Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How much is your 8 week old eating?

I was just wondering how much you r 8 week old is eating per day and/or feeding? 

Re: How much is your 8 week old eating?

• Well he just turned 2 months today and eats 4 oz of formula every 3 hrs. But he's a big boy.
  • Usually about 4 oz a every feeding which is about every 3 to 4 hours. But sometimes he's still hungry so I give him another 2 oz and then he's satisfied. :)

• Loading the player...
  • LO is 11 weeks and gets breastfed and pumped bottles. While i'm at work (9 hrs), she takes 10-15 oz of pumped milk total, spaced about every 3 hrs.  On the weekends, she BFs about every 2-3 hours.
  • My 7week old is eating 5-6oz every 3hrs or so, we just started giving 6oz because she seemed hungry still. For those who use formula, are you still using newborn? If so when do you plan to transition to infant? 
  • 7weeks here.... 4 oz every 3 hours :) I've got a big boy too but I was told times their weight by 2 and then add 1/2 their weight for oz they should be eating... So my guy is 11 lbs   11x2 is 22 plus 5.5  so he should get 27.5 oz a day.... Which is about right because my lo doesn't take full 4 oz every feeding... Hope this helps!
  • 8 weeks here. 4 oz every 3 - 4 hours. If she has slept for a long time she may be more hungry than usual so I give her 1-2 oz more. 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• @JFly27 I believe it is at 3 months but of course you can transition anytime. 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013