January 2016 Moms

Working from home

Hi ladies. I head back to work next week and will be working from home 2 days a week. Does anyone have any tips for managing a baby plus work while at home?

Re: Working from home

• I have been working from home the whole time I've been on leave. It was fairly easy to get work done at first because my daughter would sleep all day! Then be up all night! Now that we have changed her schedule and she is 4 weeks old it is much harder! She is up most of the day, I try to get ahead when I can and as soon as she goes to sleep make any phone calls you need to make! 
  • Can yo possibly hire a sitter for the first few days to come in to help you figure it out?. Hopefully all/most of your calls are outbound so you can make them happen when LO is asleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a lawyer and I telecommute - it worked perfectly before baby.  I went back to work at week 4 pp.  I have a nanny who is here most of the time but sometimes things come in after the nanny leaves but before my husband has come home from work and I've really struggled.  I'm so thankful my baby is a good sleeper at night and sleeps in her bassinet on her own BUT during the day she only sleeps if she is being held (is that normal?).  Anyway, I'm struggling with this...
  • I am a lawyer and I telecommute - it worked perfectly before baby.  I went back to work at week 4 pp.  I have a nanny who is here most of the time but sometimes things come in after the nanny leaves but before my husband has come home from work and I've really struggled.  I'm so thankful my baby is a good sleeper at night and sleeps in her bassinet on her own BUT during the day she only sleeps if she is being held (is that normal?).  Anyway, I'm struggling with this...
    I don't know if it's normal, but my baby only sleeps if she is being held, both day and night. So out bassinet is not being used :(

I'm curious if anyone has or will change from on demand feeding to feeding on a schedule once headed back to work, whether it's working from home or not. And if that helps at all?

•  @fishee333 I'm still doing on demand, at 7 weeks baby is pretty efficient although a cluster feeder so eats frequently.  I like the small random breaks (usually only feeds for 6 - 10 minutes at a time).  If I have a conference call, I make sure to feed her shortly before I get on to avoid any issues.  3 weeks back to work and not a single problem - fingers crossed it stays this way, because she has had awesome weight gain doing the on demand thing. 
  • I tried a practice run today answering emails and I found that if I focus on a good feed I can put her in her podster and she will either hang out or sleep. She hates sleeping in her bassinet and the podster is the only way I can put her down so crossing my fingers this keeps working.
  • I'm currently working from home with DD and DS who is 4 and...it's insane. I think it would be manageable if it was only one of them, but you are still going to have times you want to pull your hair out.