Pregnant after IF

January/February IVF success group :)

Hi ladies! I don't think I could have gone through this IVF adventure without your support. I feel as though we have been through so much together so I have started this thread so we can stay connected over our pregnancies. 

Re: January/February IVF success group :)

• So the first thing I want to share is my experience with 6 1/2 week ultrasound. It went well baby's heartbeat was strong and baby measured 6w4d exactly where it should have. What no one mentioned is after the ultrasound I had spotting. The next morning I totally saw blood in the AM after using the bathroom and I had a small heart attack. I looked it up and called my doctor. Everything on line said it was normal but I still needed to hear it directly from my doctor. I'm passing this info on because I really wished someone had warned me. 
    Who has had their first ultrasound? Any scheduled for this week? So excited to be off of the TTC board!
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited February 2016
    Hi there! Thank you starting this thread so we can all stay connected! It's so nice to be able to support each other through these milestones and share our experiences. So happy to hear everything went well at your first u/s. How scary was that to see blood afterwards, thankfully all is well with your little bean. 
    Afm- I had my 3rd beta and first ultrasound last week. My RE does them early to rule out ectopic pregnancy. All went well and we were able to see gestational and yolk sac. I have another ultrasound this Thursday. 

Edited for typos
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad we are here! My third beta will be Friday and my first u/s will be next week. 

Who all have you told? We are telling our moms this weekend!! 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for starting this new thread @Selena2016. I have my first u/s tomorrow afternoon and I'm freaked out. I'm trying  hard not to stress out but I'm really really nervous that I'm going to get bad news. To top it off I've had some different feeling pains today (still no spotting) which aren't helping. I know I need to think positively but my brain is not cooperating.  :s
  • Thank you @selena2016!!! I too am on the October boards and can't connect with anyone or any of the conversations going on after dealing with infertility. This will be an awesome place for us!!!

i am in limbo this week and just waiting for my first ultrasound next Thursday on 3/3! I will technically be 7 weeks and 1 day.....the wait is killing me with nothing going on and no check ups!!! I hope everything is going okay with my lil' babe!!!!
  • @jerseygirl81 how far along are you? Do you think you will be able to hear the heartbeat?

@twomommiestobe I told my mom and best friend the day of my first Beta and my closest friends last weekend when I was 7 weeks. I couldn't "pretend drink" anymore. Lol. How are you going to tell your moms? 

@Morningstar80 stay positive (I know it's hard). You will feel much better once you you see your little bean. 

@laur2444 3/3 is a long time to wait but it will be sooooo worth it! 
  • @twomommiestobe the only family we told so far were both sets of parents since they knew what was going on (my mom actually went with me for the transfer since my hubby had to work!). They all knew when we were getting the results so we couldn't not share right away! We are thinking of maybe telling our siblings and grandparents at Easter if everything goes ok, but I am still hesitant because that will only be 10 weeks. We''ll see how it goes!!!
  • So happy to see you ladies here! I was lurking on your discussion on the IF board and cheering you all on! The success of your group is unreal and so exciting! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @selena2016 I am 5 weeks but my beta was 9000+ on Friday so we will see. My RE doesn't tell us what we can expect to see week to week. 
  • @selena2016 thank you for starting this and for the heads up about the ultrasound!
    My first ultrasound will be next Thursday, I don't get a third beta and I really wish I did. I got some home pregnancy tests just to POAS and see some positives myself!
    We have told both of our parents. They knew we were going through the process and when everything was happening so it was hard not to tell them. We will probably tell more close family after our ultrasounds. 
    I still can't believe this is happening. I'm thankful for this group too! After getting the positive news I was looking up articles on early pregnancy and just couldn't relate with so much of what they were talking about.  So it is nice to connect with people who get it!

@twomommiestobe I love how you are telling your moms! That's such a sweet idea! I was so nervous I just kind of blurted it out! Will have to think of something better for the future!
  • HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited February 2016
    Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to you all!! So exciting to see so many successes this cycle! GL mamas, wishing you a H&H 9 mths!!
  • Hey Ladies! Thanks for starting this, @Selena2016. It was great to be with the other ladies (and I'll still check in there) but it was also starting to feel awkward bc of the bfp. 

We've told a few close friends who have been supporting us through our IF journey, the neighbor who watched our daughter while we went to IVF bc how do you not and our son's surrogate/our best friend. We weren't telling my parents until we get a heartbeat and we were going to do the same for DW parents but she had a business trip to Ireland scheduled in mid-April (11 weeks along) but bc she has a blood clotting disorder we don't feel comfortable with her going. We think the risk of losing the pregnancy we've been trying five years for isn't worth it. Meanwhile, her parents were suppose to go with her. She'll have to break their hearts about canceling their dream vacation this weekend when we are with them so they don't buy tickets. 

She's been INSANELY tired, still cramping and less nauseous than a few days ago. 

How many got bfps in that thread?
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thank you @HBamama2B !!!!! So exciting to see you pop in and say hi, considering I literally followed every story on the September/October thread! You girls were my inspiration and I never thought I would be lucky enough to get a BFP like all you girls did! I think our January/February group gave you a run for your money though.....I think almost all of us had success as well!!! So incredibly amazing!! 
  • HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited February 2016
    It is & I love that you guys are continuing on together. I think the support makes such a huge difference and you're support for eachother was very inspiring. The numbers you guys had were fantastic and I've got my fingers crossed for more. I'm a dirty lurker since I started doing IUIs and our Sep/Oct cycle with some of you ladies and love following your stories and cheering you on. Welcome to mommy hood and definitely stick together, one thing I think we discovered in Sep/Oct is that the need for support doesn't end at the BFP or BFN. 

ETA: I would say try not to feel awkward for the BFPs. Keep in touch and pull everyone across the line. It just becomes that much more special when your final few have the joy and if any bumps happen on your road, you'll be grateful to have them too. In Sep/Oct we didn't all get BFPs at the same cycle (and a couple are still traveling that way or have suffered losses).
  • I don't know everyone's beta numbers, so I don't want this article to mistakenly worry anyone but most of you (if not all) will probably find comfort in this research study DW just sent me. It states that higher HCG values have a higher chance of live birth. It also breaks down chances of ectopic and multiples using the HCG numbers. Based on this our 649 first beta gives us a high likelihood of twins.  :# 

https://www.jaypeejournals.com/eJournals/ShowText.aspx?ID=389&Type=FREE&TYP=TOP&IN=_eJournals/images/JPLOGO.gif&IID=41&isPDF=YES
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

• Hi Ladies!! Thanks for creating this @Selena2016. I am so happy to see so many BFPs from our group. I have my third Beta on March 2nd and first US on March 7th!! We are so excited! They said since it is slightly before 6.5 weeks we may not be able to see much, but we may. We shall see... :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• Congrats everyone on making it here! I too have continued lurking (and answering/commenting at times) on the IF board, and it's so nice to see all the BFPs and all the support there! 
    @twomommiestobe : I had a copy of that as a picture on my phone and went back to it just about every day until 9 weeks as it really helped reassure me. 
    I wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months! 
  • @twomommiestobe My apologies for posting an article that up-set you. I debated about posting it. I appreciate you posting  counter information. Those stats you posted are good to read for everyone. My apologies again. 

• @Cmartin6706 My first Beta was 1075 at 14dpo and 3105 at 16dpo. But, I somehow am only having one baby. Based on my numbers, my RE told me we had 65% chance of twins, 10% chance of triplets or quads, and 25% chance of singleton (we had 3 mature follies at trigger with a 4th that would most likely mature). Not sure if we lost one or more very early or if my numbers were just extremely high. Ultrasounds at 4w5d, 5w5d, and 6w5d only showed one gestational sac/fetal pole (5w5d and forward) each time. It's crazy, though! We definitely were convinced it was at least twins and kept waiting for the tech to find the other sac the first few ultrasounds. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @twomommiestobe  I like seeing those probabilities! My betas were on the lower side, the nurse scared me with the first beta so I've been pretty anxious about this really being real. 

@Cmartin6706 I thought it was interesting in that article, and others I have seen too, that there's been a connection between ICSI and lower betas.  We used ICSI, so I wonder if that could have something to do with my numbers. 
  • @Morningstar80 such fabulous news!!!!!!!  I wish my ultrasound was this week so I could feel more at ease as well!!! (I have mine next Thursday- 7 weeks 1 day) I'm nervous that they will just release me as well, considering we want to switch from my old OB to a different one since we weren't pleased with the preliminary steps leading up to our treatment with the RE. I still am not 100% sure who I want to switch to!! So much to think about!! Anyways, congrats on graduating what a great day!!!
  • @Morningstar80 that's amazing and congrats on graduating!

• @twomommiestobe thank you for posting those stats. I look at them in the October moms board every day!

@morningstar80 yay! So glad to hear it! I knew you would feel better after you had your ultrasound. :) it's so reassuring to hear the heartbeat. 
  • @Morningstar80 What exciting news! When do you think your OB will scan you next?

Our second beta came in at 1777 this afternoon which we are pleased with. Our first ultrasound is next Wednesday. We'll be 5w3d so we don't expect to see much. We are looking forward to learning the number count. We'll be getting an ultrasound every week for the first 10 weeks per RE policy. 

• @twomommiestobe Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it. 
    @morningstar80 Wow, that is so exciting and special. I look forward to that moment. :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• Thanks everyone! It feels great to share the news as the only people we have told are my mom and my friend who had both children via IVF and who recommended the RE to us. Otherwise we are holding out on telling anyone else until we get past 12 wks. 

@Cmartin6706 not sure when next scan will be as I´m in the same boat as @laur2444 might need to find a new OB!
  • Awwwww @mskeenan I have everything crossed hoping that you are here too!!! I always look forward to your posts!! Start thinking positive because it CAN and WILL happen!! I was the biggest nonbeliever of them all, so i know this is easier said than done (heck I'm still in denial!!) fx for you!!!
  • @Selena2016 Thanks for creating this post!

We just received the results of the second beta of 604 mIU/ml. Two days back, it was 247. This results in a doubling time of 37.21 hours. Per BetaBase, for 17dpo, we seem to be in a good range. We're taking this cautiously, because the ultrasound is important, but our RE has said that no more beta blood tests are required as he is satisfied this is looking to be normal (based of his experience). 

As much as I want to celebrate, I am still treating this as clearing the first hurdle, U/S for heartbeat being the second and completing the first trimester as the final (any chromosmal abnormality should result in a m/c by 12 weeks). After that, we will be under the same risks are normal pregnancies.

So another two more nailbiting weeks. I ill probably go insane before the first trimester.

BTW, should I insist on the RE to continue checking for beta values next week also?

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    2/25 BETA#2 12dp5dt - 604. Per betabase.info, the doubling time is 37.21 hours.
    3/9   U/S#1 (6w2d) - Yolk sac and heartbeat!!! Woo hoo!!!
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Hooray @Jerseygirl856

Great numbers @DivineDevil! You're absolutely right though, one step at a time. 

We're all keeping our FX for your transfer next week @mskeenan

• @mskeenan You're not alone. I'm a lurker myself lol. I probably won't comment much at all til I'm fortunate enough to be here. I understand how some women may not want to see others talk about their IVF success in the other forum, but this one gives me hope. Not to mention while I wait it out with my own cycle, hearing all these positive stories gives us something to look forward to while we may be at a standstill.

Can't stress how happy I'am for you all to be here! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @DivineDevil when is your u/s scheduled?

Match 9. That would make it 6w 2d on the gestation age.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• @mskeenan You're not alone. I'm a lurker myself lol. I probably won't comment much at all til I'm fortunate enough to be here. I understand how some women may not want to see others talk about their IVF success in the other forum, but this one gives me hope. 
    I know the feeling capps. This was our third cycle and I can understand what you're going through. Normal people miss their period, pee on a stick and let other people happily know. For us, it is a roller coaster.

Everything else in our lives takes a back stage, that's what I hate about the whole process. Right now, I have a fantastic job but all I have been doing is thinking about the 2ww and now the ultrasound over the last few days.

I have promised myself whatever the result I will be strong, but I would be lying if I say I am not nervous and expectant every single day.

• @Morningstar80 @laur2444 thanks ladies! 
    @DivineDevil awesome numbers! Congrats.