January 2016 Moms

UO Thursday

Unpopular Opinion Thursday
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: UO Thursday

• I don't enjoy breastfeeding. I'm doing it and sticking with it because I know it's in the best interest of baby, but it feels like a sacrifice and an obligation.

Then again, maybe I just don't enjoy any task done at 2-3 hour intervals around the clock.
  • Loading the player...
  • Myelhsa said:
    I don't understand the people who say, "My baby is getting so big so fast, it makes me so sad."

I love snuggling my newborn, but I can't wait to hear her voice. I want to see her confused face as she tries new foods. I want to see her walk and ride a bike. I want to know what subjects she likes in school, and what things she passionate about. I can't wait to see my husband's face when she goes on her first date.

Im so excited to see who she's going to be, the idea of growing up doesn't make me sad at all.
    Meh, I see both sides. I love watching my 4-year-old explore the world and having conversations with him, but I also definitely miss things about when he was a newborn, baby, toddler, etc.
  • l4rk said:
    I don't enjoy breastfeeding. I'm doing it and sticking with it because I know it's in the best interest of baby, but it feels like a sacrifice and an obligation.

Then again, maybe I just don't enjoy any task done at 2-3 hour intervals around the clock.
    I'm with you on this one.. :neutral: 
  • l4rk said:
    I don't enjoy breastfeeding. I'm doing it and sticking with it because I know it's in the best interest of baby, but it feels like a sacrifice and an obligation.

I'm with you on this one.. :neutral: 
    I promise it gets so much better as they get more efficient and space their feedings out!
  • Yeah. I don't enjoy breastfeeding either. Sticking with it though. She has suddenly gotten lazy with her latch and is hurting me. I called and set up an appointment with a lactation consultant at the hospital where i delivered. I loved that hospital but the woman was rude. She's fortunate I'm in a good mood today
  • @Myelhsa I can't wait for my baby to talk and see her true personality! But ik I will miss the snuggles. I also can't wait for her to get old enough to understand bed time and sleep for more than 5 hours at a time! I suppose I see both sides but I loooove the preschool-kindergarten age! I worked with schoolagers for two years and that age was so much fun!
  • @WineBaby122 thank you! I'm happy to hear it won't always be this demanding. :)