Multiples

When do you "feel" pregnant?

For those that have had twins already or are further along in your pregnancy, when do you think you started to really feel pregnant? I realize I'm probably expecting too much here but I'm almost 10 weeks and I just don't feel pregnant at all. I've had minimal symptoms and I'm not gaining weight (I actually lost 5 lbs and am now down 2 lbs) I would have just thought by now I would feel SOMETHING since there are 2 in there. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I didn't really feel anything til after the first trimester the first time, just thought this would be different with twins. I heard their heartbeats at 8 weeks and don't get to see/hear them again until 12 weeks so I'm probably just nervous and could use some reassurance from other mamas.

Re: When do you "feel" pregnant?

• Your babies are Still so small right now that it's pretty normal not to feel pregnant yet. My twins were my first and I started feeling pregnant maybe around 14-15 weeks? That's when I started taking real bump pics so I was starting to show a little bit. I didn't gain any weight with them until 17 weeks either. Try not to worry! And enjoy not feeling pregnant yet because you will feel very pregnant very soon, believe me!!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't really start feeling pregnant until around 18 weeks maybe? Even then, it was mostly just being more tired throughout the day and getting winded easier. My symptoms didn't get bad til third trimester- exhaustion, heart burn, acid reflux, and swelling.
    I had morning sickness twice, didn't believe I had a bump until my 16 week appt when the doctor commented on it, and it was a fairly easy pregnancy, symptom wise. I counted myself as one of the lucky ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • If I didn't have symptoms there were times I forgot I was pregnant! I didn't "feel pregnant" very often the 1st Tri and probably not much different to a singleton. I popped out a little maybe around Week 12/13 and didn't feel pregnant until 14 weeks. Trust me, though, it's pretty quick after that! I'm measuring 5-6 weeks ahead at this point!
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

• That makes me feel a lot better. You just hear how symptoms are exaggerated with twins but I'm sure it's just like singletons where every person is different. I just can't wait to see and hear them again now that I know there are 2 little lives in there!! Just want them to be ok. Thanks everyone!
  • I was very sick the first trimester and that started at 6 weeks. So that was a constant reminder I was pregnant. Other than that I started to feel my twins move around 16 weeks. They are my first so I don't have any idea of that is different than a singleton pregnancy.
  • That makes me feel a lot better. You just hear how symptoms are exaggerated with twins but I'm sure it's just like singletons where every person is different. I just can't wait to see and hear them again now that I know there are 2 little lives in there!! Just want them to be ok. Thanks everyone!

I'm a FTM and first pregnancy but had I not had the ultrasound early (7w) I wouldn't have known there were two until they started moving. Mine are very healthy so far, measuring exactly where they should be, moving well, strong heartbeats etc. Symptoms don't correlate to a healthy pregnancy (knowing this helped me in those first nerve wracking months). Enjoy your scans and Doppler appointments because they're amazing! I love nothing more than seeing my babies wiggling about :D
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

• I started to feel pregnant around 14 weeks when I could feel the first signs of movement. At that point I had so many ultrasounds (it was a very complicated pregnancy) and seen the babies several times, so it contributed to feeling pregnant.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• I'm glad I saw this thread..lately I've been feeling not very pregnant at all. Most of my symptoms have diminished and I never did get sick. I'm not showing yet (13w) and it's too early to feel anything besides gas. I'm getting really antsy for my next doctor appointment in 10 days..glad to read there are others out there that feel the same!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think we're all different. I knew i was pregnant before i took a test due to nusea & vomitting. I threw up for 18 weeks straight & it was hell! & i had it all day...So maybe enjoy not feeling sick. You will feel your babies & show sooner than moms with a singleton. I was showing by 10 weeks.. Everyone is different. I felt them move maybe @ about 4 or 4.5 months.