January 2016 Moms
Options

FTM baby rolling over at 7 weeks in crib

We recently switched to a new swaddle called the woombie. My daughter slept 9.5 hours straight Friday and 10 hours last night. Friday she briefly rolled over onto her stomach after she woke and last night she rolled over to her stomach and continued sleeping. I assume it is time to start transitioning out of the swaddle but am looking for some feedback and guidance for this process. 

Re: FTM baby rolling over at 7 weeks in crib

• Options
    I have no feedback as my LO is only 4 weeks. But how the heck did you get yours to sleep so long?!
  • Options
    She was sleeping 5-6 hours in the sleep sack but the woombie 2 days in a row had her sleeping 9+ hours. I just ordered the convertible one that allows arms out this morning. 
    https://www.woombie.com 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am using 'the baby sleep solution' to sleep train. The author recommends to stop using the swaddle around her age since she'll need freedom of movement to learn to sleep. How much does your daughter weigh?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    I have read that as well and we are somewhat using that as a guide now. She was just under 9lbs at her last appointment 2 weeks ago. I just wasn't sure if we should go cold turkey with the swaddle or whether a transition swaddle would be best. 
  • Options
    I think it depends on your preference. According to that book, the longer you use 'cheats' the longer the training takes. So short term pain (cold turkey) means a quicker process overall. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Wow... You have a super baby. Watch out. Rolling back to belly is harder than the opposite. Definitely stop swaddling if baby can roll as it is no longer safe to have arms swaddled in if rolling is occurring. 

When we stopped swaddling we did it slowly and had success. Arms out then decrease how tight then none. Good luck! 
  • Options
    My 7 week old rolls also but he hasnt done it in his swaddle yet 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! We tried arms out last night and she looked like she was swimming her reflexes were so bad and she couldn't fall asleep. We tried a different swaddle and put both arms in loosely - she managed to get one partially out last night. I checked her every hour and she didn't roll over but I'm going to try to start the transition with naps.