June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    HBamama2B said:
    But that 3rd tri post- you have to work to be that bad!!! Yeesh. Definitely dirty underwear.
    That one was pretty bad.  The ones that get me are people who write tht instead of that (or any other short versions of words) Is it really that much of a time saver to ignore the "a"?? I know that I read it the way they want me to but it still makes me batty

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    Holy poop. Was watching 'One born every minute' w/ DH for L&D and Grandma A straight up kneed Grandma B in the face MMA style! Who does that?!?! O.0
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guise! GUISE! There's another thread about elective induction on third tri. It's not great, but hey, if you're bored!
    Totally read that one - it has to be MUD, no? 
  • Options
    CourtJack said:
    Guise! GUISE! There's another thread about elective induction on third tri. It's not great, but hey, if you're bored!
    Ugh. And there's already a name calling wk.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @parsonsperson walked around Clayton a couple times today, for Starbucks and scenery :wink: this evening has been glorious! Windows open!
  • Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited February 2016
    CourtJack said:
    Ugh. And there's already a name calling wk.
    Yeah, that seemed like MUD, maybe Bc it came so soon after the other post. I just crawled out of the rabbit hole of the "Hair Cry Fest" post and the trail of BSC leading from it.

ETA:

• Options
    I missed all the good stuff!!! Why do all the happening threads get censored while I'm out and about attempting to adult? Lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    On the spelling issue, I actually have a coworker who is fairly new to our office and fresh out of law school. He sent me a bunch of deliverables with numerous spelling errors, so I started reminding him about spellcheck. He actually said, "But that's what you're for." :|

if you're too lazy to spell, I automatically think you're wearing dirty underwear. Idk why, but I do.

@sdnybrk bravo. My future self will take a page out of your book!!! Well earned mama! 

What the actual fuck?  Where does he get off thinking this?  This is why I hate lawyers (and I'm a lawyer).  
  • Options
    CourtJack said:
    Read that one too. OP called them Nazi's!? So entertaining!
  • Options
    I'm all for the warm spring weather but it was 83 here yesterday (Austin, TX) which makes me wonder how miserably hot this summer is gonna be. :/ 
  • Options
    @MrsAlliKat thank goodness the clothes in stores aren't modeled by cute babies like this guy or I would buy every outfit! My little brother wore something similar to this as a baby and my mom still had it! I'm taking it and my baby will wear it no matter the sex. :). (No bow tie on mine)
  • Options
    My new obsession for baby clothes is the ARC. I have found a ton of nice lightly used clothing for $3 or under a peice. Plus the money goes to charity.
  • Options
    You guise...
    H & I went to a wing place for dinner last night, & I got a "Taco Supreme Poutine." I guess it would be the Canadian equivalent to those Tatchos...Mmmm. I would endure the heartburn everyday if it meant that could be a staple in my diet! 

Omg that sounds so good. Is it sort of like a fry supreme from Taco Bell?

there's a local Poutine place here that has something called a "party Poutine" with seasoned ground beef, sour cream, green onion, hot sauce, and cheese curds and gravy of course. It is SO GOOD.
  • Options
    I'm going to have to stop coming into this thread. EVERY TIME there is a new food recipe that sounds delicious and not at all healthy. Ack, you ladies are killing me.
  • Options
    And now I'm eating oreo ice cream. I blame you all.
  • Options
    You guise...
    H & I went to a wing place for dinner last night, & I got a "Taco Supreme Poutine." I guess it would be the Canadian equivalent to those Tatchos...Mmmm. I would endure the heartburn everyday if it meant that could be a staple in my diet! 

Omg that sounds so good. Is it sort of like a fry supreme from Taco Bell?

there's a local Poutine place here that has something called a "party Poutine" with seasoned ground beef, sour cream, green onion, hot sauce, and cheese curds and gravy of course. It is SO GOOD.
    Very similar! I told H that it was like that, only 100x better, lol!
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Oh my gosh. Cheese curds. Yummmmm 
  • Options
    I want to decorate our play room.  Nothing over the top, but a few little things here or there.  I don't know where to start--I'm not redoing a nursery (and then we only painted and bought a bedding set that came with some wall hangings) and I'm not a very artistic kind of a person.  
    Ideas? Suggestions? Should I start my own thread?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    alysemcialysemci member
    edited February 2016
    April 14 had a randoms thread titled "longest thread ever" when I was in it but I can't remember how long it was.. I might go check now 

update: they started a new random thoughts thread not too long ago, I'm not sure what happened to the original but it was ridiculously long. This new one is 1.5k
  • Options
    PBear93 said:
    I want to decorate our play room.  Nothing over the top, but a few little things here or there.  I don't know where to start--I'm not redoing a nursery (and then we only painted and bought a bedding set that came with some wall hangings) and I'm not a very artistic kind of a person.  
    Hmm, first thoughts for small changes with big impact: switch out curtains (if there's a window), decorative storage, wall art with kid(s) photos, framed kid(s) drawings, prints, area rug?
  • Options
    April 14 had a randoms thread titled "longest thread ever" when I was in it but I can't remember how long it was.. I might go check now 

update: they started a new random thoughts thread not too long ago, I'm not sure what happened to the original but it was ridiculously long. This new one is 1.5k
    Yes their old random thread was insane. I remember trying to jump in and just trying to get to the last page (not even reading, just flicking through) took forever. Also hi from April 14!
  • Options
    Why do so many bumpies have "Mugatu" from the movie "Zoolander" in their siggy? Is there some sort of inside joke I'm not in on?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    crdo said:
    PBear93 said:
    Hmm, first thoughts for small changes with big impact: switch out curtains (if there's a window), decorative storage, wall art with kid(s) photos, framed kid(s) drawings, prints, area rug?
    Oooh, I like the idea of framing some of her artwork to hang on the wall.  And there aren't any curtsins to begin with.  We are converting the old guest room to a play room (we moved a few rooms around when we made my daughter a big girl room) so I'm starting from basically nothing--I just have the toy storage from before we switched rooms.  

• Options
    @PBear93 I've seen cute tutorials on how to make a giant bulletin board that's framed -- then you can swap the artwork in/out as you get new stuff. Or, I've seen tutorials where an entire accent wall is transformed into a cork board so you can fill it with art and pictures. Sounds better than I'm describing it. CC-ing all of @crdo's suggestions -- area rug (even over carpet, if that's what you have) makes a big impact, framed prints, organized/colourful storage, paint the walls, maybe invest in a kid-sized craft/art table. The Ikea Kallax units are handy and you get cute storage baskets for them.
  • Options
    So I got home went to the laundry room (outside) after cleaning all the weekly laundry and fell literally by doing a kneeling split into the mud. I thought I was clever by cutting off the distance by using the hill instead of the stairs. My cell fell screen first into the mud and I was totally covered in cold wet mud.

Funny part was baby started kicking like crazy almost as if to say "do it again" glad he was ok and lessons learned don't be lazy use the stairs. Doh!!!!! 
  • Options
    @PBear93 we use this for our kids' artwork and you can make it as long as you need: https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/60075295/

it's supposed to be a curtain "rod," but it's perfect for art and actual photos.

these are the hooks to use: 
    https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80212201/

I also got a cube organizer from target with the fabric bins and sorted toys by type and then took pics of what goes in each bin and taped it both to the bin and the shelf it belongs on. I'm not Type A at all ;)
  • Options
    PBear93 said:
    Pinterest will be your best friend. I had issues with putting together my daughters room and I ended up getting all my ideas from there. Literally search playroom and you will find so much.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    Did he win NH?!
  • Options
    catherinekatecatherinekate member
    edited February 2016
    @DeePaddy24 Re: Trump -- have you see the Cape Breton fake tourism ads? Hilarious. https://cbiftrumpwins.com/#intro
  • Options
    Did he win NH?!
    SC - but that fact that he has enough supporters to win anything legitimately terrifies me. 
  • Options
    I swear to god if I have to tell one more person it's not ok to name their baby Aryan I'm going to snap
  • Options
    Anyone else's boobs leaking yet?...... This is getting quite ridiculous, annoying and embarrassing all in one. No wonder my right one was so cold this morning teaching classes. -_-

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @deepaddy24, it scares me too. 

@mamanicoleof3 he won Nevada.  SC caucus is next Saturday.  

• Options
    Clearly I've been paying attention to politics lately ;) I couldn't remember which was yesterday and what was still coming up. But for real. Trump? Why?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"