Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check In* Week of February 15th

edited February 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Have you had any cravings as of yet? If so, what are they?

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:

@kbear28 EDD 7/24/16
@ShayLatrice EDD 8/4/16
@poeface EDD 8/8/16
@BrightenMySky 8/18/16
@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16
@rshatsky EDD 8/24/16
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16
@duchessofravity EDD 9/1/16
@cassiebmalek EDD 9/8/16
@vnegron87 EDD 9/8/16
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16
@piperella EDD 10/2/16
@MrsB627 EDD 10/4/16
@Selena2016 EDD 10/6/16
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16
@rabeckap EDD ??????
@ehanssmann EDD ??????
@Annacygirl EDD ??????
Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
December 2016-Natural CP
April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
Follow our journey

Re: *1st Tri Check In* Week of February 15th

• Good morning all! I hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day! I'm not sure I introduced myself on the last board, but my EDD is 10/12/16. I have my first ultrasound this week on Wednesday (I'll be exactly 6w). So far the only symptoms I've had are fatigue (just started), light cramps, bloated (especially in the morning), and occasional backaches. 

QOTW: I have been craving cottage cheese. Thank goodness the grocery had a sale this weekend!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Happy Monday! I'm happy to be on this board, I was on the infertility board for a while and now I'm pregnant for the first time in my life! My EDD  is 10/18/16. Still so weird that I'm actually pregnant!  Tomorrow I go in for my third beta (first two were great ) and an ultrasound the first week in March. Very happy to be here, and tomorrow I will be 5 weeks. 

QOTW: I haven't really been craving anything yet, except maybe chocolate milk, but to be fair I have always been a fan. Definitely having some food aversions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, @takethelongway for taking over the 1st Tri updates.  So glad to see you and @kennelchick here!  Hope you have a great 3rd beta, kennelchick!

AFM - Happy Monday (and day off due to snow!) to everyone!  I had a great weekend at my mom's and we went both Saturday and Sunday to Babies R US to look and register stuff.  My mom wanted to do it so much.  DH and I had fun and didn't register for much, but definitely opened our eyes to all the options.  Mom wanted to get us a stroller/car seat already, but I couldn't decide. I want to keep looking and researching.

I'm 7w1d today.  After my loss last Tuesday, my symptoms have gone down dramatically.  It's weird the night and day difference.  My next U/S appt is on 2/22 with my ob/gyn and then I have another U/S with my RE on 2/26.

QOTW: Craving change, but they been Wavy Lay's with Dean's French Onion Dip, Oatmeal Cream Pies (never followed through on this), and super moist (hate that word) yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Sooooo super healthy.
  • edited February 2016
    Hi girls! @takethelongway@Piperella@kennelchick It feels so good to be over here with you guys! I'm 6w1d and My EDD is 10/9/16. Tomorrow I go in for BW/US to see the heartbeat!!  Just praying and trying to stay positive!!! On 2/9 Last BW was all normal -beta 8,897 Proj 19 Estrogen 322 .. I feel pregnant!! 

*Loss mentioned *

I'm so excited but nervous a little too! A little bit about me... I'm 36 DH 34 trying 2 1/2 years hashimotos...MI...This is my first time getting pregnant with IVF (Pgd icsi-3rd transfer) I've had 3 loses when I was trying naturally all ended in first trimester. But I keep telling myself this is different than that! 

QOTW: definitely salty like cheese it's and wheat thins and then I need lots of drinks lol .. Anything from water...Capri suns.. Gatorade.. Coco water.. I'm so thirsty :) then I have to pee a lot lol 

symptoms? I have back aches, cramping on and off .. No more spotting  ... and not sleeping great wake up a lot .. Could be meds tho still on Estrace 2mg 3x and PIO 

i was was told by my obgyn that I can't make an appointment with them until I get released from my RE ... 
  • edited February 2016
    Hey girls I just got back from my US and there is a heart beat at 6w3d but the dr said its below normal range at 95... I'm trying to stay positive and have to go back in Friday. 
  • emsmama15emsmama15 member
    edited February 2016
    Best of luck @purepositivity.  I'm guessing that's why my RE doesn't do ultrasounds until 7 weeks.  He said it's just too dicey with seeing a heartbeat or seeing a low heartbeat in the six week range.  Then you worry and fret and have to go back sooner.  When I was waiting until 7 weeks, believe me, I was annoyed, but I guess it was worth it! :)  I hope you see a nice strong heartbeat on Friday!

Registering is so fun @Piperella.  There's a book called "Baby Bargains" (I think) that I used to research a lot of the baby gear we were getting for my daughter.  Also online "Lucie's List" reviews a TON of stuff.  Have fun!!

Welcome @kennelchick!  And thanks for taking over the check-in @takethelongway!!  It's so great to see you both here!

AFM, I'm 12w1d today.  It's so hard to believe.  I'm feeling pretty good, but starting to get some more nausea and food aversions, so I'm worried about my blood sugar.  I'll be having fasting blood glucose and Hgb A1C checked next month (the compromise my endo and I came up with so I didn't have to do the awful glucose tolerance test again), so I'll have to let it go.  I have a glucometer, but I'm not worried enough yet to actually check a sugar.  I checked a post-meal one a couple weeks ago and it was fine.  We'll see if I last till my lab draw.  :)  Other than than, I'm feeling great.  My daughter is sick with a cold and fever so I've been exhausted taking care of her.  She literally sat on my lap the majority of the day yesterday.  Poor honey.  She just wants to snuggle and I can't pass that up!   I've been having sharp pains in my groin over the weekend when I get up quickly or twist weird.  I googled and assumed it was round ligament pain from my quickly growing uterus, but I called the clinic and they confirmed.  Yikes. I don't think I had that until third trimester with my daughter. 

Cravings: Unfortunately - PIZZA!  I could eat it every darn meal.  Even with the nausea and aversions, pizza will work!  Luckily the red sauce doesn't give me heartburn or anything.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I'm 13 w 4 days today. I think I've really popped, my lower belly feels so heavy today. My cravings have pretty much subsided except in enjoying fruits and salad more. otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. I'm going to try and start taking big girl prenatals tonight with dinner- I've done the gummies forever bc iron makes me vomit but the dr says I need to start getting more iron so we'll see how it goes. 

@purepositivity fx that your pregnancy continues successfully 

hope we everyone has a great week! 
  • @purepositivity Good luck Friday!

I have my first u/s tomorrow at exactly six weeks and I'm getting nervous because it is still so early to see a heartbeat. I know I will freak out for a week if we do not see it tomorrow, but I also know the chance of seeing it that early is slim. Part of me wishes I had taken the appointment last Friday just to check the embryo, yolk sac, and fetal pole and then waited for next week with the heartbeat. But, maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow :) 

January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Hello everyone! I just posted an intro this evening! My EDD is 10/4! I have my Kat ultrasound with my RE this Friday and then I go to my new OBGYN on Monday! Last Friday, we saw the baby, measuring 6 weeks, 1 day (I was 6 weeks, 3 days at that point) and the heartbeat was 110bbm! 

QOTW - M&M's and Rice Krispy Treats!
    DS born 2016
  • Welcome @MrsB627!!  Congratulations!
  • Hi everyone
    I spent a while on the IF board ( new to the bump not new to IF) after 4 years of TTC and numerous failed IUI our first IFV was a success. I'm 6W5D today! I had my first ultrasound yesterday. We were actually able to hear the heartbeat. So magical. 
    I am due 10/6. 
    Symptoms have been limited, bloated, huge boobs and I'm a little nauseous when I'm hungry especially when I wake up. 

QOTW I'm craving coleslaw and biscuits and anything salty. Also chocolate. :)
  • Thanks @emsmama15
    DS born 2016
  • I feel better  the nurse called me last night and said its still early not to panic and my numbers are good. They will let me know my TSH number today since I have thyroid disease and rechecked it. So I'm just praying and trying to eat really good and rest.
    Thank you so much for your support-it really helped!  @takethelongway
    @katie121209
    @emsmama15
  • edited February 2016
    Welcome @MrsB627 and @Selena2016 and @kennelchick!!

@purepositivity I'm glad your nurse offered you some reassurance :) That is why I absolutely love my nurse (she is actually going through IF as well so she totally knows what we're going through!)

My first ultrasound is in about 4 hours and I'm excited and nervous and scared and all of the feels. I know it is too early to see a heartbeat (I'm exactly 6w today), but a huge part of me wants to see one for some reassurance. However, I know I'll be back for another ultrasound sometime next week so I suppose I can wait until then :) 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • chrissym126chrissym126 member
    edited February 2016
    @takethelongway, I hope your U/S went well, and you aren't worried if you didn't see the heartbeat. 

@purepositivity, sending good thoughts your way. 

I had an appointment last friday at 10w1d and we heard the heartbeat on the doppler. It was the best sound I have ever heard. And my OB is pregnant! I didn't specify what gender I preferred for a doctor, but I do love that with women doctors, you can joke about uniboob.

Cravings: My nausea got a little worse this week after being better for awhile, but it's under control. I continue to pine for bright green half sour pickles, which I can't seem to find anywhere in Boston. I have asked various family members to visit me and bring a quart from Ben's Kosher Deli--I think my parents will bring it in March. I'm thisclose to making my own.
  • @chrissym126 It went well! One baby, a heartbeat, and everything looks good so far. Apparently the blood vessel that leads to my uterus is working really well as my uterus was jumping around so much it was hard to determine much or take incredibly accurate measurements, but RE said it all looked good and we'll be able to see more next week. Having a freak out today waiting for yesterday's progesterone and hCG levels and thinking I don't feel pregnant, but I am so I need to stop that! 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @takethelongway, HOORAY! I too find myself wanting constant reassurance, but it sounds like your RE is  confident--always a good thing. My fingers remain hypothetically crossed for you. 
  • Thank you! And so funny about the uniboob lol @chrissym126

Such great news that everything looks good!!  And I feel exactly the same way... I feel pregnant than other times it's  just so hard to really believe it!! @takethelongway
  • Thanks @chrissym126 and @purepositivity!!  
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Thank you girls for all your support! Baby's heartbeat is 114!! So happy!!! ❤️
  • Hey guys so I realized I am 14 weeks today which I guess is second trimester?! I can't believe I'm this far along! I'll head over to the 2nd tri board, meet you all there soon! 
  • So happy for you @purepositivity! Congrats @katie121209! See you in a few weeks :) 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • I have a question for everyone. Has anyone had any bleeding? What amount is equivalent to spotting vs a bigger problem?  I had some bleeding today for the first time, it looked like period blood, enough to to leave. Dimensions sized stain on my underwear and then a quarter sized stain on the pad I put on. I called my Dr office and the nurse told me that it might be nothing or could be the start of something. It's stopped and I just have some brown when I wipe, but I'm still terrified.  I left work early ( I'm a nurse in an icu and had to call/beg someone you come in on their day off. I think the crying helped my case) and have just been relaxing since.  I'm just do so scared that this is the start of something. 
  • I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! Just try and rest until you go back in! When are you going back to dr? I'm praying for you! Stay off the internet you'll find both sides saying its normal and not normal basically what your nurse said already. Sending positive thoughts to you!! {{hugs}} @kennelchick
  • Thank you @purepositivity. I don't go back in until the 3rd for my first ultrasound. I'm super nauseous today, so thats probably good, right?
  • I have had spotting off and on weeks four through six.  I don't want to say everything all over again,  but **tw... Loss mentioned *** I actually had a complete miscarriage of a twin at 6w2d while at work.   I had cramping and bleeding.   You didn't mention cramping which is good.   It's hard not to worry about what is happening,  but also know there is nothing we or doctors can do to stop anything from happening.   Hopefully it is nothing in your case,  and it was just a pocket of blood that had to work it's way out.  It's a good sign it stopped and was brown at the end.    Hoping you don't have to deal with bleeding or spotting again. 
  • Thanks @Piperella . I did actually have some mild cramping, which I have been having on and off since the implantation. The nurse told me that it was normal  (before I had the bleeding). I'm just trying to stay positive until my ultrasound on the third (which is forever away). 
  • @kennelchick I am so sorry you had some bleeding! I have been having a lot of mild cramping as well, but everyone has said that is totally normal. Hang in there until the 3rd! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you happy vibes!
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Hello Ladies-

I can't believe I am pregnant after all this time . I found out last night and today is my birthday . I met with my fertility doctor and he confirmed via a blood test that I'm pregnant.

I am nervous as I suffer from PCOS. DH & I where preparing to start IUI but this all happened naturally I'm still in shock.

My due date is October 21st.

I am 5 1/2 wks
  • Congratulations and Happy Birthday @BlueGal1!!
  • Hi ladies,
    So glad to have found this site! Just found out last week that my first round of IVF was successful! My EDD is 10/26/16. Symptoms are waves of nausea, exhaustion & agony bbs!! Funny - I've been craving salt ever since my transfer (I also had OHSS which can bring on that craving) - but I dream about vegemite & salt & vinegar chips. Wish it was a healthier craving! All the best for your first trimester lovelies! 
  • My cravings are nachos and guacamole lol