1st Trimester

what shots to expect when pregnant?

Im curious as to what vaccines everyone has received or plans to receive. 
Married to My Best Friend
Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: what shots to expect when pregnant?

• I got the RhoGam shot (not really a vaccine), flu shot and Tdap. 
  • I am 0 Negative so i know at some point ill need that shot. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I found out I was pregnant in early October so I immediately went out and got a flu shot since it was the beginning of flu season anyways and you're more likely to get the flu and suffer from complications if you're pregnant.  I'll also get TDaP sometime in the 3rd trimester.  Otherwise, I don't think much has gone in, lots of blood has come out for tests though.  
  • Flu shot if you're pregnant during flu season, TDaP during 3rd trimester.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got the flu shot and I also got the Tdap.  I needed the Tdap early (1st tri instead of 3rd) because I was exposed to whooping cough at my job.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • i didn't get the flu shot, but i did get the tDaP shot recently. other than that there aren't really any vaccines that they give you. 
  • is the TDap a big shot? Butt shot? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • is the TDap a big shot? Butt shot? 

No. It goes in your arm, but does tend to leave your arm pretty sore for a day or two.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• Flu and TDAP. Both are in the arm. Not a big deal at all.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I was current on tDap, and declined the flu shot. I had talked to my doc prior to getting pregnant and while he highly recommended the flu shot, I had never gotten it before, and elected to continue with that. Just a personal preference.
  • In addition to us being the ones getting shots, it's highly recommended that husbands/partners, grandparents, aunts/uncles, basically anyone who will have regular contact with the baby, gets a TDAP as well. Whooping cough is a serious illness that can be spread by anyone.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• br0co1ii said:
    I was current on tDap, and declined the flu shot. I had talked to my doc prior to getting pregnant and while he highly recommended the flu shot, I had never gotten it before, and elected to continue with that. Just a personal preference.
    I was current with my TDAP as well, but they still recommend that you get it in the third tri to pass on the benefits to baby.

OP - I got the TDAP and would have gotten the flu shot if I could.  I am one who depends on herd immunity for that one.
  • Yes i have also heard getting the TDap while pregnant will pass the benefits of the vaccine onto baby :)

Pregnancy Ticker