Pregnant after IF

*First Tri Check-in Week of February 22nd*

edited February 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: When did you (or when do you plan to) tell your families about your BFP? How did you do it?

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:

@kbear28 EDD 7/24/16
@ShayLatrice EDD 8/4/16
@poeface EDD 8/8/16
@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16
@rshatsky EDD 8/24/16
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16
@duchessofravity EDD 9/1/16
@cassiebmalek EDD 9/8/16
@vnegron87 EDD 9/8/16
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16
@piperella EDD 10/2/16
@MrsB627 EDD 10/4/16
@Selena2016 EDD 10/6/16
@takethelongway EDD 10/12/16
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16
@bluegal1 EDD 10/21/16
@jaqcap17 EDD 10/27/16
@rabeckap EDD ??????
@ehanssmann EDD ??????
@Annacygirl EDD ??????
Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
December 2016-Natural CP
April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
Follow our journey

Re: *First Tri Check-in Week of February 22nd*

• Hi everyone!!  I'm 13w today!  I can't believe I'm almost done with my first trimester!  Geez, it's gone so fast.  This week I have a few appointments - Harmony (NIPT) testing on Thursday and NT scan on Friday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the babies because I don't really FEEL pregnant.  I have little pains and aches here and there, and my abdomen definitely keeps expanding, but my symptoms are really minor.  I THINK I've felt a few little flutters here and there, but I'll be happy when I can just feel them all the time!!  My infertility brain still can't quite wrap my head around how we were so lucky on our first IVF after 19 months of meds, TI, and IUI and getting nothing.  I'm waiting for the shoe to drop.  I'm sure I'll still have moments of feeling like that as I get further on, but I just want to feel them!!  

QOTW: We told my dad right away.  He knew all about the IVF (he helped with financing :blush: ) so he knew our timeline and when the blood test was.  I still got to surprise him because I told him after I took a HPT a couple days prior to beta.  Other family we told after we saw the heartbeats.  Probably much earlier than a lot of people would do it, but that's how we roll, I guess.  :)  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I'm so excited for you @emsmama15!!! Congrats on the end of you 1st trimester and your appointments this week!!  

I'm 8w1d today, and I had my intake ob appointment today.  Heartbeat was 179, measured at 17.7mm, and was measuring one day ahead.  It was so good to see the heartbeat again after a week of no ultrasounds.  I didn't get to hear it today.  I get to have another one done by my RE on Friday, and look forward to the quality time we get to spend looking at the baby and actually hearing the heartbeat.  He wants to dismiss me at 10w and I'm not ready.

I wanted to share this with those of you who use the Ovia app and/or watch Game of Thrones.  I shared the baby update status with my DH and he sent me the craziest image back.. 

QOTW: When did you (or when do you plan to) tell your families about your BFP? How did you do it?  I've only told my dad, stepmom, and mom about it.  We haven't told my DH's family and we are planning to wait until the end of March.  I made little boxes that say on the inside of the lid "our next adventure begins in october" and in the box is a nest with a robin's egg.  I tied it with twine and stamped hearts on it. There's a little tag on top that says "open me". I gave one to my dad/stepmom and one to my mom.  I'm going to send some to Scotland to DH's mom and grandmother and one to my brother.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited February 2016
    @emsmama15 It's so crazy you're at 13w! I'm so happy for you!

@piperella That is such a cute idea!!!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @Piperella, I love the GoT meme.  Little Finger is so creepy.  I'm so excited for it to start back up again.  :)
  • Hello Ladies-

I can't believe I am pregnant after all this time . I found out last night and today is my birthday . I met with my fertility doctor and he confirmed via a blood test that I'm pregnant.

I am nervous as I suffer from PCOS. DH & I where preparing to start IUI but this all happened naturally I'm still in shock.

My due date is October 21st.

I am 5 1/2 wks
  • edited February 2016
    @BlueGal1 Welcome! I also have PCOS. I'll add you to the EDD list at top :) Also, Happy Birthday!!
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • I'm six weeks today and as of yesterday hello nausea! Today it's hello vomiting. I'm at a class for work and keep making trips to the bathroom. All I want to do is go home and lay down. But, I'm excited that there is a baby inside me making me feel so miserable! 

QOTW : we've only told our close friends so far, mostly because they have been right here with us through this journey. We plan to tell DH family and my dad at Easter. I haven't figures out how exactly yet. Easter this year will be his grandmother's 93rd birthday, I want a special way to tell her. 
  • Hi Everyone!
    DH and I just found out we were pregnant last Friday! I have PCOS and we have been seeing an RE for eleven months.  We tried 6 IUI's and then did an egg retrieval in December of 2015.  We waited to do a FET in January because I had moderately severe OHSS after my retrieval.  Our January FET didn't take but our February one did and we are so excited!!!! My estimated die date is October 27th.  I'm not really having too many symptoms except for some mild cramping every now and then.  I also have been getting tired earlier. I'm so excited but still trying to stay grounded because I am so scared something can go wrong.

QOTW:
    We told my mom, dad, brother, and sister yesterday.  We were celebrating my brother in laws birthday and it seemed like a good time since everyone was together.  They were all over the moon excited!  I've also told two friends who also went through fertility and have really been there for me.  Of course, we all cried together.  
  • edited February 2016
    I added you to the top @Jaqcap17 and I'm so glad you're over here now :) 

I have my 7 week ultrasound today and I couldn't come at a better time. I broke up a fight at school yesterday and then I started having some brown spotting with my Crinone discharge and some weird sharp pains on my left side. I feel like everything is perfectly fine, but I cannot wait to see my little embaby at noon today!

QOTW: We told our parents all via phone after we saw the heartbeat last week. We were going to wait and tell them when everyone else found out at 14 weeks, but we decided since there was a heartbeat we could go ahead and tell family. Nothing fancy like we had planned, but now everyone knows :) 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Hi ladies. I am going to request that someone else take over this board as board leader. My ultrasound today revealed no heartbeat or fetal pole and a larger than normal yolk sac. I will go back on Friday for a recheck, but my doctor has me preparing for a miscarriage. 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @takethelongway I am so sorry for that you are going through this. I know there is nothing that can be said to help, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • @takethelongway - I'm so sorry!  Please keep us updated.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • PiperellaPiperella member
    edited February 2016
    @takethelongway I'm so sorry and am praying and thinking about you.   I will take the board over for you.. Don't worry about that,  but I will be hopeful for your recheck on Friday. Sending you the biggest hugs ever. 
  • I'm 8 weeks 1 day today according to my RE and my ovulation date. (My ob thinks 4 days but I'm going to talk to her about that.). I honestly was trying so hard to stay awake at work today! I teach special Ed preschool and they have nap and I kept walking around the room to stay awake!

QOTW - We told our immediate family the day we found out. I'm really bad at hiding things and we were super excited! Because of the huge snow storm, I face timed everyone. Definitely not how I planned but we were stuck inside for 3 days and everytime I got a phone call, I was trying to hide it but then we decided to tell. Also, a few close friends who knew the journey and my two friends at work (one who has the same RE as me and my TA know!) but they found out a bit later.

Praying for you! @takethelongway

DS born 2016
  • I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this... We've all been through so much and it just doesn't ever seem to get easy. We are all here for you! Sending you positive thoughts and {{hugs}} @takethelongway
  • @takethelongway I am so sorry! I'm sending you big hugs and sending prayers for you. 
  • 7 weeks on wednesday and a first ultrasound that day. 

been "trying" since April 2014. mc Jan 15 and nov 15. when I would get a bfp my thyroid would skyrocket when I never had an issue previously. now medicated and had the help of clomid, letrozole and metformin. edd 10.19

@takethelongway sending positive vibes to you 
  • Thank you for all the love and support @emsmama15 @Piperella @purepositivity @kennelchick @MrsB627 @Jaqcap17 @mrszoess

I wish you all the best of luck as your pregnancies progress and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!! 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • thanks @takethelongway hope to see u back here very soon