May 2016 Moms

Nipple itch and badonkadonk butt...

These are two of my favorite pregnancy symptoms, so let's address them both. 

Has anyone found a good solution to itchy nipples?  I'm only showering every other day to help keep my skin from drying out but even my body oil won't keep the itch away and let's face it... scratching them in public is not really an option.

As for my booty issues, I am a fairly straight figured girl but as my hips are preparing to bring this miracle into the world my normal FAVORITE Aerie undies aren't covering the booty and I'm ready to move out of wedgie world.  What are your go to hipster style undies that don't dig into the extra fluff? I'm afraid to size up in my favorites because the waist fits well and I don't want to be trade one problem for another. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nipple itch and badonkadonk butt...

• I'm sorry I have no answers or advice.  I just wanted to say that the title of your post has not got a Trace Adkins song stuck in my head Honky Tonk Badonkadonk lol

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I have shamelessly itched mine a time or two in public (discreetly of course) but I just use my belly butter/lotion on my girls as well and haven't had much of an issue with this unless I forget to put it on in the mornings.

As for the booty and underwear issue.. I did purchase some 'regular' undies from VS and boy shorts in 1-2 sizes larger than I normally would for around delivery time and post partum BUT as of now I am still wearing my lace thongs from VS... anything else seems to give me a wedgie (and yes I understand how this makes no sense what so ever but I don't feel thongs and when I wear normal underwear with pants it feels super awkward to me)

• Loading the player...
  • Nipple itch. Yes! Oh my goodness I've totally scratched in public and I don't care. I just use my normal lotion too. I don't know how you're managing not to shower daily...some days I have to shower twice. Late pregnancy has made me super stinky!!!! 
  • UGH! My nipples are sooooo incredibly itchy! I have had to close my office door, reach right into my bra and pop an ice pack on those suckers for a few minutes just to numb them. I actually used this LUSH product called Lovely Jubblies last time, but I think it is discontinued.  :'( I will sometimes express a little colostrum (yo, these puppies are ready and raring to go!) and rub it on my nips, but I think I am going to have to call in reinforcements in the form of belly butter.

As for the undies, I really can't help you. I have been granny-panting it up since I got the BFP. My butt is swimming in yards of cotton and I am loving it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Coconut oil (it's awesome postpartum too...no cracking or bleeding!) and VS lace-waist.
  • Oh my heavens. I have not heard badonkadonk in forever!!! Thank you for this laugh
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Don't worry, itching your nips in public will just translate into cupping the breast in public to see if you are leaking/how long it's been since you fed/pumped.  You won't even notice you do it in the grocery store or at Sunday dinner at the in-laws. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• *lurking from July 2016* But the title to this thread is basically the story of my life atm
  • I use nipple cream (mother love brand). Lansinoh would be good too and you will need it when you are breastfeeding anyway.
  • Granny panties for the win! I recently got the Motherhood Maternity fold over ones and I'm super happy with them. Big butt and all.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Body butter for the itch - I was using Altheaderm body butter and itch cream, but once that ran out I started using mama bee body butter.

For underwear, I love the lace top VS (or Pink brand) hipsters. They are lowcut enough, but the lace top is forgiving on a growing belly.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• I totally agree with @kbrands7 and wanted to add that the coconut oil works even better if you apply it to wet/damp skin after you shower (so before you dry off) then pat off any extra shower water left afterwards so you lock in as much extra moisture as possible!!! 
  • My nipples have Beene ore itchy than normal lately! I use belly butter or cocoa lotion on mine. It helps for the most part.
    as for the underwear, I heard motherhood maternity has some great ones.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Are you gals using soap on your nipples in the shower? You'll probably be able to see little raised bumps around the perimeter of your areola pretty soon if you haven't noticed them already. Those are called Montgomery's tubercles; they cleanse and moisturize your nipples. Any time you use soap on your nips, you wash away the protective oils your MTs provide. Unless you're getting your boobs obviously gross, abstain from soap near the nips, that should help with the itch. And also the oil your MTs secrete helps your baby locate and latch when you're learning to breastfeed. Don't wash it off peeps! 
  • araecasey said:
    Are you gals using soap on your nipples in the shower? You'll probably be able to see little raised bumps around the perimeter of your areola pretty soon if you haven't noticed them already. Those are called Montgomery's tubercles; they cleanse and moisturize your nipples. Any time you use soap on your nips, you wash away the protective oils your MTs provide. Unless you're getting your boobs obviously gross, abstain from soap near the nips, that should help with the itch. And also the oil your MTs secrete helps your baby locate and latch when you're learning to breastfeed. Don't wash it off peeps! 
    I had no idea. I mean I know it secreted oil but I didn't know we shouldn't wash it unless necessary. Obviously after a workout, mine need to be washed... Even though my nipples don't really sweat.. lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I was so thankful for this thread at midnight last night when my nipples started itching like crazy! Note to self- your nipples and magnesium oil do not mix right now!