April 2016 Moms

No babies yet?!

Re: No babies yet?!

•  @Knottie2891384  I was carrying pretty high, my stomach was right under my boobs and DD would kick me in the ribs all the time. Now her movements have moved down a bit. My bump is now noticeably lower than before, I have a lot of pressure in my pelvis which is pretty uncomfortable. My breathing is also a little better being she's not sitting so high and my DH has also commented that DD is lower than she has been (does this make sense? lol)  Another sign of dropping which is also quite annoying and painful is I know have hemorrhoids :( 
    Hmm I haven't had the issue of hemorrhoid (fingers crossed) and I don't really feel him under my ribs very often. I feel him a lot next to my hips/pelvic area. I'll have to ask my doc but I would think its to early at 31 wks? Thanks!!
  • Good to know! Thanks for the info! As a FTM i'm still learning :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • DougalMcGDougalMcG member
    edited February 2016
    With DD1 I delivered at 35 weeks. I'm at 33 weeks now. Should probably start thinking about a hospital bag soon
  • I just want to add this what I got from just googling baby dropping:

8 Signs That Labor is Near

1. Dropping. Some time during the final few weeks one of the signs that labor is near you may notice is that your baby has moved down lower in your abdomen. ...
    2. Frequent Urination. ...
    3. Low Backache. ...
    4. Stronger Braxton-Hicks Contractions. ...
    5. Diarrhea. ...
    6. Increased Vaginal Discharge. ...
    7. Bloody Show. ...
    8. Bag of Waters Breaking

Yay, #3, #5, #6 are prevalent in me already :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My due date is April 1st, but I hope he comes a few days early, or at least on time! My husband thinks he'll come on St Patrick's day. I want him to come before Easter then we can get his picture with theEaster bunny, that would be too adorable! But really I just want him to come when he is ready! 

I had a dream today that I went into labor, and the hospital put a small camera inside and I could look on a screen to see how dialated I was. I could also see the baby, it was such a weird dream!
  • rebelone said:

I just want to add this what I got from just googling baby dropping:

1. Dropping. Some time during the final few weeks one of the signs that labor is near you may notice is that your baby has moved down lower in your abdomen. ...
    3. Low Backache. ...
    5. Diarrhea. ...
    7. Bloody Show. ...

#1, #2, #3, #5, #6.... I think I'm winning this game! Lol
  • rebelone said:

3. Low Backache. ...
    5. Diarrhea. ...
    7. Bloody Show. ...

2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I would say 1, but LO changes between being dropped and snuggled against my lungs on a daily basis. This morning there was a gigantic snot-like glob, but it wasn't tinted pink or red, so I haven't been worrying about it. 

I've also started getting more frequent BH in my back. Yay.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• rebelone said:

3. Low Backache. ...
    5. Diarrhea. ...
    7. Bloody Show. ...

Lol we're tied except I have 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6. I have a feeling that things like this are just going to make the last few weeks seem even longer...oh joy.
  • cmjenkies said:
    fbanke42 said:
    I hope you know that I've silently been making bets on who I think will give birth first, regardless of EDD.  :#
    Considering I'm towards the end of April, I'm guessing it won't be me! Haha. I have been thinking about how lonely I'm going to be here once all of you start having your babies and dropping off from regular posting to snuggles. Fair trade, but still.. :P Who else is an end of the month-er, anyways?
    Meeeeeeee!
  • cmjenkies said:
    fbanke42 said:
    I hope you know that I've silently been making bets on who I think will give birth first, regardless of EDD.  :#
    Considering I'm towards the end of April, I'm guessing it won't be me! Haha. I have been thinking about how lonely I'm going to be here once all of you start having your babies and dropping off from regular posting to snuggles. Fair trade, but still.. :P Who else is an end of the month-er, anyways?
    I've been a little MIA lately but I'm due at the end of April too so you won't be alone!!!!

• When I had the first ultrasound they gave me the EDD 4/12, I used an ovulation kit to conceive and my period is very regular. DD has measured large at each ultrasound minus the first one, so I guess it's just a waiting game but my gut from the beginning has felt i'll go a little earlier than the dr said.  
    My EDD is 4/13 just out of curiosity do you know when you did the deed to conceive.
    DH and I were either about to go on vacation or on vacation when it happened. 
    I'm pretty sure it was the day I was most tipsy on July 24th but not sure lol

• Im due the end of April too and I feel like its taking forever to get here 
  • edited February 2016
    @jonesl12  we conceived somewhere between 7/13-7/17 
  • St0v3sSt0v3s member
    edited February 2016
    I'm curious about how close to my due date I'm going to deliver especially since I was temping, charting, used an OPK and know the day I ovulated. According to FF my due date based off my ovulation date should be 3/28 but according to my LP my due date is 4/2

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Is anyone else just planning to go to about 42 weeks? Obviously I don't want to but I figure (with an EDD of 4/12) that I will deliver in the month of April; as long as she's healthy and thriving I don't plan on giving her an eviction date because c sections scare me and the hospital I'm going to had a high correlation of induction and cesarean.  If something goes wrong or she comes early I'll be prepared but I'm mentally readying myself to be pregnant until May. 
  • Is anyone else just planning to go to about 42 weeks? Obviously I don't want to but I figure (with an EDD of 4/12) that I will deliver in the month of April; as long as she's healthy and thriving I don't plan on giving her an eviction date because c sections scare me and the hospital I'm going to had a high correlation of induction and cesarean.  If something goes wrong or she comes early I'll be prepared but I'm mentally readying myself to be pregnant until May. 

What do you mean by planning? I have been thinking mine might come late, which is fine with me unless the doctors say there's a reason to worry about it. I'm kinda hoping he comes on my exact due date though so I can show off my punctuality.
    I just mean mentally preparing myself, because otherwise the due date will roll around and I'll start driving myself nuts every day that I stay pregnant. I know it's totally normal for FTMs to go late so I'm not getting my hopes up that she'll actually be here when they say she's supposed to be. 
    I doubt I'll go more than 40 weeks, if anything. My hospital has the lowest c-section rate in the area, so I'm not worried about that. If anything, I think LO will show up before 4/9 just to spite me, since then there'd be less than 21 months between my kids. With my pre-e history, I doubt my doctor will let me go past 40 weeks.

If I base LO off of DS, I'm guessing I'll give birth 4/9 to 4/11.

Anniversary

• I'm going to have a RCS the last week of April. Reading this thread makes me realize how close it is! With DD#1, I was induced then never progressed which ended up in a c section. I assumed this baby would follow suit. But I'm having major BH, pressure down low, back pain, etc that I never experienced with my first. I guess LO coming early is always a possibility. Eek!
    I'm definitely planning to go until 42 weeks. I usually tell me I have 5-7 weeks to go (almost 35 weeks now) so I'm mentally prepared. It even says "guess date" instead of due date in my planner. 

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

What do you mean by planning? I have been thinking mine might come late, which is fine with me unless the doctors say there's a reason to worry about it. I'm kinda hoping he comes on my exact due date though so I can show off my punctuality.
    I just mean mentally preparing myself, because otherwise the due date will roll around and I'll start driving myself nuts every day that I stay pregnant. I know it's totally normal for FTMs to go late so I'm not getting my hopes up that she'll actually be here when they say she's supposed to be. 
    I'm not sure what your due date is, but if I am late I have been thinking that on the bright side I will be able to go see The Jungle Book at the theater (April 15).
  • @AmadorRose  I'm mentally preparing for 39 weeks since I know I won't go past that.  But I'll be ready before 37 weeks.  With #4, I figured 39 weeks and went on my own at 37 weeks. I wasn't ready! I didn't have a bag packed and had to throw everything together last minute.  I forgot all the important stuff. Nothing at home was ready for a baby, and it was such a mess.  So, baby ready early, mentally late.  
  • @AmadorRose I'm preparing for another early baby. I had to be induced with DD for health issues, and although my health problems didn't start as early this time, I am now starting to have similar symptoms(high BP, swelling, headaches, flashing/fireworks vision) my guess (and I could totally be wrong) is that they'll induce me again by week 39 if I dont go on my own before then. Which kinda sucks because I would LOVE to experience spontaneous labor just once and this is my last chance too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cmjenkies said:
    fbanke42 said:
    Meeeeeeee!
  • My due date is 4/24 and I'm secretly hoping baby comes in April and not May. I'm mentally preparing for early baby since my husband, sister, and I were all 2 weeks early. I'd love baby to be close to due date, but I guess we'll see what baby has planned
  • My due date is 3/30 but I think he will come early like his big brother did. With my son I was in the April 2014 board and he came a week and a day early on 3/29. This LO can come any day EXCEPT his brothers birthday :p. I just had an u/s at 34 weeks 5 days and he is measuring around 5 lb 15 oz already. So i'm hoping he will come the weekend of March 19th or 20th. But I can see myself having him on Easter or being in the hospital for Easter. Nothing like a great Easter dinner in the hospital right, who wouldnt want that? Overall though, he can come when ever he wants :) 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

I get the feeling that I'm either going to go 42 weeks, or she'll come almost 2 weeks early on March 31st, since that's my 4th wedding anniversary, and probably DH and my's last date night before baby. I was an ornery child, so I fully expect to be paid back with this one.
  • thaisac1 said:
    I guess my IVF had one advantage over natural conception afterall: the ability to know the exact date my boy was conceived. :D I saw him with only 4 cells on July 15, 2015.
    Yep! I'm glad that I don't have to play the guessing game either. I even have a picture of my beautiful day 2 embies. The bright side of having a belly that looked like a punching bag for a few weeks! 

How have you been measuring since you know exactly when you "ovulated"? (Omg, that collection needle!)
    I've been surprised to find that all my sonograms and even my fundal height measurements have been dead on the entire 35 weeks so far. 
  • @rebelone That's great news! Fingers crossed it stays away the entire time!

Anniversary

• thaisac1 said:
    I guess my IVF had one advantage over natural conception afterall: the ability to know the exact date my boy was conceived. :D I saw him with only 4 cells on July 15, 2015.
    Yep! I'm glad that I don't have to play the guessing game either. I even have a picture of my beautiful day 2 embies. The bright side of having a belly that looked like a punching bag for a few weeks! 

How have you been measuring since you know exactly when you "ovulated"? (Omg, that collection needle!)
    I've been surprised to find that all my sonograms and even my fundal height measurements have been dead on the entire 35 weeks so far. 
    I had a 2-day transfer too. I only had 2 mature eggs and only 1 fertilized, so I only had one embryo and they wanted to put him back right away.

I don't remember the collection needle - thank God for Midazolam and the retrograde amnesia it causes! :D Since I only had a couple of mature follicles my collection was super quick anyways. And I only have 1 ovary...

I believe I have been measuring kinda on track. My fundal measurements have been on track. At my 30 week ultrasound my baby was at the 44th percentile which is normal.
  • jonesl12 said:
    When I had the first ultrasound they gave me the EDD 4/12, I used an ovulation kit to conceive and my period is very regular. DD has measured large at each ultrasound minus the first one, so I guess it's just a waiting game but my gut from the beginning has felt i'll go a little earlier than the dr said.  
    My EDD is 4/13 just out of curiosity do you know when you did the deed to conceive.
    DH and I were either about to go on vacation or on vacation when it happened. 
    I'm pretty sure it was the day I was most tipsy on July 24th but not sure lol

@jonesl12 I am pretty certain that we conceived on July 22, and my EDD is April 15. That's based on my ovulation date through Fertility Friend.
  • My son  was born at 41 weeks, and I am expecting this one to be late, too. I had to give my work a last day, so it's my due date... so I just hope this one isn't quite so late, so that I don't have too many bored days of sitting around bored at my parents' house with nothing to do before baby comes!

Last time I went to the hospital to be induced at 40 + 6, got Cervidil that night, was supposed to get Pitocin the next morning, but water broke/went into labor at like 3 AM and he was born around noon the next day.

Hoping to avoid the whole induction thing this time, although I don't even know what's it like driving to the hospital in labor, etc., since I checked in so casually last time!!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @NMort My early mention of being "annoyed" in this thread got me a message asking for it to be tagged again because they couldn't find it...maybe they just needed the hormones to come out! lol

@thaisac1 @Cowboycorgi I didn't have IVF, but I have incredibly regular cycles, and this one was no different. I am positive baby was conceived July 14-15th. At EVERY appt and scan they tell me I'm spot on with my measurements, as is LO. There hasn't been a single moment of doubt on the EDD or how far along I am from anywhere. DD1 was kind of iffy, as she was conceived first cycle of BC and I hadn't really regulated, so I didn't test positive until a week after I thought I was due for my period. She only ended up a few days after her EDD, so maybe I am correct that this one will come on time, if not a little early?!  o:)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @blonde151188 keeping my fingers crossed everything goes well and little man doesn't spend too much time in NICU.  I know the not eating will suck but there's a baby and a burger waiting for you when it's all said and done!  Keep us in the loop once things settle down after he's born!
    That's so true! I guess I should start planning my post delivery meal now! I will definitely keep you guys updated and let you know when he's here and how he's doing.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers