February 2016 Moms
Options

Full Moon

I know just about everybody has probably already given birth but I am desperate for this full moon theory to be true! I'm due tomorrow and have been cramping and contracting for weeks. I've tried every at-home method to speed up the process with no avail. I've been measuring a week ahead consistently this whole pregnancy and selfishly, I do not want a March baby because I have always viewed this little one as my February baby (it goes well with the name we picked as well :)). Who else is hoping tonight's the night?!

Re: Full Moon

• Options
    I'm with you! I'm 39+3 and sooooooo ready to go. 
  • Options
    Yep me too! I keep telling myself it's just a silly old wives tale but I keep secretly hoping it comes true. We can dream!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure it's just a wives tale, but I agree that it would be a good day! 
  • Options
    Agreed.. I'm 39+1 and really want her to be born in feb .. My birthday is her due date (2/28) we shall see ! 
  • Options
    Yup! I didn't know it was a full moon, but I'm just generally hopeful. I'm 40+3 today and had my membranes swept this morning and the dr. said my cervix is super soft and I'm having contractions (I don't feel them yet though). I'm only about 2cm dilated, but she seemed to think today or tomorrow was a strong possibility. 2/22 would be a cool birth date to have.
  • Options
    I hope it's true. I'm 40+6 and ready for things to get going. Get out, little man!
  • Options
    I had my DS on the full moon and this LO during the last full moon. Good luck!!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just saw a birthing statistics website that shows there is absolutely no correlation between births and Moon phases. =\
  • Options
    I just saw a birthing statistics website that shows there is absolutely no correlation between births and Moon phases. =\
    Nooooo! Tell me it's not true!  :'(
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh boo, why ruin the fun! I'm 40 today and aiming for a membrane sweep and a little labor action. I'm not hopeful, though.. Nothing ever seems to work out as planned. 

• Options
    I'm 41+3 and being induced tomorrow so I selfishly really hope the moon thing is NOT true so that it's not too crowded in labor and delivery for me to come in! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    40+2 and also hoping this will be the lucky day/ night! Two days past due date isnt much but it sure feels like an eternity!! 

• Options
    @hbg8711 Thank you!!! :)
  • Options
    Also due tomorrow!!! I've been having back pain cramps & contractions all night and willing it to be true!! The last few have been pretty painful and coming on regularly every 10 minutes or so.... ;) Good luck to us all!
  • Options
    MrsCurlyFriesMrsCurlyFries member
    edited February 2016
    Fail for me too. Midwife couldn't even sweep my membranes today. @middy411 guess we're the newest members of the 40+ weekers club.

edited due to autocorrect fail
  • Options
    No luck over here, either. Maybe we needed to stand outside and commune with it or something.

• Options
    No joy here either.
  • Options
    I've gotta call my doc to ask about a membrane sweep at my 40 week appt on Friday. I'm also strongly thinking of calling my acupuncturist, but I'm trying to hold off on that until I really am over 40 weeks.
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited February 2016
    @MichelleAG05 if you want to save yourself (and them) some time, you probably don't have to call about a membrane sweep. At least with my MW, we just talked about it at the appt and when she went to check my cervix and found that I was dilated enough, she did it. Quick and easy, no prep or anything needed. 

@MrsCurlyFries I think because we missed the naked moon dance, we'll probably be pregnant until the next one. Figures.