Infertility
Options

Anyone trying to lose weight? On WW online?

So.... with my weight fluctuating so much with being on the fertility meds and my BP elevated, I took the plunge and signed up for WW online.  I NEED to do somethign and hopefully this will help me lose the lbs I've gained already.  Anyone else trying to lose weight with WW?  Any good tips or meals to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone trying to lose weight? On WW online?

• Options
    AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited February 2016
    I don't know if these qualify for WW, but they are super tasty and really low calorie!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html
    Edits I made: added ground turkey to the sauce, used jarred sauce, used just two serving sizes of moz on the top, not the whole bag throughout.

https://soulcysters.com/pcos-friendly-recipe-quick-cauliflower-fried-rice/
    Edits I made: used frozen peas, corn and carrots mix, no garlic (though it would be good) or green onion, added chicken for some extra protein, used at least two eggs because I like them.
    Even my semi anti veggie husband LOVES this one!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    I'm eating a WW recipe right now!  You can find the details in the app, but it's the lemon garlic cauliflower pasta.  I add shredded chicken breast, and it's filling and a reasonable point value for lunch.

My advice with WW-- make sure you get your protein.  You can eat all kinds of stuff, but it's not smart to eat very small breakfasts and lunches, just do you have the points to eat a big bowl of pasta for dinner!  Keep your meals balanced, with your day balanced, too. 

I also like to sautee some spinach and fresh cherry tomatoes, and stir them into my scrambled eggs in the morning.  Take advantage of the free veggies and fruits!

I've been on it a little over a month.  I'm losing weight steadily and slowly, a pound a week, after the initial water weight loss (6 pounds total so far).  I don't feel hungry, but I do feel energized-- especially since I really bumped up my exercise so I could have the extra points, since I love food!

I'm skeptical of the weight loss industry, but I think WW is a solid plan for slow, sane weight loss, with balanced nutrition.

My goal is to lose about 15 pounds total by my next IVF.  My first was cancelled for poor response, which may or may not have had anything to do with the excess weight I carry.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like the new program.  I've lost about 10lbs in 4 weeks - would probably have been more if not for a few slipups on my part.  :)

www.emilybites.com is another really good website for recipes.  She gives the SP value for everything.  @2KLake42 is right about the protein and keeping your meals balanced too.  I really plan my whole day out so that I stay on track.
  • Options
    I'm about to get back on it :) A few years ago I lost about 25 lbs. over about 5 months when I did it pretty strictly. It's not too bad, I kind of liked the points tracking and how you can directly see how making one choice (a cookie at lunch) impacts another (no glass of wine with dinner). Good luck! 
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN