TTC After a Loss
Options

debilitating cramps

So this is my first true period since my loss, pretty much 2 months on the nose. I am in severe pain. I had pretty awful cramps the week leading up to my period.  Today is day one and holy crap, it hurts. It's uncomfortable at best when laying down, but walking is excruciating.  I have sharp pains, like stabbing and pinching,  main on my right. Also a fair amount of bleeding,  but not enough to cause concern. How different were your menstruation cramps after m/c? 

Re: debilitating cramps

• Options
    Hi, sorry for your loss. I didn't really have any more than standard menstral cramps. I'd say anything excruciating or debilitating should definitely be discussed with a dr. In the past, I've had a couple of bad periods and always found heat to be the best relief... Hot pack or hot bath. 

Hope things go ok. 
  • Options
    My first period was severe cramps and no bleeding for 3 days and then 1 day of Extremely heavy bleeding. My second period was painful cramps and a heavy flow, but it felt normal-ish. It was like a very intense normal period. What struck me was how good it felt to have the period, despite the pain. It was like my hormones, which were out of whack were normalizing. I felt fine for a week, but then hormones kicked back in for getting ready to ovulate.

We always say here that the only thing normal after a MC is that nothing is normal!

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya, I have a hot water bottle.  I am tempted to see a Dr if it goes this way until Monday.  I just don't want to if I can help it.  I am a Canadian in the USA atm, no insurance, so I'd rather not a huge bill if it's nothing serious.  I am looking for scarier symptoms such as fever or vomiting, or foul smell and such. Thanks for responding.  
  • Options
    Fair enough... It's another cruel part of miscarriage, isn't it...

It sounds like you're watching for the right things. Really heavy bleeding where you bleed through a pad in an hour is another one to watch for. 

I I have a feeling I past a small amount of tissue after mine... Just found an irregular substance. This could be another cause for your pain while things continue to clear out??
  • Options
    I was given an all clear (trans vag u/s) before I flew, I was told all tissue was gone, but who knows.  Ya, bleeding is within heavy-normal. Uggg miscarriage sucks soo much.  
  • Options
    Doesn't it ever! 
  • Options
    My cramps seemed lighter and more manageable than usual the first period after loss. I don't know if that's just because my period cramps felt like nothing relative to the contractions I had for days during my miscarriage or if they really were easier than normal period cramps. But I go to acupuncture weekly and I really think that has helped my body heal and regulate after loss.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    After my most recent loss, I definitely had a harder time with my period for a few months. My flow was much harder than I had experienced before. It's calmed down now and more "normal". It took awhile though but that could be due to lateness of my loss (20 weeks). My other losses, the ones that were less than 6 weeks along, were easier for my body to bounce back. Plus I'm older now, my other losses were over 5 years ago. So not sure if that plays a part?
  • Options
    My period and cramps in the first few cycles after mc were not to terrible. But the the day before my fourth cycle I had cramps that were so bad I just had to go to sleep because I could not get comfortable. I think what your experiencing is pretty normal after a mc but if you are really concerned it doesn't hurt to call your doctor.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @decoycandy How are you doing today? I hope your cramps are less awful... 
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Options
    Slightly less awful.  Thanks 
  • Options
    I'm sure this won't be comforting, but just so you don't feel alone if this happens... My first cycle after MC was much more painful than "normal". I thought it would get better but my second cycle was actually worse. So much worse.  With my second cycle the only thing that helped was a hot water bottle. I really do hope your cramps ease up! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    Ya, it was mainly before and day 1 and 2. It's ok now. Looking forward to next month ;) despite knowing the worse may not be over, knowing I'm not likely dying is comforting.  Thanks for the input 

• Options
    I had cramping with my first period, but not my next 2. It may get better.