3rd Trimester
Options

Developing food sensitivities late in 3rd Tri?

Twice in the past week I have developed really bad stomach pain, like stabbing gas pains in my upper stomach and nausea. The first time it only lasted about 15 minutes, then last night it lasted for a couple hours. I had a half decaf latte this morning and now I'm extremely nauseous again. The only thing I can think of is that all three times it started shortly after I had a large glass of milk. I've never had any problems with milk and in fact have craved it earlier on in this pregnancy.  My 2nd DS was dairy intolerant and I had to cut out dairy while BFing, but we didn't find that out until he was about 6 weeks. I'm wondering if something like that is going on this time. I am 38+2 though, so maybe it's just because I'm at the very end and my body is being weird. Wondering if anyone else has developed any food sensitivities late in pregnancy and wondering if they affect how the baby will process that food. 

Re: Developing food sensitivities late in 3rd Tri?

• Options
    I feel like I might have also developed a sensitivity to milk. I eat cereal every morning and when I'm finished I have a stomach ache (although I get a stomach ache after I eat almost everything.) and I have to go #2 within a half hour. I guess it's possible, but considering I've been constipated up until recently, I'm not complaining!
  • Options
    Yup, I've actually become increasingly sensitive to milk/cream/butter.  A big bowl of cereal in the morning, on an empty stomach, is now enough to make me feel nauseated for a few hours!  Cream soups also do a number!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, and as far as my OB has told me it's actually fairly common to develop a dairy sensitivity in the 3rd tri. Not fun, but definitely not unheard of. Cashew milk and almond milk are great alternatives, as they're both lactose free.
  • Options
    I have also noticed some lactose intolerance lately as I get gassy or a stomach ache after a bowl of cereal or a glass of chocolate milk. It's not going to stop me though. Milk is a super easy source of protein (energy for whenever my body decides to go into labor) and calcium (keeps the heartburn at bay).