March 2016 Moms

Show me your take home outfit!

I finally decided on one (or two) for our little lady. I'd love to see what other people have chosen!  I also got one of those hospital hats with the big bow...couldn't resist. But if her head is as big as her brothers it won't fit anyway ha!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Show me your take home outfit!

• Loading the player...
  • It won't be a take home outfit this time, but baby's first "still at home" outfit will be the same sleeper his or her older sister and brother wore. (Assuming it fits. It was a tight squeeze for our second born.) We're Team Green so in the past I haven't been able to plan for pink or blue and even though I'll have the option at home of putting him/her right into a gender appropriate color, I'm sentimental. So yellow it is! (I don't have a pic. But it's just a yellow NB sleeper with a lion on it.)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had these a while, and I still want to use this for my baby's coming home outfit.
  • @RosieMommy2016 heads up that those sleepers don't work too well with car seats. You'd have to pull it up to belly level to get the crotch strap on safely.

• ehowa499 said:
    @RosieMommy2016 heads up that those sleepers don't work too well with car seats. You'd have to pull it up to belly level to get the crotch strap on safely.
    Thank you for your input. 
  • ehowa499 said:
    @RosieMommy2016 heads up that those sleepers don't work too well with car seats. You'd have to pull it up to belly level to get the crotch strap on safely.
    Thank you for your input. 

You could probably just pop a pair of little pants on your LO too, so when you pull up the sleeper for the car seat, LO's legs will be covered. 
  • So maybe this is silly, but does anyone find out the sex beforehand and then pack an outfit for the opposite sex just in case? I suppose it's a bit rare to have your ultrasound be wrong these days. Personally if I wasn't on Team Green and I had a baby the opposite of what I expected, I'd think it was hilarious. Wonder how many boys have gone home in pink and girls in blue . . . 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So maybe this is silly, but does anyone find out the sex beforehand and then pack an outfit for the opposite sex just in case? I suppose it's a bit rare to have your ultrasound be wrong these days. Personally if I wasn't on Team Green and I had a baby the opposite of what I expected, I'd think it was hilarious. Wonder how many boys have gone home in pink and girls in blue . . . 
    My BIL and SIL had this happen to them with their first baby! They were told during the ultrasound that it was a boy, but they ended up having a girl! We thought it was a joke when they called from the hospital, but nope! Everything they had from their registry/baby shower was blue and a lot of it was embroidered with the boy name on it! They returned what they could. They had two more girls after that so they never got to use their embroidered items!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ClaireBear90 for our first we were team green and definitely brought 2 outfits - my aunt crocheted two beautiful sweater-hat-blanket combos, so we brought both with us : )
    I was so happy we're having a girl this time so all her hard work wasn't wasted!
  • This is beatiful! Where did you get this from I would love to get this as well! 
  • Hi! I love this! Who makes it or where did you get it? Congrats on your baby!!
  • ejverre said:
    So maybe this is silly, but does anyone find out the sex beforehand and then pack an outfit for the opposite sex just in case? I suppose it's a bit rare to have your ultrasound be wrong these days. Personally if I wasn't on Team Green and I had a baby the opposite of what I expected, I'd think it was hilarious. Wonder how many boys have gone home in pink and girls in blue . . . 
    My BIL and SIL had this happen to them with their first baby! They were told during the ultrasound that it was a boy, but they ended up having a girl! We thought it was a joke when they called from the hospital, but nope! Everything they had from their registry/baby shower was blue and a lot of it was embroidered with the boy name on it! They returned what they could. They had two more girls after that so they never got to use their embroidered items!
    Oh my goodness! I never thought about personalized items. The problems we Team Greeners don't have to worry about!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ejverre said:
    So maybe this is silly, but does anyone find out the sex beforehand and then pack an outfit for the opposite sex just in case? I suppose it's a bit rare to have your ultrasound be wrong these days. Personally if I wasn't on Team Green and I had a baby the opposite of what I expected, I'd think it was hilarious. Wonder how many boys have gone home in pink and girls in blue . . . 
    Oh my goodness! I never thought about personalized items. The problems we Team Greeners don't have to worry about!
    My parents were told I was going to be a boy! I wore all blue/boy outfits for the first 3 months! I think it's funny now, but I can't imagine having my little boy in a few weeks only to find out he's a she! Eek!!! 
  • We went with this one to bring home and hospital pictures since so close to Valentine's Day
  • Melodyags said:
    We went with this one to bring home and hospital pictures since so close to Valentine's Day
    Congratulations to you by the way! She is beautiful :love: 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe ? Havnt put much thought into it yet - I like plain and or classic so this spoilt baby will be in a lot of Ralph Lauren because they do such muted colors. 
  • I packed a couple in case of unexpected size or weather or well, anything. The gray onesie is our first choice, it's the outfit we bought the day we found out we were having a girl. I still need to get socks, mittens, and a cap to match!
  • That cream knitted cardigan is soooo on point !!!!  @lanatalia
  • lanatalia said:
    I cannot decide on an outfit so I packed all of this stuff. ..I am leaning towards the cream cardigan and squirrel pants for the ride home.

Girrrrrrrrrl, that's a lot of clothes!  Just remember, meconium poop stains are the hardest to get out of clothes, so if your LO has an accidental car seat blow in his nice outfit.... :) But yes, that cream cardigan and patterned pants are ADORABLE.  Where did you find them?
  • I've always heard to take one newborn and one 3 month outfit too, but even my 8lb'ers wore newborn clothes for a few weeks so I feel pretty comfortable taking only newborn items.  However some brands run small (gerber and anything fitted like jammies from Gymboree for example), so I'd just use your best judgement.  If she turns out huge you could always have DH grab a 3 month size outfit from home.

• Another lazy bum here too.  This with some booties I knit.  I only own a handful of newborn clothes, all hand-me-downs from my sister.  DS was over 9 lbs and never fit in them, and the doctor estimates this one will be the same.  Better too big than too small!

Anniversary

• @smushi lol I swear I couldn't help it. The cardigan and booties are from petit bateau and the pants/onesie have squirrels on them and I got them on clearance at Gap. We live in the country on a lot of property so it just seemed fitting that he would wear French clothes mixed with squirrels. 
  • lanatalia said:
    @smushi lol I swear I couldn't help it. The cardigan and booties are from petit bateau and the pants/onesie have squirrels on them and I got them on clearance at Gap. We live in the country on a lot of property so it just seemed fitting that he would wear French clothes mixed with squirrels. 
    Forgive me as I'm genuinely curious as a lover of all things French but how is it "fitting" for him to wear French clothes? Honestly wondering. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lanatalia said:
    @smushi lol I swear I couldn't help it. The cardigan and booties are from petit bateau and the pants/onesie have squirrels on them and I got them on clearance at Gap. We live in the country on a lot of property so it just seemed fitting that he would wear French clothes mixed with squirrels. 
    I also live in the country on a lot of property, complete with a river and woods. I am confused what that has to do with French clothing and squirrels? Oh yeah, maybe it's because it's a just a farm... The cattle mooing outside just reminded me.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"