May 2016 Moms
Options

What makes baby "get jiggy with it"?

Anyone else playing LO music? I started recently and have to say I like her style! She was getting down to Beyonces new song. Not much of a fan of the Beatles though which is disappointing. Today I think I will see how she reacts to 80s hairbands. Maybe some Bon Jovi?

What makes your lil one shake a tail feather?

baby happy dance funny dance cute

cat fail animated GIF

Re: What makes baby "get jiggy with it"?

• Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited February 2016
    He moves a lot when I sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, which is DS's bedtime/naptime song. He also partied when Where is the Love came on the radio yesterday. Both DS and this LO seem to be Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Macklemore, Mumford & Sons, Claude Debussey, and Louie Armstrong fans too. I'm glad that so far they have varied taste in music like DH and I do. Eta: LO gets down to Led Zeppelin too.

Not a LO preference, but it cracks me up that anytime DS hears a Sara Barialles  (sp?) song, he covers his ears and says, "no, no, no!" As of a few months ago, he just can't stand her for some reason. Toddlers develop very specific tastes just like any other age group. 
  • Options
    I don't necessarily play music for the LO. But I'm sure she'll be used to my daughter's teeny bopper pop music. The baby goes crazy when DH gets up and him and DD play, rough house, laugh. The noise level goes up and the baby goes crazy likes she wants to join them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO loves country music and Frank Sinatra!
  • Options
    I basically listen to 1 of 2 things: my hypnobabies affirmations or Nicki Minaj. Good luck kid.
  • Options
    DH loves to sing ... And I mean sing, whistle , hum pretty much all the time . As sometimes this gets annoying it was very sweet last night when he was singing a pink Floyd song into my tummy and LO went wild ! 
  • Options
    DH listen to a lot of different types of rock. I'm more into alt rock while he's into harder music. LO seems to get excited when it's any of that... Especially if it's more upbeat. But if anything else is on then no reaction.
  • Options
    LO loves classic rock and 90's R&B/hip hop. Unfortunately, MH played "sorry" by Justin Bieber and she went crazy, so I guess that falls in her line of interests as well....here's to hoping he retires before she gets older!
  • Options
    This little one dances to Ed Sheeran. Kid might be my soul mate.
  • Options
    Mine really jiggles more for when mommy is trying to relax than anything. Music hasn't been much of a trigger yet, but he does get excited with me when I'm watching supernatural. 

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• Options
    I didn't know this thread was going to be about music, so I was going to say fun dip :P
    That works too!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Odd but Home Depot. It's like she knows we're buying stuff for her room - she goes nuts when we talk about going there or while we're in there! 
  • Options
    I didn't know this thread was going to be about music, so I was going to say fun dip :P
    I actually have some and kinda want to eat it now. :tongue: 
  • Options
    DH regularly plays and songs to Crash Test Dummies "Mmm Mmm Mmm" but no definitive verdict on that. My music choices vary anywhere from Eminem to Frank Sinatra so good luck LO!
  • Options
    I haven't noticed her responding to music much but she definitely responds to food! Anytime I'm craving something and then eat it she has a dance party. Girl after my own heart :)
  • Options
    The only time I've felt her respond to music was at a family friend's retirement party when Stevie Wonders' Superstition came on. She went WILD. I'm 100% ok with her musical preferences if that was an indicator lol

She also loves Sweettart candies which is crazy because I don't usually like candy but I crave them and she does a dance when I give in. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    She was dancing along to Ingrid Michelson the other day and then to fall out boy tonight. Hoping she gets my love of a wide array of music 
  • Options
    Me laying down trying to sleep/rest or while I am eating. 

• Options
    Bluegrass. I was listening to Allison Krauss and she started dancing. Takes after her Daddy. On one of our first dates he told me " I would marry her just so I could listen to her talk everyday" 
  • Options
    This is going to sound crazy, but I have a whole playlist of kids songs on my iTunes.  The only songs out of that, that she "danced" to were from the Wee Sing Bible Songs album.  She did nothing with Sesame Street songs or Disney songs. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    We haven't listened to anything particular for her but anything with bass, drums at church (imagine trying to keep your composure), and her father's singing....keep in mind  DH can't sing so I'm not sure if it was dancing or her kicking him the face to say GO AWAY! Lol
  • Options
    When I visit family and all my siblings get loud! (They're always laughing and screaming and having a good time) baby starts jumping around with them :). He's also a big fan of AC/DC everytime! He's rocking out with them!
  • Options
    I've never felt him kick more intensely nor consistantly than while watching Zoolander 2 yesterday.
  • Options
    I've never felt him kick more intensely nor consistantly than while watching Zoolander 2 yesterday.
    We saw that Friday. It was so funny!
  • Options
    I am not sure if i am reading her reactions right. But If shes kicking away (I have SPD so sometimes it hurts), certain music will calm her down, which i love. But then other music will get her moving. I am definitely seeing a reaction though. So curious to see if the same songs calm her down out of he womb!
  • Options
    Our LO seemed to go crazy the other day when I was upstairs watching the KU game (and painting nursery decorations) and DH was downstairs listening to Hard Rock (Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.).  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I like to rock out to Led Zeppelin quite loud in the car... and that usually seems to get him dancing around. I'm not sure it's the choice of music though, rather it might be he just rocks out when I do. :)
  • Options
    DS2 only really responds to sugar, cold water or when DS1 is on my lap (I have an anterior placenta this time).  But DS1 loves music. We saw Kings of Leon 3 weeks before he was born and he was rocking out. Until I got paranoid he was getting high from all the pot smoke and left. Even now he loves dancing and music, the fastest way to get him happy is to start dancing like a fool. 
  • Options
    The only time LO moves is when my H is touching my tummy or talking to him. I guess he's already a daddys boy