February 2016 Moms

Welcome to the world Wyatt!

My little peanut was born 2/23 at 8:31pm (just over 24 hours right now) weighing 8lbs 5oz, 21.5 inches long! 

And now the birth story as promised!

I was induced 2/22 at night with cervidil and spent the night at the hospital. I got about 2 hours of sleep.  When I got to the hospital I was actually having regular contractions that were 5 minutes apart. After some fluids they spaced out a little. Around 10:30am 2/23 they started my pitocin. Immediately my already painful and regular contractions (that were back at 3-5 mins) got more intense. They actually only gave me half of the pitocin I was supposed to get, my body took over from there. I tried the medicine ball, but after just a couple minutes I was asking for an epidural. I had dilated from 2-3 cm (what I was when I was admitted) to a 4 and I was having 2-3 contractions per 5 minutes, so about every 1-2 minutes. At about 2pm I got my epidural. Let me tell you, if you're on the fence, do it. I wanted to wait as long as I could, I was screaming through contractions! That epidural was heaven! I could still feel myself contract but they didn't hurt. Right after, they broke my water. My nurse persuaded me to use the peanut ball, it was kind of uncomfortable. Maybe an hour later my epidural wasn't covering the whole contraction anymore and I was feeling more pain and pressure. My nurse checked me (like 2 hours after the last time I was checked) and I was 8cm and totally thinned out. They gave me another dose of the epi, and I got a bad case of the shakes. This was about 3pm. By 5pm, I was 10 and feeling so much pressure! I held off pushing until about 7pm to give baby some time to drop as he was still a little high. I pushed for an hour and a half, and at 8:31, out came baby Wyatt! It was the best worst day of my life. Everything sucked leading up to his arrival. The hand iv was TERRIBLE. I apparently have tough skin and the nurses poked me 8-10 times before finally just putting it in the inside of my elbow- where they got it in the first prick and I had no occlusion issues. I told my husband this sweet boy will be an only child! Overall, it was a quick induction process, thankfully! Much quicker than I had expected because I would have most likely gone into labor and had him that day on my own anyways. 

Re: Welcome to the world Wyatt!