WTF Wednesday

let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: WTF Wednesday

• My cats...

one will only poop on the floor beside the litter box so my house always smells like crap. I feel embarrassed to have people over and I hate smelling litter box all of the time. We scoop about 3 times a day but it still stinks because we live in a small apartment. I love them and would never get rid of a pet (unless it was harming my baby)
    wtf cat that poops on the floor...
    never having 2 again.
  • My WTF is for my LO - why won't you let your dad calm you down??  I feel terrible for my husband because since he's gone back to work he's only with LO at night, like 9pm - 1am, and for some reason that is her fussiest time of day, and he just can't seem to calm her down.  I've had success with bouncing her around, gliding her or singing to her and she'll calm down within minutes.  But when he's trying those same things she'll scream for *hours* if I don't intervene and I feel so bad for him.   I know it hurts his feelings and he feels like he's a bad father, but I've tried to assure him that she's only 2 weeks old and is used to me from being in the womb, and this phase won't last forever.  It just sucks to see him looking so sad and helpless while she cries, especially since he's trying so hard and so excited about being a dad.  :(
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF boobs... Every time LO detaches while breastfeeding milk keeps coming out.  Both of us have had to change outfits twice today since I keep getting milk all over both of us
  • My WTF is for my LO - why won't you let your dad calm you down??  I feel terrible for my husband because since he's gone back to work he's only with LO at night, like 9pm - 1am, and for some reason that is her fussiest time of day, and he just can't seem to calm her down.  I've had success with bouncing her around, gliding her or singing to her and she'll calm down within minutes.  But when he's trying those same things she'll scream for *hours* if I don't intervene and I feel so bad for him.   I know it hurts his feelings and he feels like he's a bad father, but I've tried to assure him that she's only 2 weeks old and is used to me from being in the womb, and this phase won't last forever.  It just sucks to see him looking so sad and helpless while she cries, especially since he's trying so hard and so excited about being a dad.  :(
    Omg, I have a similar problem my poor husband is only hone when she is fussiest. He thinks this is what she is like all day.  On the brightside it makes him think I am super impressive. His sadness when he can't calm her down breaks my heart.  At least I can't calm her either. 
  • Wtf to the weather! 
    There were tornado warnings this morning. 
    Rain stopped about 10:45am 
    buy the 35+mph winds started about 11:15am 
    trees,power lines and everything in between are falling down.. 
    Can we just have normal weather for once? 
  • Wtf to fragile baby naps! LO is laying on my tummy because I wanted to do skin to skin after her bath. She fell asleep and now I'm freezing but don't want to move because she will wake for sure. Mommy has a bad headache and can't handle any more crying today...
  • So much crying today! 5 weeks on Friday and I really need reassurance that it gets better, eventually. 
  • 012016 said:
    So much crying today! 5 weeks on Friday and I really need reassurance that it gets better, eventually. 
    I've never seen a teenager cry constantly, so it must improve eventually... Jokes aside, babies cry most in the first 3 months of life, and it usually peaks around 6 weeks. You're approaching the worst of it and then it should all be gradual improvements from there on out! Look up the Period of Purple Crying for more info. :-) 
  • WTF baby girl, she will not sleep today. She was up fussy most of the night then today wants to be wide awake. She's not even more fussy than usual today she just doesn't want to sleep and is insisting on being held meaning mommy is getting nothing done today. 
  • I know it's not Wednesday anymore, but WTF..So DH and I had lunch with a friend and her husband, they have a 6 and 3 year old.. It was a really nice lunch (LO stayed fast asleep), until her husband decides to say "Oh this is the easy part, it only gets harder from here." Uhhh WTF, thanks alot.. That's exactly what a new mom of a 5 week old wants to hear :neutral:
    I know I'm over reacting to a degree but it really bothered me and has kind of tanked my mood for the day, which sucks cause I had been feeling really good this week. This same guy also made remarks while I was pregnant that really bothered me too so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.. Some people really know just how to make a person feel like crap
  • alisongem said:
    That nasty stuff on LOs hand (tell me she's not the only one) it's like milk gets between her fingers because she likes her hands by her face when she nurses, then lint gets stuck and sweat puts it together so it's this stinky black stuff in her hands   :s
    YES! Baby girl got sooooo mad at me this morning when I was trying to get it all off. 
  • Wtf to my 7week old already teething. She is so drooly and I can feel little nubs! Poor thing is growing so fast!  :s

Also, wtf to it actually being Thursday today and not Wednesday. Oops. 

Also-also, yes to that nasty linty gunk. Check armpits and neck rolls... I found some there too!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • alisongem said:
    That nasty stuff on LOs hand (tell me she's not the only one) it's like milk gets between her fingers because she likes her hands by her face when she nurses, then lint gets stuck and sweat puts it together so it's this stinky black stuff in her hands   :s
     YES! Omg I thought my baby just had unusually smelly hands