November 2015 Moms

How tall is tall

poupoulepoupoule member
edited February 2016 in November 2015 Moms
Hello mommies, 
I am being told my baby is super tall and big, overall that she looks much older than she is (12 weeks) I dont have other babies to compare her to side to side. And the show me a baby post is mostly portraits or all over the place baby ages.

How are your babies now ? Post photos or tell me what you think :) I am just too curious. See in situation my little Ariane at exactly 12 weeks.

Re: How tall is tall

• How many inches is she and what size is she in?
  • I dont know how long she is it has been 4 weeks since her last appointment. She is in 6/9mo
  • Loading the player...
  • Use a tape measure to get a rough size estimate and look up her height percentile. It's hard to tell how long she is from this pic. People always comment on how long my DD is but she's right in the 50th percentile for length. 
  • You can get an approximate weight by standing on your regular bathroom scale while holding baby, than put down baby and weight yourself again. Subtract the two numbers to get your baby's weight.
    I have an app called Baby Care that let's me track where LO is on the height and weight charts.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Alright I will do that, how is everyone's baby now ?
  • This is Hudson today at 14.5 weeks. At his two month appt, he was 13 lb 3 oz and 24 inches. Both numbers are around 80-85th percentile. He was around the same percentiles at birth, so the doc said he is growing pretty perfectly on his own curve. I have weighed him in the past week or so using the same scale technique PP used, and he was right around 16 lbs. I haven't tried to measure him w a tape measure, but that's a great idea! And as PP said, I use an app (for me, it's Sprout) to enter his specs after each appt (or sometimes when I weigh him on my own) to see his percentiles. My doc usually tells me, but the nurse inverted some numbers last time and I knew they must be wrong, so I always like to double check :-).
  • My little guy is super tall. He was 22 inches at birth and at his 2 mo appt was 25 inches and in the 99th percentile for height.  He's also wearing 6-9 month clothes though he's a bit skinny (was 13 lbs 5 oz and 62% for weight). I have no idea where the height comes from my husband and I are average and if anything our parents are a little short. 
  • LO is in the 75th percentile for height... 24 inches. She's 13 weeks. 
  • Mine is almost twelve weeks and still in newborn clothes. He's 7th percentile for weight, not sure about height.

All babies are different but you can measure yours (tape measure or use a yard stick) and check weight by holding her while you stand on the scale. Obviously not completely accurate, but it's something. And like PP said, there are charts online. 
  • My daughter has always been in the 5th or lower percentile for height and weight.  My step daughter has always been in the 80th+ percentile for height and weight.  Bridget is around the 50th percentile for height and weight as of her 2mo appointment.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Addy was in the high 60 percentile for height (22.25in) and high 30s for weight (10 lbs 4oz) at her 2 month appt, but she was also quite the shrimp at birth (6 lbs 2 oz, 19.25in).  At 14 weeks she's still in 0-3 month clothes bit they're getting tight, and her footie pajamas are almost too short.  Believe it or not, her 2 month measurements are almost how big her older cousin was at birth!
  • RaisingJulianRaisingJulian member
    edited February 2016

At 14 weeks Andrew is in 3-6 month clothes but idk how tall he is exactly. At his last appointment he was nearly 11 lbs. I work at a gym daycare & there's a baby who's exactly 1 day older then my son & she's in 0-3 months so I think he's about average. In my opinion I think ur daughters really tall lol

edited to add picture
  • poupoulepoupoule member
    edited February 2016
    thanks for all the replies and photos :) looks like I am not the only one with a baby that won't fit in her pram and rock n play much longer ! At her 2 months appointment she was 24in and 14.15 lb, on saturday she will be 3 mo so I will try doing it at home like pp said. At birth she was only 6 lb11oz !
    keep posting photos I love them :)
  • mrsgabusmrsgabus member
    edited February 2016
    Anna will be 13 weeks on Saturday. shes 13 pounds and 25 inches .

She was born 7.5 and 20.75 inches 

• My baby was also 6 pounds 11 oz and 19.5 at birth and at his 2 month he was 24 inches 12 pounds 12 oz. he's 3 months now and I can't wait to go to the dr for his 4 month just to see his height and weight!  
  • Cecily is 85th percentile for height, she was 24 inches and 11 lbs (50th percentile) at two months.  She also has a long torso, so I feel like she's going to grow out of her infant car seat in a few months.  She's 3 months this week and is growing out of her 0-3 footie outfits.  3m pants are still too long!
  • @dramaphile I love that picture of your daughter. That face! So cute! 
  • edited February 2016
    OP my son is in the same boat. At 15 weeks he is over 16lbs and wears 6-9 months clothes and size 3 diapers. I am not sure of length, but he was 25 inches at 2 months and I'm guessing he's about 26 inches now.

edit: He's going to be tall, his Daddy is the runt of his family at 6' 2". His Dads 6'6", half brother 6'8" and grandfather 6'7". 
  • @cdepperschmidt great pic :) he definitely looks like a little boy not a baby :) thanks for sharing
  • My baby is 2 months and 2 weeks old.  He's 14 lbs and 27 inches long.  At birth he was 9.3 lbs and 21 inches.  
  • Went in to doctor yesterday for vaccines, at 3 months and a few days: 15# and 25.25". Wearing 6 months clothes for about 3 weeks now.
  • Emma is tall and thin... 80th percentile for height and 25th for weight. Wearing 3-6 month clothes for length but they fall off her bum. 
  • poupoulepoupoule member
    edited February 2016
    My baby is 2 months and 2 weeks old.  He's 14 lbs and 27 inches long.  At birth he was 9.3 lbs and 21 inches.  
    Such a big boy ! He is extremely tall indeed, he will be part of the preschool basketballl team ahah

@kwaldy sweet photo !

• I can't wait for my sons appointment Tuesday now!  Can't wait to see where he is at.  Out of all 4 of my kids he's the only one that doesn't gave rolls by now :(. He is 16wks now and I just switched him to 3-6m and he is still in size 1 diapers.  He's long and skinny! 
  • Alright we weighed her but my scale gave three different results, so she is about 17pounds. Minus/plus 2ounces. And the length is 26in.
    Let's just say she is above 95 percentile.
  • Ahh cute babies! My son is 14weeks and weighs around 16lbs and we measured him while shopping for a couch this weekend. He is 26 inches. People always ask me if he is 5 months or how big his dad is. He's just a big baby who loves to eat! At the 2 month appointment he was in the 85-90th percentile for height and weight and 100th for head size. All the babies on my husbands side of the family are born with big heads.