May 2016 Moms
Options

Monday/Tuesday ticker change 02/22 & 02/23

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?

Re: Monday/Tuesday ticker change 02/22 & 02/23

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 30/cucumber or motorcycle helmet  (whaaaat?)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I have been sick for about a week now. It started with a head cold that has now settled into my chest. Cole's movements make up for it though.

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for a regular OB checkup 

Questions for the group: None 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? H is pretty involved. He likes to hear the updates each week and often rubs my belly and asks me how I am feeling/what I am feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 30/cucumber (tomorrow)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I feel like a beached whale.  And I have to pee constantly.

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday (every 2 weeks now). Our growth scan last week was great! Baby boy is measuring right on schedule.

Questions for the group: No

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? This is our second, so he knows the routine. He likes to try to get DD to talk to "baby brother". He has a hard time keeping up with how many weeks I am and developmental milestones, but he's great about picking up the slack for me and not letting me push myself too hard when he's around.
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 28 weeks / eggplant

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: The back pain (mostly in my lower back) is getting worse. I need to do stretches on the floor and on the yoga ball nightly. I suspect LO is going through a growth spurt....movement hasn't been as crazy this week and my weight creeped up a bit more than it has in the past. We started the nursery over the weekend, finally!

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday for a check-up & growth scan. 

Questions for the group: Am I the only one not too thrilled about every 2 week appointments? I feel like it's too soon for this and I feel like they are going to be really boring until like 35w. 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? I wouldn't say he's too involved. Like last time, he just really wanted to meet our daughter and have her here. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 26/ head of lettuce

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Miss being able to sleep though the whole night.

Upcoming Appointments: March 11... glucose test.

Questions for the group: None.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He's been to most of my appointments and I share weekly updates when exciting stuff is happening. He likes talking to the belly and feeling her little kicks. So he's pretty involved. 
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 27/Rutabaga (Tomorrow)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave - DH and I had an incredibly productive weekend around the house.

Rant - Stressing out a little with my coworker going on 4 week paternity leave any day now and then 2 weeks for overseas trip. My boss still hasn't told me who I should be training for my job, and now my workload doubling *deep breath*

Symptoms - BH much more frequently. I feel it when I workout so much more now.. definitely slowing down. Also (TMI) - I have my first ever in life dreading hemorrhoid, and I want to cry because I read that they never really go away. I've been reading what to do about them, but I'm so embarrassed and just told my husband I was tired because I was hurting this weekend lol.

Upcoming Appointments: March 1st for my week 28 and the beginning of my 2 week appointments. Will also be  my first night of childbirth prep classes!

Questions for the group: Please tell me it isn't true that hemorrhoids do not go away. Pretty please.

Also - did anyone else convince their DH to let their mom come to an ultrasound? My husband wants it to be just our thing which I LOVE, but I get so many of them, and she has been depressed lately. I honestly feel like just one would cheer her up, and I'm wondering how I should go about it.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Pretty involved - he goes to every appointment, we talk about the baby's growth, he finds stuff he wants to get for the baby. He has his own list of things to focus on for the baby so sometimes I get annoyed because I  need help, but he is there for me. I'm very grateful.
  • Options
    @AliciaD39 My mom has been to two of our ultrasounds. I have gotten a ton, too, due to some scares along the way. I would just tell your H that you would really like her to be at one but maybe pose it along the lines of you wanting to share one of those moments with your mom, too. Maybe that way he will see it as a mother/daughter experience that you want to have? Let him know that he can still come, too!1
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 29w 4d

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: for the past week I've had an mild upset stomach that comes and goes. Nothing dramatic, just general discomfort most of the day! Also I've been much more constipated. I haven't changed my diet so I don't know what's up with my insides! 

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions for the group: Do we have a 3rd-tri symptoms thread to ask questions about new symptoms as we reach the end?

hellogoodbye2AdorkablePixie mine won't read the book either! oh well
  • Options
    @Lusitano8 I figured it's there if he wants to read it and if not.. oh well. Would have been nice if he read it so he'd know why I go from happy to bitch in 2.5 seconds but whatever. lol!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @lusitano8 is it possible the stomach discomfort is a result of a developing lactose intolerance? I have noticed the same thing happening to me in the past couple of weeks and it's always after I've drunk milk. I read a bit on the subject and some moms develop lactose intolerance in the third trimester. This may not be the case for you at all, but thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought.
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    @lusitano8 is it possible the stomach discomfort is a result of a developing lactose intolerance? I have noticed the same thing happening to me in the past couple of weeks and it's always after I've drunk milk. I read a bit on the subject and some moms develop lactose intolerance in the third trimester. This may not be the case for you at all, but thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought.
    This is totally me! I used to drink milk like it was my job, but now when I had a nice cool glass with some brownie brittle (ps- that stuff is far too delicious!) I get horrible gas pains, yucky burps, and other digestive issues. I refuse to blame the brownie brittle, so I am pointing my finger at the milk.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    folamijfolamij member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 28/Eggplant

Rants: If baby would leave my ribs alone, that'd be great.
    Raves:  Movement all day, everyday!
    Symptoms: insomnia is back, shortness of nreath is at an all time high, and baby must be going through a growth spurt because Im exhausted!

Upcoming Appointments: This week!

Questions for the group: none at the time.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?
    MH looks up information, and is hands on knowing what tests  I've taken,etc.  but outside of that he doesn't check if I've eaten anything, or ask how I'm feeling. He loves talking about baby being here and doing everything with her. As far as getting the nursery together, and getting other baby stuff, I picked out everything and he puts it together
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    This is totally me! I used to drink milk like it was my job, but now when I had a nice cool glass with some brownie brittle (ps- that stuff is far too delicious!) I get horrible gas pains, yucky burps, and other digestive issues. I refuse to blame the brownie brittle, so I am pointing my finger at the milk.
    Thanks ladies! I hadn't heard of this, but I may have to take it easy on the dairy to see if it helps. 
  • Options
    @sarawifenow just had to say I love love the name Cole. That was my frontrunner but I couldn't get my husband on board.
  • Options
    jenbkc said:
    @sarawifenow just had to say I love love the name Cole. That was my frontrunner but I couldn't get my husband on board.

Thanks @jenbkc ! We love it too. It was actually my husband's number one choice and we made a deal that if we had a girl I would get final say on the name and the same for my husband if we had a boy. I'm very happy with the choice! Do you have a name picked out yet?
  • Options
    AliciaD39 said:

Symptoms - Also (TMI) - I have my first ever in life dreading hemorrhoid, and I want to cry because I read that they never really go away. I've been reading what to do about them, but I'm so embarrassed and just told my husband I was tired because I was hurting this weekend lol.

Questions for the group: Please tell me it isn't true that hemorrhoids do not go away. Pretty please.
    I want to cry that nobody confirmed this for me - my nightmare may be true!... haha!
  • Options
    AliciaD39 said:
    AliciaD39 said:

Symptoms - Also (TMI) - I have my first ever in life dreading hemorrhoid, and I want to cry because I read that they never really go away. I've been reading what to do about them, but I'm so embarrassed and just told my husband I was tired because I was hurting this weekend lol.

I want to cry that nobody confirmed this for me - my nightmare may be true!... haha!
    Here's the deal with the 'rhoids...they may not go away entirely, BUT when you have less pressure and weight on the nether regions, they don't swell as much and aren't as painful. I got bad hemorrhoids while pregnant with my son and I will say that while I was losing weight and not straining (drinking water, being active, eating more fiber), I barely noticed them. Then I got pregnant again and they reared their ugly heads. Now that I am roughly the size of a manatee, I am having bad issues, but I am even more motivated than ever to lose the extra pounds, avoid constipation at any cost, and be nice to my butt. There is a faint light at the end of the tunnel in that they may not be as painful if you take action!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 29/Acorn Squash

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Achiness in my lower back, but it comes and goes. I'm feeling okay, physically. I just have too much work to do!!! I work all the damn time and i have no time for nesting. I know I complain about this a lot, but it sucks :(

Upcoming Appointments: Two weeks, I believe. 

Questions for the group: Who is doing prenatal yoga? I hate yoga, but I'm going to try and go. 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? As much as one can be. He was 'chastised' several times by the birthing class teacher to "stop taking notes and just watch and learn!" as it's all in the book, lol. He has been great since I'm working so much, he's taken the lead on a lot of stuff--example, he got us all signed up for the birthing classes, paid for them, chose them, etc. All I had to do was show up. He's making it as easy as possible on me. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 30/ cucumber/ cantaloupe depending on who you ask 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm kind of hitting a wall. Just don't sleep well, always tire and sore and all that good stuff. Ready to meet the babies for sure but also want them to develop fully. Generally just lots of heart burn, gas, etc. 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow to discuss my diagnosis of cholestasis of pregnancy. Then next week for a regular check up, and the following week for a growth scan. 

Questions for the group: anyone have experience with cholestasis of pregnancy? Kind of want to avoid any more googling on it, but it's hard. Hopefully my appointment answers my questions 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  I would say he is probably more involved than average, but maybe I also involve him more? Haha. He comes to basically all of my appointments, he talks and reads to the babies, he asks if I'm feeling ok, helps me up and down from the couch or whatever, etc. he's recently gotten more involved in their stuff like wanting a particular carrier, wanting to try cloth diapers, etc. he does remain more hands off of certain aspects, but generally he's pretty into it. 
  • Options
    @AliciaD39 I don't have a ton of experience with hemorrhoids (yet), but my MIL said she had some really nasty ones after her pregnancies, but after the healing process they have only bothered her once or twice since then and otherwise she doesn't notice them, and she's almost 60.  At the time she told me this I was like, God why, I don't need to know!!  But I keep it in the back of my mind, and I hope it puts your mind at ease a little bit!
  • Options
    @AliciaD39 I don't have a ton of experience with hemorrhoids (yet), but my MIL said she had some really nasty ones after her pregnancies, but after the healing process they have only bothered her once or twice since then and otherwise she doesn't notice them, and she's almost 60.  At the time she told me this I was like, God why, I don't need to know!!  But I keep it in the back of my mind, and I hope it puts your mind at ease a little bit!
    Thank you @Bluejay3030 and @laurenmdrn16 - yall both made me feel a little better. This one is already going down... It was pretty small. Just scary since I'm not even in my third tri yet. 

Also--- never Google them. I didn't know what they were, I had just seen them listed, and googled. Big mistake on the images shown
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 29/Acorn Squash

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Just the normal aches and pains. Tired. Still can't breathe. Ninja baby has found my ribs, so that's fun.

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? A fair amount. He has gone to a good bit of the appointments, but also has had to be at work during some of them. But he talks to the baby and kisses and rubs my stomach. He lights up when she kicks him... so sweet.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @sarawifenow Yes we decided on Sawyer. :)
  • Options
    jenbkc said:
    @sarawifenow Yes we decided on Sawyer. :)
    LOVE!
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 30/Cucumber

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I am starting to feel the swelling in my fingers. Trying to drink more water to see if that helps. And of course, feeling tired more than usual. 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow with diabetes counsellor; Next week with midwife for reg prenatal appt.

Questions for the group: Anyone else feeling tired ALL the time? 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Mine comes to the ultrasound appointments. He asks questions about dr's appts and how they went and helping with the nursery decisions. I am enjoying the belly rubs and how excited he is when we talk about the baby. Can't really ask for more :)
  • Options

Week/Fruit: 29w and an acorn squash

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Hips and lady bits are sore and achy. Little one does daily somersaults. I'm taking naps when I'm not a nap person. Still having PVCs.

Upcoming Appointments: March 4th...regular checkup. Hoping (weirdly) my doc will check if I am dilated. I'm having so much pressure I'm interested to see if I'm dilated/effaced.

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Pretty involved I guess. He bought me 3 body pillows in addition to the one I already have bc I'm having such a hard time sleeping. So my bed is a pillow pretty much. He's only missed 1 1/2 appts. He talks to LO everyday. Any major symptoms I have he will look up on his own to find things that will soothe them. He tells DD1 to make sure I stay in bed or on the couch when he goes to work and I'm home haha. He checks on me regularly and goes to the store to get me things I mention randomly (like an umbrella I randomly mentioned). He's also very supportive and comforting about my anxiety about BFing.

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 30/ cucumber 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    Rants: I hate taking the subway to work, people are so insensitive, they still push me and sit on top of me. As someone else ranted- my SO snores which wakes me up and then I can't fall back to sleep, terrible. 
    Raves: Love how my little guy is moving so much now and responds back when I touch my belly :smile: 
    Symptoms: Down there is super sore, like I have been riding a bicycle with a brick for a set non-stop, legs become super sore while I'm sleeping and my back is really starting to hurt. 

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday, regular OB appt. 

Questions for the group: Is anyone else getting super impatient about meeting their little one? All I can think about lately while he is moving around is how much I just want to hold him and touch his little hands already :smiley: 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He is super involved. It's the first for us both so we are both being extra cautious with everything. He comes to every appointment and has been extremely patient and caring throughout. 
  • Options
    @Sunshinebins did you already receive the Cholestasis diagnosis? Would you mind sharing about your appointment? I am currently waiting on my bloodwork to come back and I made the mistake of googling, so now I'm pretty terrified. 
  • Options
    @Knottie66236605 I am tired ALL THE TIME too! I guess we will feel this way until the end. Sleep is pretty much my best friend.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    jenl1681 said:
    @Sunshinebins did you already receive the Cholestasis diagnosis? Would you mind sharing about your appointment? I am currently waiting on my bloodwork to come back and I made the mistake of googling, so now I'm pretty terrified. 
    Hey! Yes, although they are still running more testing because I guess my previous tests were kind of all over the place. (Everything was elevated besides the bile salts, but he said I look like a textbook case of it otherwise....odd). I started taking medication (actigall 900mg 3x/day), saw him for an ultrasound and will see him again next week. We will recheck all the levels again and he also said we will be doing non stress tests at the high risk facility. He didn't seem super concerned since we caught it early and have began the medication, but it means a lot more appointments between now and delivery day. 

Ill keep telling you what I learn as I go! But yes, Google is scary. You're still early so if they can catch it now and get the meds in your system, that's a good sign! 
  • Options
    @Knottie66236605 I am tired ALL THE TIME too! I guess we will feel this way until the end. Sleep is pretty much my best friend.
    I KNOW!! I could sleep all day @AdorkablePixie!! I don't even know how I make it into work some days lol!

• Options
    jenl1681 said:
    Hey! Yes, although they are still running more testing because I guess my previous tests were kind of all over the place. (Everything was elevated besides the bile salts, but he said I look like a textbook case of it otherwise....odd). I started taking medication (actigall 900mg 3x/day), saw him for an ultrasound and will see him again next week. We will recheck all the levels again and he also said we will be doing non stress tests at the high risk facility. He didn't seem super concerned since we caught it early and have began the medication, but it means a lot more appointments between now and delivery day. 

Ill keep telling you what I learn as I go! But yes, Google is scary. You're still early so if they can catch it now and get the meds in your system, that's a good sign! 
    I called to check if my results were back yet and nothing. The nurse said my OB is back in the office on Monday so I should know something then. The wait it torture! Combined with that fact that it could be absolutely nothing, or very serious, I just want to know the results! Did your DR mention delivering by 37 weeks?