February 2016 Moms

*Tuesday BMW/Randoms*

Yep, I know it's not Monday. A place to post your whines, random thoughts, etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *Tuesday BMW/Randoms*

• I'm planning for a med-free VBAC. My husband doesn't like the idea/cost of a doula, but isn't exactly the nurturing or helpful type for labor. I got him a book to help (The Birth Partner), and he read ONE page over the 3-day weekend. I'm mad, and hurt that he just doesn't seem to care. I feel like I'm not going to have the help/support I need to go med-free. Grrrr. Oh, and I'm 39w. It's not like he has a month to get it done.

• VitaLuna said:
    I'm planning for a med-free VBAC. My husband doesn't like the idea/cost of a doula, but isn't exactly the nurturing or helpful type for labor. I got him a book to help (The Birth Partner), and he read ONE page over the 3-day weekend. I'm mad, and hurt that he just doesn't seem to care. I feel like I'm not going to have the help/support I need to go med-free. Grrrr. Oh, and I'm 39w. It's not like he has a month to get it done.
    I think some men just don't understand. When I was pregnant as a FTM I went into Birthing Class really trying to absorb everything. DH was sitting next to me laughing at all boobs the booklet and labor videos showed. Hopefully your H will surprise you though and get to reading and be exactly what you need.

• Loading the player...
  • @BabySeaTurtles I feel like he has no concept of the fact that I'm going to need some help other than, "you're doing good" and patting my hand. This isn't TV, dude. You don't just sit there while I lay in bed and tell me to breathe, particularly with no epidural and especially since I plan to stay home until the last minute. I feel like I'm going to be doing this alone. 

• I have another whine. H was off work yesterday and I had a dentist appt. Perfect, so he can stay with her while I'm gone. Well, they call me in the morning asking if I can switch to a different time (an hour later). I call back, say that's fine. Then I get a call 20 minutes after my original appt time saying I missed my appt and needed to reschedule. I call back, talk to the same person from the morning, reminding her that I had just talked to her after THEY asked me to switch times. She said she didn't understand what the situation was when we talked in the morning (then WHY DIDNT YOU ASK SOMEONE), and that they couldn't see me until today. When I have no childcare. I almost cried. Oh, but no worries, they'll watch my DD (2.5) up front if I want them to

• g0lightly8706 - I can sympathize. My DH is constantly on his phone playing video games. We haven't even been able to discuss names for this LO because I have trouble getting him to focus. Ugh. I told him I was going to pack stuff just to throw at him while I'm in labor if he is on his phone. Lol. 
  • @1234Tara I may have to borrow your "pack stuff to chuck" idea. It could be very therapeutic :smile: 

• VitaLuna said:
    I'm planning for a med-free VBAC. My husband doesn't like the idea/cost of a doula, but isn't exactly the nurturing or helpful type for labor. I got him a book to help (The Birth Partner), and he read ONE page over the 3-day weekend. I'm mad, and hurt that he just doesn't seem to care. I feel like I'm not going to have the help/support I need to go med-free. Grrrr. Oh, and I'm 39w. It's not like he has a month to get it done.
    Ooof, I'd be frustrated too.  My DH hasn't done anything to prepare, but I'm totally a "just leave me alone" person when I don't feel well, so it works for us.  I have heard people suggest asking for a nurse that really enjoys unmedicated births when they first get to the hospital - that might be worth trying!  Also @BabySeaTurtles your quip about your husband made me laugh.  They're all just big 13 year olds:)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• VitaLuna said:
    My H was the same way but because of the PPD I endured from my csection he caved and I have a doula. It is my birthday Christmas and Valentine's Day presents. 

I am am simply tired of working. My last day before leave will be March 4 unless this guy comes sooner. My older son has strep. He is getting better but I might stay home tomorrow with him JIC he isn't fully over it.
  • @VitaLuna not sure where you are located but the Indy area has a good doula group that is income based. 
  • I'm very frustrated with my doctor (we are military at a Naval hospital and No, I can't switch providers). He has been so annoyingly lax about my entire pregnancy. I've had a total of 5 appointments for the entire pregnancy. I am 38+2 today and was told at my last appointment (which was at 34+1) that I could have my membranes stripped at this appointment. Today, he claims he never said that and that he won't offer stripping until 39wks. Whatever, I don't even care about the actual stripping, I'm annoyed that this guy doesn't care about anything and doesn't remember anything we have talked about (probably because he waits 8-12wks between appointments). 

I'm just sick of being pregnant and want this to end. I hate people. Ugh. 
  • My toddler is starting to act out with baby at home I think. The first week or so she was doing so well and now it's threats and bribes to get her to listen to me for anything. She just smirks and smiles whenever I ask her to do something or yell at her. Wtf child go back to being the kind gentle child you once were. 
  • WTF to the guy who hit us in the gas station parking lot. We were coming home from Penelope's peds appointment, pulling out from the pumping stall into the parking lot, when a guy backed up out of a parking spot right into the front of our SUV. I got a little hysterical about it because my baby is 7 days old and already in a car accident. Good news is, the guy had insurance and has already reported it. Bad news is that this is the second time someone has run into our vehicles in the last month, so now we are going to have two rental cars. PAY ATTENTION WHILE DRIVING, PEOPLE!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• I ran right into H's metal ladder in the garage and broke my pinky toe. Mind you it has been sitting in the same spot since he used it to take the xmas lights down after new years. Wth? Pregnancy brain or lack there of I guess? Anyways as if it wasn't hard enough already to walk at 38.2 wks now i'm not only waddling but limping as well. 
  • I feel for all of you girls. Ugh! 

Is anyone else experiencing excruciating Braxton hicks? I didn't have them nearly this bad with my first. They come around and last for what feels like hours with no relief. And no break in between so I know it's not real contractions. Just feel like I'm on day one of the worst period for days now.  

• @Karen249 I had no BHs that I recall with DD. This time around, they're AWFUL! Apparently it's really common with second (and subsequent) pregnancies. Booooo. 

• @VitaLuna ...omg MEN! This made me laugh! 
  • VitaLuna said:
    Ooof, I'd be frustrated too.  My DH hasn't done anything to prepare, but I'm totally a "just leave me alone" person when I don't feel well, so it works for us.  I have heard people suggest asking for a nurse that really enjoys unmedicated births when they first get to the hospital - that might be worth trying!  Also @BabySeaTurtles your quip about your husband made me laugh.  They're all just big 13 year olds:)
    THIS. I just happened to have a nurse who believed in/had had a drug-free birth. She was seriously awesome. I almost gave in at 5cm but powered through and was able to have her natural like I so wanted! Although my SO did a pretty good job of helping me through, that nurse was a total rockstar. 

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• @vitaluna that's hilarious that your husband said that.  unbelievable. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @vitaluna that's hilarious that your husband said that.  unbelievable. 
    Yea I have to agree on this one.
    It's somewhat flabbergasting actually. Men are so clueless sometimes!

• I've never been so glad that my husband works with dogs in my life. He's literally like "meh it's just poop, we'll forget about it" and is all "I get pee on me all the time at work, I don't care if LO pees on me".

I was mortified when I rushed to the bathroom and missed the bowl and sink but hit the rugs in there with my morning sickness but he cleaned it right away after making sure I was alright and back in bed all curled up. I kept apologizing but he shrugged it off because of all the worse things he's had to clean up.

• I messed up at work. Not a huge, catastrophic mistake but something I've done before and was called out on so was just getting out from under the microscope when it happened again. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and I don't want to use that as an excuse, but I'm obviously focused on that more than anything. I'm dreading going back to the office tomorrow... It's giving me anxiety laying here in bed at night. 
  • @VitaLuna - I love calling it "pack stuff to chuck!" I could only love your comment once, so I felt the need to love it! love it! love it! Lol. 
  • I'm really worried about my parents coming to visit for a week when baby is born (due next week). I was adopted as an infant and my moms pretty clueless about breastfeeding and recovery from childbirth.  Some of the things she says are just not helpful (like volunteering to stay up all night with the baby for me so I can sleep... Very nice but not practical when I plan to breastfeed....).  I know she has wonderful intentions but I'm afraid she's going to be more stressful and needy than helpful.  She's not the type to just do my dishes for me bc she'd be too worried about not putting them away right or something.  Or shrinking my laundry. Etc.  She has bad anxiety and it can paralyze her sometimes.  This is her first grandchild and I want her to be around but the red flags of her anxiety are starting to go off already... Yikes. Husbands not too happy about it either. They're staying at an RV park a couple miles away so there will be some breathing room at least! 
  • I know. It is Saturday. But my 18 month old was diagnosed with strep Monday. It seemed to get better but then coughing all night started Thursday and fever Friday morning. So back to the doctor where the NP told me "it is just drainage from strep". 103.7* temp today. Trip to the ER. it is pneumonia. Which I brought up at the appointment yesterday because he has had it another time. I am bleaching my house before little brother comes. 
  • So my middle DD is sick 102.7 and higher fevers. My oldest DD sprained her ankle. My H is home helping but I am doing the bulk of it and breastfeeding and pumping. I just want to give up and sleep. Not sure how much more I can do before I break. 
  • Vkrosa said:
    So my middle DD is sick 102.7 and higher fevers. My oldest DD sprained her ankle. My H is home helping but I am doing the bulk of it and breastfeeding and pumping. I just want to give up and sleep. Not sure how much more I can do before I break. 
    Hang in there! I'm in the same boat, less one child. My husband has been working nights all week (noon-midnight) so I've had zero help and I've had to take DD to urgent care twice just yesterday. She was inconsolable with a double ear infection and once we got home and started the antibiotics she has an allergic reaction so back up we went. Trying to fit pumping in every three hours has been interesting along with taking care of the baby.  It's been a miserable week but hopefully everyone is on the mend. Hope your family feels better soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, seems like everyone has sick kids, me included. DD (almost 2.5) has been vomiting, sneezing, and a runny nose the past couple days. I'm desperately trying to keep DS (12 days old) away from her but man its hard! I'm not looking forward to DH having to go to work tomorrow and leaving me to take care of both of them on my own. Praying DS doesn't catch anything!

I hope everyone's families get better soon!!