July 2016 Moms

FFFC: confess!!

Re: FFFC: confess!!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes to hating weird cutesy genitalia euphemisms and the word potty. Why not just learn the correct terminology the first time? 
  • @BostonBaby1 yes!!!! Oh man! I was semi freaking out about what to do with a penis (circumcision or not), so I am pretty relieved this one doesn't have one. 

My FFFC is I got married in October and still haven't sent out thank you notes for my bridal shower or wedding. I feel like an ass! 
    I got married in July. We were like "Oh, they'll be Christmas cards! ... They'll be New Year's cards... Valentine's Day cards!" Hell at this point, they'll just be "'We finally sent cards' cards" lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @Kellyj103 She would tell me things like I was supposed to be a boy (I'm the eldest child of her only son) or I would get socks for Christmas and my brother and cousins would get toys, things like that. I never had much of a retort because I was a kid, I just cried because my grandma didn't like me. Thankfully I am super close with my other grandma and she more than makes up the love
  • @KASG I totally get what you're saying. My in laws do not have a relationship with DD and I'm totally dreading them that this little nugget is a boy. I just know they will treat him differently than my DD and that's so not fair. I am in no way disappointed that it's a boy.....I just don't want to deal with my kids seeing their grandparents favoring one over the other. 

My FFFC.....totally had jelly beans and pretzels for lunch today. Oh well. 
  • @Weville  I'm my mom's only child and this will be her first grandchild. Judging by how she treats my dog, if my in laws aren't over-the-moon about our baby, MY mom sure will be!

Me: 28
    TTC #1 since marriage

• @Weville that is terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thank goodness for your other grandma!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• We call the penis a ding. My husband is a doctor haha we should use the correct terms. Eh whatever :) 
  • I have to confess that I haven't needed to buy maternity jeans yet, but am on the brink of...and by the end of the day, I have to unbutton my jeans in order to sit comfortably lol 
  • @PhoebeJune1984, I get #2. That is how I felt with this one.  My first two are  girls, this is our last one. I am excited and sad at the same time.
  • 1. We have always used correct terms for body parts with our daughter. It horrifies my family members if she happens to say "vagina" around them. We also flat out say that it is a "fart", not "toot" or anything cutesy. 

2. Someone did post a gender disappointment thread earlier. We probably don't have a lot right now, because most are still waiting for their anatomy scan. I am Team Green and I feel a little disappointment this go 'round, which I didn't have the first time I was Team Green. Its not that I want to have one sex over another, but I feel like there will be a little disappointment with both. I have a girl.....I will never get to experience raising a son and my husband's last name will end (he is the last one to carry it on). We have a boy....we won't get to reuse any of DD's super cute clothing and stuff that we have saved for 4 years and I am emotionally attached to, and DD won't have a sister to have that sister-sister relationship. Overall, of course we want happy and healthy, but being that it will most likely be our last, there is that little ping of disappointment either way. 

My confession is that if I poop during the day, I pretty much consider that a successful day and don't give a rats a** what happens the rest of the day. I crapped today....today, was a successful day......
    I feel this way too @PhoebeJune1984 - We have DD and this baby is our last, also team green. I feel like I really want another girl, for the convenience of reusing clothes and for DD to have the sister-sister relationship. But then I really want a boy so that we can experience being parents to a boy, and DD can have that brother-sister relationship (I'm close to both my sisters and my brother). It's a weird feeling
  • I have my anatomy scan on Wednesday and am hope, hope hoping for a girl. We both are. All pregnancy long we have felt like its a girl and have seen or heard our girl's name everywhere. There are so many reasons for why we would prefer a girl over a boy that goes beyond adorable clothes and decor, which I feel like people think is the reason why I want one. That's not the case. I am trying not to feel disappointment so that if it is a boy come Wednesday, I can be happy regardless. I am feeling a lot of guilt for wanting one over the other, because ultimately it matters if they're healthy. 
  • I'm planning my own baby shower.

Not really, but it feels like it. My Mom and MIL are planning a joint shower, and they will not make any plans without running every detail by me. They just sent me a bunch of websites to review so I can pick an invite for them, and a copy of the menu options to pick from. They have the best of intentions, so i feel bad complaining..  But their phone calls, texts, emails, and follow ups are stressing me out!
  • I have my anatomy scan on Wednesday and am hope, hope hoping for a girl. We both are. All pregnancy long we have felt like its a girl and have seen or heard our girl's name everywhere. There are so many reasons for why we would prefer a girl over a boy that goes beyond adorable clothes and decor, which I feel like people think is the reason why I want one. That's not the case. I am trying not to feel disappointment so that if it is a boy come Wednesday, I can be happy regardless. I am feeling a lot of guilt for wanting one over the other, because ultimately it matters if they're healthy. 
    My friends brother and his wife were both hoping for a girl. They wanted nothing to do with a boy and pretty much made it known. Imagine their surprise when they did their sex reveal, and they are having a boy. They were devastated and had to hide their disappointment. Now, several weeks later, they are use to the fact that they are having a boy, but how awkward for everyone who was there, that knew how badly they wanted a girl. If you think that will happen, and it would take you awhile to adjust to having a boy (if it is a boy), I wouldn't have a sex reveal party.  

I use to nanny girls and when my boss told me she was pregnant, I jokingly said "It better be a girl...because I only nanny girls!" I was joking for the most part, but little boys terrified me. She had a boy, and that little turkey (even with a hellish 5 months of colic), was so awesome! 
  • @PhoebeJune1984 thank you! Yes, we are finding out privately at our anatomy scan, and then doing the reveal party more for friends and family that just wanted to have a get together lol! I know I will be in love with my baby regardless and the disappointment will fade if it isn't a girl. :)
  • @BostonBaby1 I'm with you, after my loss, I just want a health baby. I do not have any preferences. We are going to find out just because we want to be able to plan the nursery and buy clothes and stuff. 

Our friends had a gender reveal party and the dad had a fit when he found out it was a girl. A full on fit for like 15 minutes and then he started pounding the liquor. It was so sad and disappointing to see his reaction to be like that and it totally ruined the party. However, 6 months later he is completely in love with his baby girl which makes me very happy and relieved!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• I have to confess that I haven't needed to buy maternity jeans yet, but am on the brink of...and by the end of the day, I have to unbutton my jeans in order to sit comfortably lol 
    Pull the trigger, girl!
  • Where are your favorites from? @givemepenguinss my one friend suggested motherhood maternity, but I don't want to spend a ton of money.
  • @jlmartinez517 I have pairs from Gap, H&M, and Old Navy. I think the H&M ones fit the best (but I had to size up by 1 size). Not all H&M stores carry maternity, and if they do they don't have tons of stock, but you could try a few things on and then order online. H&M also has really cute organic baby basics!

I'm happy with all three of those brands. And this is my second pregnancy, and the jeans are all still holding up.
  • @kellyj103 Thats sad! Especially since when there are a lot of people watching it all go down, its kind of burned into their brain how he reacted. There are some Youtube sex reveals where you can see the disappointed look on the MTB's face sometimes when it shows they are having a boy. There is even one with twins, where the first one is a boy and there is some cheering, but then its revealed that the second one is a girl, and all of the female family members lose their sh*t....screaming, yelling, etc. Part of me wonders, if they would have reacted that way if #2 was revealed to be another boy? I would feel a little bummed if I was the boy, looking at the reactions later, I would feel like everyone was more excited about my twin sister. I could be totally wrong, and they could have just been thrilled to be having one of each, but I do still wonder. One that I watched, the lady surprised her husband with the sex, and he pulled a girl outfit out of the gift bag and was pissed. After throwing out a few cuss words and sitting there throwing himself a little pity party like a two year old, I thought "Why would you want the whole world to be able to see that your spouse is ungrateful, or for your future child to see it?" Meanwhile, while he is sitting there looking like he wanted to kill somebody, the rest of the people in the room were all laughing over the fact that it was a girl and he was disappointed. I really wish I had marked the video, so I could link it in this post.  
    TTC #1 since marriage

• Lurker from August '16 here...

@Weville I can empathize, my paternal grandmother was convinced that as all her other grandchildren were boy-girl pairs I would be a boy. She never quite forgave me or my mother. I git "boy" gifts for the first 4 years of my life. It has made an interesting set of Christmas ornaments (one of her standard gifts). Oh well...
  • @Kellyj103 @liljabee As an adult it is not a thing that bothers me anymore, it's just one of those things as a kid you don't understand fully. And it would be why I get a pissy at the extreme disappointment people ( I can understand a little gee whiz I'll never get to experience a boy or girl but)