Pregnant after IF

*2nd tri check in Feb 22nd* New leader needed in 2 weeks

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:

@kistra EDD 5/18/16 with 1 bean!
@AdorkablePixie EDD 5/23/16 with a little boy!
@NB817 EDD 5/28/15 with a little boy!
@Binnie505 EDD 6/12/2016 1 little lady!
@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 6/15/16 with 1 little boy!
@Msbender129 EDD 6/15/2016 with 1 bean Team Green!
@HBamama2B EDD 6/17/16 with one boy!
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16 with 1bean!
@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 bean

@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: What's your favorite part about being pregnant at the moment? Least favorite?

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

Re: *2nd tri check in Feb 22nd* New leader needed in 2 weeks

• So new preggo symptoms have popped up for me. Sore lower back and the urge to pee like every 5 minutes. My husband (urologist) is having me work on bladder training to reduce the urge. It's unpleasant waking up 4 times at night! As for favorite part of being pregnant, no guilt with the Girl Scout cookies I bought?:)

I have my 16 week appt next Friday, just a general appt and they will check the heartbeat. I can't wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender. 

• Good morning!!! The only symptom I am having, and it's killing me, is the round ligament pulling. OUCH! I do have a Leachco body pillow and it helps, but when I want to roll over or if I bend over to pick up after my son it hurts so bad! I do not miss this! I also had a breakdown Saturday. My husband works most Saturdays and my son is rearing up on his terrible twos and while I never yell at my son or spank, I felt myself losing my patience with him this weekend. He's saying no, he's throwing things and testing the waters by doing things he know he shouldn't like standing up on his slide. He's already fallen twice! So when my DH got home I broke down. I hate being so hormonal. 

What I love, feeling the flutters, people asking if I'm carrying, and the congrats I get. Seeing my son pat my belly and say "Why-weet" (Wyatt), it melts my heart. I love being pregnant. I just wish I could snap out of this constant exhaustion and weepiness. 

My next appt is March 4 for a level two ultrasound since I am "high risk" (AMA). I'm so excited! I haven't seen my little nugget since 9 weeks!!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Loading the player...
  • @TerraMae80 remind me how many weeks are you again?? 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited February 2016
    19 weeks this week! Can't believe next week marks the 1/2 way point! I told some people at work already, but the others are starting to notice my belly... needless to say, I've gotten a lot of funny looks as I walk down the hallways which usually leads to me saying, "Yes, there's a baby in there," which everyone has gotten a kick out of. It's amazingggg how nice people are to you when they find out you're pregnant.

Hubs and I are finishing up our registry, working on some minor home improvements before the baby gets here, starting to look at baby furniture, thinking about when to take childbirth classes, and are choosing a pediatrician. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that there would be so much to do before our little baby gets here!

I have an ultrasound and appt. with my OB a week from today. My husband has gone with me to every appointment so far but this time my mom is coming with me. She's never seen a live ultrasound so she is ecstatic to see her grand baby on screen! 

QOTW: Favorite part of being pregnant right now definitely has to be the flutters @TerraMae80 Couldn't agree with you more! I've felt the flutters now for a couple of weeks and recently I felt a few jabs... I have convinced myself that these little jabs are the baby and not some other bodily function haha. I also love when one side of my belly (lately the right) gets super hard... I think that's where they baby is hanging out :blush: Can't wait until this little baby is using my tummy as a punching bag! 

My least favorite part would have to be my pregnancy pillow and the side sleeping. I'm a back sleeper so this whole not sleeping on my back thing is really uncomfortable. We just got a new mattress which has helped with my hip pain (thank goodness) but the side sleeping while trying to snuggle my Snoogle has been a challenge. BUT I will say that I'll take every bit of discomfort and pain for the little human growing inside of me... it's all worth it :smile: 

• Good Afternoon!  I'm new to this thread.  I'll be 14weeks tomorrow with one baby girl, my EDD is 8/23/16!  My next appointment is on March 25th.  We just had an appointment last Friday, and she was super active during the ultrasound, kicking and moving around.  And we heard a her heartbeat for the first time.  It was amazing!  It's been such a great feeling knowing that I finally have this little life that we've been praying for growing inside me!  I think because of our struggle with fertility, I've also been overly anxious about everything being healthy, which has been difficult.  All in all, I'm so relieved to finally be coming into my 2nd trimester, and I'm really focusing on all of the great things ahead!

QOTW: My favorite part of being pregnant is all of the support and well wishes that we've received from family and friends.  Everyone is so excited for us, especially those that have known our struggle.  I love hearing how loved my little girl is already.  Least favorite part is waking up 3-4 times a night to pee!   

Me: 36, DH: 36

Married and TTC Since 2/2012

Me: Mild PCOS, DH: Low Sperm Count and Motility

IUI #1 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 10/15/15, MC (CP) 10/19/15

IUI #2 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 12/14/15  EDD 8/23/16

Foster to Adopt Placement! DD#1 Born 7/2016

DD#2 Born 9/2016

Foster to Adopt Placement! DS Born 7/2018

• TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited February 2016
    @nb817 I am just about 17 weeks 

@mechelita44 I can't wait to feel those big jabs again. I feel the flutters on and off and sometimes I don't feel them for days. I'm so glad I have a doppler. LOL 

@Vagarcia16 So good to see you here!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited February 2016
    I'm 16w2d today. Still no flutters yet, but the baby is super active when listening in with my doppler! I've been having spotting everyday since last Monday evening, which has been driving me crazy. No cramping, luckily, but I just wish I knew why this was happening. Last Tuesday was the worst with clots passing...tiny clots (vast majority no bigger than the tip of my pinky), but still there. It was definitely strange to have clotting with no true bleeding or flow. It really was just spotting. Since then, it's mainly been pink or brown and once to three times a day. The doctor checked my cervix and all was good there. Apparently the tip of my cervix is open enough for a finger to fit, but not to go through. She said this can just be a normal variation and since my cervix is long, I'm most likely not having issues with an incompetent cervix. I just need to watch for feelings of pressure, but I'm honestly just not really sure what that means. Sometimes, my lower abdomen feels very heavy or my right side feels sore. I don't think that's what they mean by pressure. Anyway, sorry for rambling, but it's been on my mind constantly... Thankful for my doppler to give me much needed peace of mind lately. 

The spotting issue has definitely been my least favorite part of pregnancy. I have so many favorites, though. My top has to be watching my husband's excitement and hearing him talk to the baby. I need to get a journal and write dow. what he says. Last week, I thought my heart could explode with love from listening to him talk to the baby! I just feel like the happiest, luckiest girl in the world lately!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Hello ladies! It's my last week in the second tri. I can't believe I am 27 weeks already! This pregnancy is flying by. I am sure before long I won't be saying that anymore. lol

My favorite part of pregnancy at the moment is feeling baby boy move so much and SEEING him move from the outside. I love that my DH can now see and feel too. :) It is truly amazing.

My least favorite part is probably the lower back pain I have been having. I have one of those big pillows but don't really feel like I need it yet, but last night I tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs and woke up with no lower back pain! I am praying this continues!

@riveridgional That is so strange about the clots and spotting. I'd be worried too, it's a good thing you have a Doppler to keep you at ease. :) Hopefully it will stop soon.

@Vagarcia16 Welcome! Congratulations on your little bean. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Hello ladies. 24 weeks and overall the things are going well. I did suffer from cold and cough and that was not fun at all. Trying to get the new house furnished is taking up all my time during the weekends. I don't get anything done on weekdays as I am too tired after putting in 8 hours at work. Thank god hubby has finished almost all the unpackings. We still haven't decided what theme we want to do our nursery and I don't want too pink. 

Fun part is definitely the little flutters. And the least favorite these days is the heartburn. It occurs all the time!!
  • @riveridgional hope that clot thing stops. All the best.

@Vagarcia16 congratulations and best wishes on ur little bean.

@AdorkablePixie All the best for your third trimester. Hope everything will go smoothly for u :)
  • Hi ladies! Hope everyone is hanging in there. Nothing new here just gestating away and working all day. :)! 3 more wks till my next appointment.

Least favorite part: Pregnancy. Just yup, all of that.

Most Favorite part: Him. All of him. Every kick, hiccough, wiggle, or ultrasound image. So in love with this little bean. 

• @Binnie505 Thank you! :) Best of luck to you in the rest of your second and third tri! I'll see you over there.

@HBamama2B That's a shame. I love being pregnant! I thought because I had such a hard time getting pregnant I'd have a hard pregnancy, but it hasn't been that way. I think I got really lucky! Isn't feeling movement THE BEST?! I just love it.

• HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited February 2016
    @adorkablepixie I'm hopeful that'll be my next experience since every pregnancy is different, but even if they are all hard, meh-I'll deal. I actually thought I would love being pregnant and would love every thing about it once I was finally able to get there. I just remind myself that I'm not in this for the pregnancy, I'm in it for my little guy. Quite frankly, after 10 years of IF- 9months of anything just can't scare me.
  • @HBamama2B That's true. I hope your next one will be easy.. and mine too! lol Hopefully this pregnancy will kick out bodies in gear and we won't need IF treatments next go round!!

• @Vagarcia16 Congratulations and welcome!

@riveridgional I'm so sorry you have to deal with this spotting. Sounds like your OB is taking good care of you. I hope it stops soon! You sound so happy and positive when talking about your baby and your husband talking to your baby! Brought a little tear to my eye!
  • Hi ladies I actually posted on Tuesday but TB ate my post! So here goes again...

26weeks almost 27! My next appointment is March 4th but I'm going in on Tuesday for Glucose test. 

Qotw: favorite part is all the moving he's doing. I love feeling him flip around! 
    Least favorite part is heartburn. I've never had it in my life and now I'm getting it all the time. Also I have crotch pain when I stand up to walk it's so weird because none of this happened with DD. 

@riveridgional that is really scary about the bleeding! I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Does your OB think its SCH?

@vagarcia16 congrats and welcome!!! 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• @NB817 She hasn't mentioned it, and I haven't had an ultrasound since it started. I was wondering the same thing myself though it's not heavy like most SCHs I've heard about. She said it is probably just normal pregnancy bleeding and that a lot of pregnant women experience some bleeding with no identifiable cause and no issues. My cervix also had some glands on it that were pink and swollen, so she thinks it's probably coming from there.

The spotting went away for 2 days, but is back again this morning. I'm starting to feel more nonchalant about it, which is strange, but probably a good thing.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @adorkablepixie I hope you do too! Unfortunately, my DH and I both have IF so no magic fix for us. We are incredibly blessed to to have 10 terrific embabies waiting for us for the next tries. Having such a perfect IVF cycle meant the world in terms of easing our anxiety and giving us true hope for the family we've always dreamed of.
  • @HBamama2B That's awesome. :)

• Hey ladies! I hope you all are doing well! Anything exciting happening? Anyone else having bad back pain yet? I'm dyin! I have my scan this Friday! I haven't seen my little nugget since I think 9 weeks. 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• I have been having some back pain and horrible heartburn every day :/ I have my 16 week appt this Friday I don't think I get an ultrasound. I went and bought maternity jeans and leggings no hiding my bump anymore!
  • I am having my anatomy scan earlier than usual. With my first it was at 19 weeks, and I'll be 18 for this one. 

Aren't the maternity jeans so comfortable??
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic