January 2016 Moms
Options

Baby in crib

just curious as to what age you started putting baby in a crib in the other room? And was it an easy transition? 

Re: Baby in crib

• Options
    We started LO in a crib in the nursery the first day we were home from the hospital. 
  • Options
    I like having my babies with me :)  I coslept with my first until 8 months and my second until 15 months, it was a super easy transition to the crib with both of them.  This baby will probably be in my room well past 1 year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We kept baby in bassinet until 3 months then we move them to their room in their crib. It wasn't that bad, I would just keep the monitor next to me. Plan on doing the same this time. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    DS transitioned to his crib last week. He was 5 weeks. The change has allowed DH and I to sleep well and DS has done great so far. 
  • Options
    Ideally, we tried to get DS to sleep in his crib from day one, but he refuses. We've put him in there knocked out and he wakes up within minutes. So, we'll keep trying!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    Ideally, we tried to get DS to sleep in his crib from day one, but he refuses. We've put him in there knocked out and he wakes up within minutes. So, we'll keep trying!
    Same here.....except my Lo wakes up within 15s and looks at me like how dare you momma! Funny thing is, she slept in her crib since day 1. This whole wanting to be held thing started when she was about 1 week old and had been getting progressively worse. Idk what to do.
  • Options
    tyidin1 said:
    Same here.....except my Lo wakes up within 15s and looks at me like how dare you momma! Funny thing is, she slept in her crib since day 1. This whole wanting to be held thing started when she was about 1 week old and had been getting progressively worse. Idk what to do.
    I admit, I love the snuggles, but it would be nice if he would at least entertain the idea of his crib! It the mobile music is playing, he's okay, but as soon as that music stops, he exercises his lungs! We've been using white noise when we cuddle him to sleep. Hopefully he'll remember the association and will eventually help with the crib transition!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    Thanks! Shes almost a month old and growing like crazy. I feel shes going to outgrow the bassinet quickly. We were thinking of putting her in her crib during the day for naps to get her used to it and the bassinet at night for another few weeks or max another month. Just wasnt sure if it was too early. 
  • Options
    @cali1710 my LO is 6 weeks today, he sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed but I've started trying one nap a day in the crib just to get him used to it. So far he's lasted maybe 30 mins and that's me rocking him to sleep and putting him in but it's gone well! He is also growing like a weed so I'm thinking of trying to do more naps in the crib and a few more weeks before we try it at night like you said! I do love having him close by though! 
  • Options
    She's been sleeping in the RNP from the start but we recently moved the RNP from our room to her room, so she's comfortable sleeping in there. Once her reflux improves/as she gets bigger we'll eventually transition to the crib
  • Options
    We had our 2mo check up today and I asked the Pedi. about this.  She didn't seem concerned that he was in our room still, because she was happy to hear that he's sleeping in his own space. We are going to try naps in the crib next week and begin the transition out of our room and from the bassinet. 
  • Options
    2 weeks. At first he was in a pack n play in our room but every noise he made would wake us. We had a video monitor and figure we would try it and so far so good. We get him to sleep and then put him in the crib and he's good. He wakes 1 or 2 times a night to eat and usually goes right back down. He's an easy baby overall. 
  • Options
    Lo sleeps in the bassinet portion of the pack n play in our room. I'm thinking we'll try to move him around 3 months to his own room. That is what we did with his sister. Hopefully it goes fine. I don't think there is a time that is too early and I also don't see the need for a specific end date. Just whatever works best for you. 
  • Options
    I've had her in her crib since day one at home. Her crib is in my room however (she's the best little roommate one could ask for) so I can see her. We keep up a regular routine of her nightlight owl with the projected stars and lullaby music playing each night. We recently have started putting her down earlier and turning on the monitor so we can get some stuff done at night (shower, dishes, ect) before that we were letting her sleep on us downstairs until we came up to bed and would put her in her own crib then. But us going to bed sometimes isn't till midnight and that's not a bedtime we want to keep promoting. She's been doing good on her own without us, some nights are fussier than others but that can be linked to growth spurts and cluster feeding. 
  • Options
    My daughters crib is in my room, and still I have her in my bed each night haha. I thought I never would bedshare, but baby cuddles are the best. It seems like I can't get enough! I'm hoping the transition won't be too hard. 
    Same here, I thought I would never bed share, but here we are and it's just works perfectly for me and LO. 
  • Options
    I decided that while I am off for the week from school, I'd try and get LO in his crib for some naps.  He is currently napping in there now. Granted, I've gone in once about 25 minutes after putting him in there to put the pacifier back in his mouth to get him back to sleep.  If he can make it an hour in there a few times a day, I'll be happy.  Every 20-25 minutes he gets jolted awake and I can see his little legs scrunching up, so I take it he's passing some gas or at least getting his body ready to do so. Hoping we make some good progress with this, in the next couple of weeks and he can be out of room and into his crib.
  • Options
    We plan to transition our little one from the RnP to the upper crib part soon. She is 5 weeks old but out growing the length of the RNP and bassinet quickly ! She's 22 inches. Im a little worried about putting her in such a big space . What if she is swaddled and rolls and can't turn back over ? I'm sure she would cry ... But its one of my worries 
  • Options
    We had DD in crib since day 1. We don't have room in our bedroom for a bassinet or co sleeping attachment. She does great in her crib. Our bedroom is 6 ft from hers and we have a video monitor.
  • Options
    @Rach8672 I worry about that too.  LO can get himself to his side (he doesn't do it too often, but he does do it) and especially in the swaddle, because he's like a roley-poley burrito all wrapped up.  We are having him take some naps in there now, and one thing I am doing is watching for the kinds of movements he's doing on the video camera we have.  If I see him teetering back and forth a lot, we will probably go to the sleep sack where his hands are out, so that he can use them, if he indeed ends up rolling over onto his stomach at some point.  He's only 9 weeks and hasn't shown a lot of signs that it will be happening soon, but it's in the back of my mind.
  • Options
    ccoleeman said:
    She's been sleeping in the RNP from the start but we recently moved the RNP from our room to her room, so she's comfortable sleeping in there. Once her reflux improves/as she gets bigger we'll eventually transition to the crib
    Great idea.  I may start to do this. The baby grunts keep me awake between feedings. I'm just worried about him waking DD.  But I think DH and I would sleep much better if we move him. 
  • Options
    We couldn't get our daughter to sleep in her crib, although I think it was more due to reflux issues. For the first few weeks, we were using the infant to toddler rocker next to the bed. My sister gave us a boppy infant seat (not the nursing pillow) and she'll sleep in that in the crib. We've even been able to leave the mobile off, and she often doesn't need a pacifier, either.