And then I got back to work and 15 minutes later AF looked like she tried to make an appearance (filled a little panty liner pretty quick). But it has literally been nothing since. She's keeping me on my toes this time for sure. Definitely going to start temping very soon.  
    Anybody else have this game of going to start then not going to start with AF? This is a first for me. 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014