Unpopular Opinion Thursday
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why can't I just get a feeding tube? I would be much happier having one. I keep getting so distracted with DD2 that I forget my insulin or to even eat. I have lost all my baby weight, but it's not good to have crappy blood sugar levels.
  • Options
    The phrase "sleep when the baby sleeps". So when am i supposed to eat, shower or do chores? This only applies when your husband isn't at work or when your baby isn't a newborn. I get some good rest at night but naps aren't a thing
    This! My husband tells me everyday "nap when she naps" but seriously she eats every 3 hours, after that we do tummy time and play for an hour and the time she actually sleeps its only for about an hour. In that hour I eat, sanitize bottles, get dressed, maybe watch a show and shes back up and we do it all over again. 
  • Options
    I've been trying to nap all day. Little girl has been fighting sleep. She yawns, fusses, we nurse, she falls asleep. I put her down. Shes up. I think i need to quit coffee
  • Options
    I am NOT counting down the days to be cleared for sex. I love my man, I am not in any pain "down there," I am actually mostly okay with my body right now (or okay enough that I don't feel completely unsexy), and motherhood is going well enough (no ppd)...yet my desire for sex is just non existent.
  • Options
    I can't see myself leaving my baby with anyone so I can go to work.... 
    I sent LO to the nursery the day after he as born (in the hospital) and I bawled until they brought him back to my room two hours later. 
    I go to the store and leave LO with SO and I get anxious and hurry back. 

I still think it's weird that I didn't go anywhere without him for almost 10 months and now I have the option to leave him and that's just weird to me... 

• Options
    sea8884 said:
    Everyone says not to rush the baby time and enjoy it. Honestly I cannot wait until my son is walking and talking and more aware of the world.
    It will be much more difficult, because you would have to watch him all the time
  • Options
    @sea8884 - Totally agree!  The toddler through kindergarten years are my absolute favorite time of life for kids - they're so curious and funny. I can't wait until LO is in that phase, though I am, of course, enjoying the newborn snuggles as much as I can, (while being exhausted.)  ;)
  • Options
    LIly436 said:
    sea8884 said:
    Everyone says not to rush the baby time and enjoy it. Honestly I cannot wait until my son is walking and talking and more aware of the world.
    It will be much more difficult, because you would have to watch him all the time
    I think that's the point. And you know, parenting. 
  • Options
    sea8884 said:
    I couldn't wait to get the baby stage over with my son, as he was a fussy baby, and I will admit the toddler years were a blast, but after realizing how fast it does go by I'm trying to savor the baby stage this time around. It seems those with easy newborns/infants will tell you the toddler stage is harder and those with fussy infants will say toddlerhood is a hell of a lot easier (as was the case with my son).