February 2016 Moms

Check-in and Random Wednesday Chit Chat

Let hear how everyone's doing. How far along are you? How old is baby? How are you feeling? 
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Check-in and Random Wednesday Chit Chat

• 40+4 scheduled for an induction Friday at 7am (we live 1.5 hours from the hospital so alarm is set for 5am that day, yuck. Lol). I'm feeling good, physically, not one sign of labor unfortunately, going to go on a longgggg walk today and tomorrow would love of this baby would come on her own and I didn't have to be induced! Wow, I get texts everyday "is the bs y here" "any contractions?" My favorite "when is that pink bundle going to be here?"-- "Uhm- idk she hasn't answered me when I ask" lol. No one knows (other than family in getting induced b/c I'm a private person) but we live in a town population 900 so my mom and sister get asked everyday about it too. Lol. It's nice to know people are interested, but jeesh!! 

That's it for me, good luck to the mamas you have yet to deliver & to the ones with newborns getting adjusted and what not!(:
  • Loading the player...
  • Every morning I wake up discouraged that I'm still pregnant. 40+2. Lost a big nasty glob of MP last night (you're welcome for the over share ;), but I know that doesn't really mean anything labor wise. Going for another 2.5mi walk today. 

The pregnancy insomnia finally kicked in this week. Was up for 2.5hrs in the middle of the night last night. I'm thankful it waited until now to start (started at 35w last time) because the exhaustion is killing me with a toddler. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Am 39+2. Feel very lazy, have done a lot of sitting around! May have to try this going on a walk lark to convince baby that it wants to come out! Have had no signs at all that baby will make an entrance any time soon. 
  • 40+ 5 here.  Induction will be next Thursday if he doesn't come before then, so I am basically just waiting and going to the doc in the meantime.  Going to the doctor at this point is a part time job.  Since I am overdue, I have to go to the hospital 2x a week for NST and once a week to my regular doc.  Good thing my job is very flexible and I can leave to go do all of this!  I am trying to not get mad at this kid for not coming out yet, and trying to enjoy as much sleep/relaxing as I can get
  • Nadine is two weeks today and growing too fast! I feel like she's more aware every day and she's really starting to get on a schedule. 

Still coming to terms with my emergency hysterectomy, but at the end of the day, it had to happen to save my life. I was diagnosed with placenta increta and had absolutely 0 risk factors. I'm 22 years old and they biopsied my uterus and it was in perfect condition. 

Recovery is going well. I still have 6 more weeks without activity which sucks, but I got a battle scar and a crazy story to tell, that's for sure. 

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• 40+4 with no signs of labor. I'm impatient but trying hard to adjust my mindset by making myself believe that my due date has not come and gone and that I'm actually not due until March. That way I may be pleasantly surprised? Though, let's be honest... it's not working. 
  • @VitaLuna insomnia hit me in the last week too, yikes can't imagine that plus a toddler! I'll be walking today too, here's to hoping the babes want to make their appearance sooner rather than later!!(: 
  • Franklin in 4 days old and he's been a little on the fussy side. He did so much spitting up the first couple days, but it seems like it's gotten better since my milk came in. Last night his shortest sleep stretches were a full hour, with a few 2 hour stretches and one 3 hour. This is a vast improvement for us...he was doing a lot of waking every 20-30 minutes.  He's also doing a little better with letting me lay him down - I probably only had to hold him half the night. Small steps, huh? I totally feel like a newbie - there's a lot to learn and adjust to every time with every baby. 

Last night, BIL and has wife and kids stopped by on 15 minutes notice at dinner time. I had just returned with the baby from picking up chipotle, and they didn't even say, "hey go ahead and eat!" Overstayed their welcome so bedtime was late, etc. they are great people but sooooooo (unintentionally) self-absorbed.  Frustrating. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish my ILs did that when they were visiting over the holidays. We'd be home and available ALL day, then they'd show up at dinner time, get DD riled up right before bedtime, then sit around watching tv after we hinted it was time to go. I would've lost it if they had done the same thing with a newborn at home. 

My mom just called saying that she told my grandma we'd come over after DDs nap. I feel like a jerk, but the last thing I want to do is ride in the car 30 minutes each way talking about the baby, then sit around and talk to my grandma and mom about how I'm uncomfortable, yes I've tried walking, listening about everyone in the family's birth story, etc.

• Caleb is now 2 weeks 5 days old and things are going great at home now. We finally got past a week and a half long bout with the stomach flu in our house and can now get into more of a routine.

Caleb is sleeping so good at night, only waking up once to eat. He is such an easy baby which helps out a lot with having 3 older brothers in the house. But definitely can't complain, his brothers are such good helpers, and they absolutely adore him.

• VitaLuna said:
    @MississippiCatfish my ILs did that when they were visiting over the holidays. We'd be home and available ALL day, then they'd show up at dinner time, get DD riled up right before bedtime, then sit around watching tv after we hinted it was time to go. I would've lost it if they had done the same thing with a newborn at home. 

My mom just called saying that she told my grandma we'd come over after DDs nap. I feel like a jerk, but the last thing I want to do is ride in the car 30 minutes each way talking about the baby, then sit around and talk to my grandma and mom about how I'm uncomfortable, yes I've tried walking, listening about everyone in the family's birth story, etc.
    No way you would've got me in that car at 40+ weeks. It will happen exactly how you described it and you'll be worn out because of it! You need that energy - pulling for you that things get started up in the next 5 days!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @egraves4 I still can't fathom what you are going through. Glad to hear you and Nadine are doing well!!

we are still settling in. After having a significant quick weight loss the dr recommended supplementing which was a huge emotional shock. Freddie had a good check up today so I'll be trying to go back to bfing but still pumping and supplementing. All the crazy hormones are not helping. I feel like I should have been more in tune to his signs and known something was wrong since he was so inconsolable the first few days. Turns out when I thought he was feeding he was either just suckling or only getting the very little milk I was producing. I'm still trying to tell myself that I couldn't have known and we did everything we could but i feel like I failed him as his mom. 
  • @srecupido don't beat yourself up! There's no way to predict these things. Easier said than done, though.. I know from experience that mom guilt is the worst guilt (and this is just the beginning). Hopefully your supply is picking up and you can get back to straight breastfeeding soon. I highly recommend seeing a lactation consultant if you continue to have issues (I had to a couple times with DD). 

• I am now 40+5, have tried everything to bring her along, even 2 stretch and sweeps and nothing! Trying to think positively...

• Lottie is one week today!!! And a pretty happy lady. The first couple of days home were hard, we supplemented to help with weight loss and it made her pretty uncomfortable. Once my milk came in it cleared up the night fussing. I thought I was mentally prepared for an upset infant but it totally broke me down a few times. Currently though she's happier and sleeps a few hours at a time easily.
    I am working to build my iron, I left the hospital very low, from tearing blood loss . I also got a bit of a rash to heal up, a batch of hives on my back and stomach. I'm pretty zapped but getting stronger, I need to force myself to nap more.
    I absolute need a venting moment, so here it goes. I'm really taken aback by how insisting people are about visiting, and how absurd it is to get people offering to babysit my one week old. I'm recovering and breastfeeding, I could really use some food or an errand done, no you may not babysit. My mother in law has been a favorite of mine since I have known her, but I am really exhausted with her pushing visit plans on me, I'm hella anemic and need it acknowledged that my health is also a priority. Having this little sweety has maybe brought out some crazy in people. My neighbor caught me outside the other day and started in on how terrible doctors and hospitals are ( I am an EMT lady, I don't agree), then told me how to help jaundice ( ok, yah, the person who delivered baby, with a Ph.D. also had suggestions) and then criticized me for letting Lottie sleep more than two hours at a time.  Currently have a do not disturb sign on my front door, and will not respond to any requests on Facebook because I think I might snap. ok rant over! No matter what, I got a sweet squishy to snuggle.
  • Thanks @VitaLuna  it's helpful hearing other people have gone through similar things and successfully transitioned. Our peds office has a dedicated lc who I've seen twice and am able to schedule with which is awesome. At the end of the day his needs are most important and while I want to feed him breast milk- feeding him in general is most important 
  • Little Carmine is 2 weeks 3 days old and everything has been great. I've been super busy and time has been flying by. My husband goes back to work Monday so I will definitly have all 4 of my children on my own. My husband works night shift 2 to midnight so not looking forward to that. But the kids have enjoyed him home and we have been going out like crazy. :). Carmine is breastfeeding very well and is a very mellow baby. 
  • I'm 41 weeks + 2 days and 2 cm dilated. I've had 3 membrane sweeps, and every time it's triggered cramping and/or contractions, but no labor. I'm really trying not to get discouraged!

I'll be induced on Tuesday at 42 weeks if I haven't gone into labor on my own yet. I do think that's a good thing, but will be a little bummed because it will be a medical birth at the hospital instead of a home birth with the midwives I've gotten so comfortable with these past months. Everything will be fine in the end, of course. But it will change the dynamics a lot.