February 2016 Moms

UO-FFC Combo?

How about a unpopular opinion and flame-free confession combo this week? 
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UO-FFC Combo?

• We use cloth diapers, occasionally cloth wipes but I got to draw the line at mommy cloth. My UO is "nope not for me." I can handle the poop/pee diapers but not blood, its just too much for me. Went to a cloth diaper mommy group today and the moms were raving about it so that's why it came up just now 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamacastro I can't do mama cloth. But my Diva Cup? I LOVE that thing. 

@MississippiCatfish I'm hoping that's a positive (but gross :wink: ) sign for you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @mamacastro @vitaluna I agree on the mama cloth.  The thought of it just sitting, waiting to be washed, for even a day really grosses me out.  More power to people who do it, but it's not for me either. Along with family cloth.  No, no, no. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @mamacastro Eh. I'd consider mama cloth since it is amazing how much I spend on disposables every year. Just worried I'm too lazy to keep up with it properly. Throwing the grossness away is just...a lot easier.

Confession: I've now been told by the midwife a million times to cut back on sugar. Can't seem to do it. Ice cream is so tempting. And I keep baking sugary/carby things like cookies and bread and muffins, then devouring them. Mostly on my own. My diet the last 2 weeks has not been fabulous. Except for grapefruit. Lots of it.

• Not an UO or FFC, just didn't want to start a new thread... Has anyone taken Diflucan during this pregnancy for yeast infections? My doctor prescribed me some, and while I know she wouldn't prescribe me something harmful, I've just read awful things and need some reassurance for my worried pregnant mind.
  • My doctor prescribed Difulcan early in my pregnancy and I took it. There were some warnings when I Googled but they were outdated and the more recent info was that it was safe. I didn't have any negative side effects and I'm sure your doctor wouldn't give you something that wasn't safe without giving you adequate information if there was any risk. 
  • willkc said:
    Not an UO or FFC, just didn't want to start a new thread... Has anyone taken Diflucan during this pregnancy for yeast infections? My doctor prescribed me some, and while I know she wouldn't prescribe me something harmful, I've just read awful things and need some reassurance for my worried pregnant mind.
    I took it twice during my pregnancy. It works wonders! Baby boy is now 2.5 weeks old and healthy. 
  • willkc said:
    Not an UO or FFC, just didn't want to start a new thread... Has anyone taken Diflucan during this pregnancy for yeast infections? My doctor prescribed me some, and while I know she wouldn't prescribe me something harmful, I've just read awful things and need some reassurance for my worried pregnant mind.
    I took it late second trimester. Baby is now a week and 2 days and perfectly healthy as well. It helped me instantly!! 
  • The school I work at send out a weekly bulletin about announcements and other things going on at the school. It also has a prayer list (it's a Catholic school). So I was thinking they would have said something about the baby. Not like a full page spread, but just a congratulations. NOTHING!!!!

I already felt that because I'm just a tutor and not a faculty member, I was not included in the school. Well this sure as shit sealed the deal!!  :'(
  • My cats are annoying me, they insist on being on me or next to me while nursing baby. But the sound of them licking and even purring is driving me mad. Can I blame lack of sleep? Sorry kitties!
  • Turner is exclusively formula fed. My first was also. I actually had every intention to breastfeed this time and was educated and ready. I breastfed in the hospital the entire time but was struggling. He was not content unless he was attached and my nipples were already cracked and bleeding. We also got the news DH dad had days left to live and emotionally I was spiraling down. This is our rainbow baby that also took 4yrs of ttc to get pregnant. I was hating the first days with him and I hated myself for it. After much prayer and contemplation I realized it was more important for me to enjoy my precious baby than it was to breastfeed. I was a wreck about my decision for a few days and still have bouts of guilt but I know I made the right choice for me and baby. 
  • @dtaded13 I am so sorry for what you're going through right now. So sorry about your dad. It sounds like you made a really great decision about feeding your little one, and I hope that the guilt goes away QUICKLY. No reason for it, Mama. I've never been there, and I'm sure it's a decision I would struggle with too, so I'm not saying "get over it." But I am saying - you are doing a great job and try to remember that. Hugs. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @dtaded13 I hope you don't think that's any kind of flammable confession/FFFC/UO. The MOST important thing to a baby is a good, healthy mama.. Not where his food comes from. If FF is best for you and your babe, then that's what you do, no flames or shame! 

• edited February 2016
    UO: I've exclusively breastfed in the past, and hope to again, but I can't stand articles/blog posts that perpetuate a belief that breastmilk is almost magical and utterly superior. I just read this one and majorly side-eyes. First of all, my breastmilk gets both more opaque and more yellow in the freezer (it looks like only the right bag is frozen) AND that's the only proof you're providing that your BM is so wonderfully different. Also, your body wouldn't shoot out one kind of BM one day because baby is sick and then think they're totally healed and produce something totally different he next session. It would be gradual. 

I think breastfeeding is great and has some great benefits, but let's use some scientific thought, too, and not act like its a magic potion. 

https://www.littlethings.com/nursing-mom-breast-milk-vcom/?utm_source=LTcom&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=babies
    Pregnancy Ticker

• dem068a said:
    If one more person tells me when they "think" I am going to have this baby (40 weeks today), I think I am going to scream.  I realize I am moody and irrational, but I don't want to hear what you think, or talk about how I am feeling anymore, and especially not talk about my cervix!
    Yes!!! All of this! 
  • The school I work at send out a weekly bulletin about announcements and other things going on at the school. It also has a prayer list (it's a Catholic school). So I was thinking they would have said something about the baby. Not like a full page spread, but just a congratulations. NOTHING!!!!

I already felt that because I'm just a tutor and not a faculty member, I was not included in the school. Well this sure as shit sealed the deal!!  :'(
    I feel you! My school does a weekly staff email and always announces babies, weddings, etc. but we got no mention. :( I'm wondering if she will put something in it this Monday since I didn't send her an announcement until this week. We'll see.

• If one more person posts on my Facebook or tells me to my face that I need to have lots of sex and lots of nipple stimulation to go in to labor, I might lose it on them. 

No kidding that those are "ways" people have found that help you go in to labor, but I have cousins and other  younger kids (and some super conservative ones!) who look up to me on there and I'd really rather them not think about my sex life or nipples, thankyouverymuch. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • @middy411 wow. I couldn't agree with you more on your first paragraph, or less on your second!  ;)
    ^^This^^
    I was FF.
    And whatever Girl Scout cookies you don't want, just give them all to me.

• Omg diva cups are The Best.
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited February 2016

Boooo! Gif fail :(

• middy411 said:
    Anyways, my UO is that I truly do not understand the hype around Girl Scout cookies. I've never eaten one that was even good and yet I find them in front of every store I go into soliciting their products like big ole pregnant me won't be able to resist. I don't want your nasty, overpriced, hard, year-old cookies and if I did, I would come over to your little stand and ask for some. I'll go bake some
    gooey chocolate chip cookies instead.