May 2016 Moms
Options

PUPPP

I think I'm coming down with this :( I started with 2 patches on my chest a few weeks ago now it has spread to patches on my stomach .. I am so itchy !! Does anyone else have this? 

Re: PUPPP

• Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited February 2016
    Not this pregnancy, but I had it with DS. Usually it starts on the stomach and spreads from there in blistery patches and harder rough or flakey, super itchy pink-red plaques. Mine spread from my stomach down my legs and up and around my shoulders and arms to the backs of my hands. It started to dissipate significantly after false labor around 38 weeks, then cleared up entirely after birth (though I've been fairly sensitive to fabric texture ever since). Pine tar soap, cool showers, soft fabrics, cera ve cream, sarna lotion (use sparingly), the inside of banana peels (rubbed on the itchy areas), and cool compresses are helpful in easing the itch and spread, but it's pretty much the devil rash. If that's what you have, I'm sorry. Stock up on the things listed above and consider sleeping in mittens so that you don't scratch in your sleep and scar areas accidentally. GL and hugs!
  • Options
    Ugh...I had this with DD1. I'm so sorry. I took 2-3 oatmeal baths a day and took Benedryl at night. I think I was like kbrands and lost them after my contractions really started going at 7 mos.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a dr appt on Monday so I'm going to have her look at it .. it's not awful yet but I feel like it's coming I have spots on each side where my bra hits all over my stomach and found two more spots on my arm yesterday I hope they don't turn to blisters I've been doing my best not to itch but it's so hard I also just started oatmeal baths .. I'm hoping it's not what it is as it looks so awful and painful ! 
  • Options
    My dr doesn't seem to think I have PUPPP but I am getting labs done for chloestasis so I pray it is not that as I will have to deliver early. I'm hoping it's just a pregnancy rash!