TTC After a Loss

Testing question/advice (loss mentioned)

After a year of trying with one miscarriage in June, we have started exploring other options with my Obgyn. The first steps were to get my bloodwors and my husbands semen analysis. Now I have a apportionment with him tomorrow to get an ultrasound to check my tubes and then discuss all the results. 
In the meantime, we tried again during my last ovulation. My period is due on Thursday. The appointment is tomorrow. Should I take one of those early response teats tomorrow morning before going or just mention it when I get there?
Theres a chance I'm pregnant because we did try. 

Re: Testing question/advice (loss mentioned)

• I wouldn't worry about the ultrasound, but definitely tell them where you are at in your cycle, I'm sure they'd ask anyways. Are you sure they don't mean an HSG? That should be done at the beginning of your cycle, so definitely pre-ovulation to check for clear tubes, etc. 

Can't hurt to test though, so good luck!
  • Definitely tell them where you are in your cycle.  Just an ultrasound should not be a problem.  As @BornReady said, you should only have an HSG at the beginning of your cycle--this is an x-ray with contrast injected via a catheter that visualizes uterus and tubes.  Saline ultrasound is another possibility, but I think that is also something you should only have at the beginning of your cycle when you know you are not pregnant.  

Also, depending on how things go with your discussion and what your OB suggests, you might consider talking to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE).  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • I would test and let them know. I had the same ultrasound done and often they use a saline infused ultrasound where the use a catheter to put saline into your uterus to better see everything. I don't think this would be beneficial if you may be KU. The best time to do these ultrasounds is right after AF and my doctor specifically told me to use protection up until my ultrasound, to be sure that I wasn't KU. Please verify with your doctor.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878