1st Trimester

Thirsty?

I've always had a goal to drink more water even before pregnancy. I would drink about 2 bottles of water and be done for the day! So, I'm not sure is this is normal or not now. I've drank about 6-16oz bottles today alone! Is anyone else drinking more? I'm trying to drink even more than this though to keep healthy!
DS born 2016

Re: Thirsty?

• completely normal. it's important to drink as much water as possible throughout pregnancy. drink as much as you can!
  • I think it's normal! I don't drink quite that much, but i've definitely been drinking a lot more!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!!
    DS born 2016
  • The healthy amount of water for a non pregnant person is half your body weight in oz SO is you weigh 120, you're supposed to drink 60oz every day. When you're pregnant you're supposed to drink at least that plus some. So drink up! Your crazy thirst is probably your body saying it needs more. 
  • I'm thirsty ALL THE TIME! Have been drinking more water, but all I want to drink is soda. I'm not drinking much of it, but it's all I want. 
  • I carry water everywhere now lol
    DS born 2016
  • oh this is a relief!  I'm thirsty every minute and when I have a sip it's like I'm in the middle of the desert dying for more.  thank God this is normal.
  • I am more thirsty this pregnancy then I have ever been I wake up in the middle of the night thinking I'm choking ... I'm drinking a ton...
  • I'm thirsty ALL THE TIME!! I seriously feel like no matter how much I drink, I'm constantly parched. Waking up in the middle of the night/morning is the worst -- my mouth feels like the Sahara Desert.