September 2016 Moms

Pants - what is comfy for you??

I've been in maternity pants for a while already but I'm finding the full panel belly is just too tight. I don't remember this being an issue last time. I was going to look for some under belly pants but now worry those won't last long either. Thoughts? Stupid Zika I was gonna wear a lot of dresses this summer but that idea is out! Tia!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Pants - what is comfy for you??

• Switching over to maternity pants tomorrow. I hateeee how itchy the bands are. Leggings will most likely be continuing to dominate my wardrobe!
  • Loving the pair of under the belly maternity pants I bought last week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Loving the pair of under the belly maternity pants I bought last week. 
    What brand? Where did you buy them?
  • I got some Liz Lange maternity pants at target. They had a few really comfy styles, but the stock at my location was low, so I had really only one option. But I do really like them! I avoided under the belly last pregnancy, and now I don't know why!
  • I bought my first pair of maternity pants and I got the Jessica Simpsons. They were pretty comfy but none of those pants were very flattering for my butt. :/
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • @KarenBeth714 that's my problem. I can't find any maternity pants that hug me the way I like. I've been in yoga pants for the past couple weeks. 
  • Lol y'all make me giggle. I thought I was just having a flat butt issue! Glad I'm not the only one :open_mouth: 
  • Yoga pants all day.
  • Omgggg I have the WORST long and flat mom butt in these maternity pants! I found some really long camis at H&M that will be covering up my fanny :o
  • I wear full panel. The under belly pushes on my bladder and I find it really uncomfortable.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Screw the pants I just wear maxi skirts
  • It was laundry day so I only had tiny jeans. I was so pissed when they fit just fine. Got on the scale and I'm down 4 lbs from my last appointment on the 10th.  :'( I want comfy maternity pants to fit already 
  • I got out my maternity clothes the day after my BFP.  I was so excited!  But I have found the full panel pants are too baggy and won't stay up.  The under belly bands just look like I have a front muffin top ( thank you bloat!) but I already put up my other jeans bc the hair tie through the button loop was already uncomfortable. sigh...
  • Full panel maternity jeans from zulily. I'm plus size anyway. So under belly jeans just look... not so good lol but my "fat pants" are crazy uncomfortable. The panel has a hard time staying up because I didn't know I was going to lose so much when I bought them. But I just tuck the top of the panel under my bra to help hold it up. 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker

• I found the under belly jeans pull down my underwear and the full panel make my belly itch but they at least stay up for the most part.  I'm still able to wear my regular jeans with the help of a hair tie but I've been rather attached to my yoga pants as of late.  Question for @chavezrd2.. why wouldn't you be able to wear skirts due to Zika? Are you in an area where they may have the mosquito that could carry the virus?  If not, I'd say skirt on! 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I prefer the full panel though it does get hot/itchy, so I sometimes fold the panel down so it's sort of mid-belly. If I could I'd be in yoga pants all the time!
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Leggings, Lulu's and maxi skirts for the win. I'm jealous of everyone who has great options for buying maternity clothes. The Walmart where I live got rid of the maternity section, our Target closed down last year, and the only dedicated maternity store in the big mall an hour away closed down, leaving me with Old Navy. But they had all their maternity wear on sale yesterday so I got a bunch of leggings and maxi skirts, super comfy!
  • I've been in over-belly maternity pants for at least 3 weeks, maybe 4 (thanks bloating). I work in an office so I am going to have to find better longer work-appropriate tops before I can consider anything different than black all-the-way-ups, I think. They're certainly not very flattering.
  • CRich15 said:
    I found the under belly jeans pull down my underwear and the full panel make my belly itch but they at least stay up for the most part.  I'm still able to wear my regular jeans with the help of a hair tie but I've been rather attached to my yoga pants as of late.  Question for @chavezrd2.. why wouldn't you be able to wear skirts due to Zika? Are you in an area where they may have the mosquito that could carry the virus?  If not, I'd say skirt on! 
    I'm in Texas and some cases in Dallas already and I'm the paranoid type. Plus summers here have a ton of mosquitos and I'm naturally a magnet even when not prego. I saw some maxi dresses and was so sad :( I want some!!
  • 0SeaMonkey00SeaMonkey0 member
    edited February 2016
    I also hate over the belly maternity pants, and I found the under belly ones lasted my whole pregnancy just fine. My current favourites are from old navy and they are a pretty normal looking waist band with two triangle shaped elastic parts. I think they will be really great post partum too and they have belt loops so I can even wear them with a belt as I shrink!!
  • I'm only 9 weeks but this is my 3rd.  I'm also not itty-bitty to begin with so I'm kind of in between and I hate it.  Not pregnant enough for maternity clothes, but not fitting into any of my other "normal" stuff either.  I wore some under the belly jeans this weekend and they didn't look very good, mostly because it's just fluff and bloat, which is not cute.  I may be breaking out some full panel pants this week, we'll see...
  • Well, I prefer no pants. I'm still in my regular pants for now, though. They get tight in the evening with bloat, but fit fine otherwise. When I make the switch to maternity, I'm going full panel. That's what I wore with DD, and they were perfect for me. And I agree with @ElcaB on maternity leggings. So comfy. I only had one pair with DD, but I'm going to get a lot more this time. 

• I went with all full panel last time around, just washed my stash yesterday and have quite a few - some pants, some capris, some goucho style, so that should last the pregnancy - just need some dresses for the hottest days. I haven't tried them on yet because I think they'll be pretty big, especially where I wore them to full terms so probably a bit stretch still.  So far I can wear certain jeans still if they're low rise, sometimes with a hair tie sometimes not.  At home I switch to comfy PJ pants that sit below the blump or yoga pants and fold the panel up and over. Come on bump! I'm ready for ya!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jhems776jhems776 member
    edited February 2016
    FTM - I still have not brought myself to try on maternity pants but all but one pair of work pants will not go.  I did order a BellaBand (which should be delivered today :) ) and hope that will get me through for a couple months.  I just want it to be warmer outside and I'll just live in dresses the rest of the time.  
  • I really want to get those Betabrand work pants/yoga pants. I'm not quite at the "maternity pants" stage, but my normal pants are a bit pinchy!

I'm actually not sure I'll ever buy maternity pants - since I'll be at my largest in the summer, I'll likely stick with flowy dresses. My plan is to get exactly 5 workday-appropriate dresses and then have a few more casual dresses for the weekends and maybe one pair of shorts. I despise pants in the summer anyway! I'm just hoping I can get by wearing my regular pants until it's warm enough for regular dress-wearing!
  • seitzy3seitzy3 member
    edited February 2016
    I hate pants. You know what I hate more than pants? Shorts. And considering I live in the pit of hell in the summer (aka Texas) I am thinking I'll be hibernating in my pool...pantless. I guess if I have to go out in public I'll wear a maxi/sun dress. For now while it's still chilly, leggings are my bffs. I just found the strechiest, comfiest pair at Nordstrom for $18. And yes, I went to the mall just for leggings yesterday. Came home with 3 pairs...and an ice cream cone from Godiva

Edit: to add that I usually splurge on maternity jeans that don't have the belly band. My favorite pair I have is from J brand and it has a button and zipper but the waist is stretchy. They have lasted since my first pregnancy in 2012. Thumbs up 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • seitzy3 said:
    I hate pants. You know what I hate more than pants? Shorts. And considering I live in the pit of hell in the summer (aka Texas) I am thinking I'll be hibernating in my pool...pantless. I guess if I have to go out in public I'll wear a maxi/sun dress. For now while it's still chilly, leggings are my bffs. I just found the strechiest, comfiest pair at Nordstrom for $18. And yes, I went to the mall just for leggings yesterday. Came home with 3 pairs...and an ice cream cone from Godiva

what brand of leggings did you get?
  • @chavezrd2 it just says BP on the tag. Not sure what that stands for. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Most days I'm living in yoga pants/stretchy pants but I have to see about finding a different kind because these are making me really hot.  For my "fancy" dress up days I'll wear my regular jeans with a Bella Band ordered from Amazon.  I think they were eligible for Prime and are plus-size mom friendly :smile: 
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • speaking of all the skirts and stuff.. I plan on also doing maxi skirts all Summer but a new problem that has come up is now that my legs are getting fatter, my thighs are rubbing together and it's uncomfortable - biker shorts underneath? Maybe a very thin and comfy pair of shorts? ugggh
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • @KarenBeth714  For the thigh rub for me what works great is actually white stick deodorant.  Rub it on both sides and they will glide across each other smoothly the rest of the day.
  • Back when I was spinning a crazy amount, I used Chamois Butt'r.  It's awesome, it doesn't stain, it doesn't take much so it lasts forever and it doesn't smell.  It can be a little expensive, but totally worth it.  I suggest getting just a small amount for now since a little goes a long way.
  • @KarenBeth714 - BodyGlide (or something similar) works wonders to prevent chafing.
  • I loooved my Old Navy over-belly skinny jeans last pregnancy and I'm excited to break them out again! I stocked up on skirts and dresses last time, too, so I'm pretty much set. I'm still in regular jeans and leggings for now, but they're getting a bit snug.

And this might be a weird q, but what is so much better about maternity leggings? Leggings are so stretchy anyway... I just used regular ones last time, though they were so stretched out afterward I had to toss them.