Pregnant after a Loss

Feeling alone

I have my dating scan tomorrow at which point I'll be 13 weeks 1 day. I'm really trying to stay positive but after having a previous mmc it's too hard. Only both sets of parents know and if I speak to them or my partner they just say 'be positive'. All very well and good and I really am trying but I feel so anxious and mixing that with the wonderful pregnancy hormones and I'm constantly on the edge of tears today. I just feel so helpless and so alone and counting down the hours to finally (hopefully) get some reassurance. A long day ahead for me I think.... Xx

Re: Feeling alone

• Hugs to you! The anxiety is awful and I understand how not helpful it can be when people tell you to just be positive. It's hard to control your thoughts. Feel however you need to feel. Fx for a good scan!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I hope your scan went well and you feel a little better! It will get easier with time.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Fingers crossed you got great news today! 
  • "Stay positive." OMG! I hate that crap. Around certain people I feel like I have to be Polly Perfect who never notices problems and always has cheer and sunshine coming out of her butt even when her world just fell apart.

Screw positive! It's good advice to think positively but the way it sounds coming out of a mouth is, "Stay positive and stop talking about it to me." 

Anxiety during this time is awful! Just know it gets better. My anxiety peaked at the mid-gestation US because that's around the time we lost our Hansel. Now I'm in week 23, feeling baby kick a few times a day, and I'm LESS anxious. So my advice is to assure yourself that it will get better. Big breaths. Lots of water. Lots of distractions. We've got your back. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• BabyBee15BabyBee15 member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you so much. Boonhilde that is exactly how it feels!! US went well So hoping the anxiety fades now
  • I totally know how you feel. Every says "stay positive" and if I'm worried then they get worried, and I spend my time trying to make THEM feel better...but I'm the one having the baby lol. I finally broke down to my best friend the other day and told her, "I'm just so SCARED and I feel like I have no one who will just let me be afraid!" I felt a little better after that.

I'm so glad everything went well! FX crossed for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy for you and the rest of us here! Glad there is a place where I can come when I'm feeling afraid.  
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18