October 2015 Moms

That line on your tummy

Does anyone still have the line on their tummy that they got while they were pregnant? Its three month post-partum today and I still have mine. it's faid a bit but it's still there. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Re: That line on your tummy

• Almost 4 months pp for me and I still have the line.
  • Me too, 4 months pp
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep. It's faded, but it's still there and I could barely see it when I was pregnant. I'll be 4 months pp on the 7th. I remember it taking a while with my first baby too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • swelniakswelniak member
    edited January 2016
    Also, it's called your linea negra :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I can only just see mine now, not sure if this helps but I waxed my belly a few weeks after having baby cause being pregnant made me hairy hahah and I swear after I waxed it was so much lighter
  • I still have mine and asked my midwife about it at my pp appt. She said to give it until six months and then if it was still there and bothers me I could try laser to get rid of it. DD is out first though so I might as well wait until we're done having kids lol
  • 4 months pp, still have mine. It's started to fade and now I'm a little sad! It's like my battle scar. I wouldn't mind it if stuck around.
  • 4 months pp and still have mine. It has faded a tad but is still visible 
  • Never had the line luckily, but postpartum I've developed more brown spots on my belly. They look like moles. Ugly as hell.
  • BHern87 said:
    I still have mine and asked my midwife about it at my pp appt. She said to give it until six months and then if it was still there and bothers me I could try laser to get rid of it. DD is out first though so I might as well wait until we're done having kids lol
    Same here. First baby but once I'm done I'm getting the works. Getting the laser treatment on all lines and stretch marks and some kind of laser/ultrasound stuff done to tighten and firm the belly. I already have the baby I don't need the battle scars to prove it. Yes I'm vain, sorry not sorry.
  • I am 5 months postpartum and I still have it too
  • Mine lasted until about 8 months with my first. I got annoyed at about 6 months and started exfoliating my stomach. I'm not sure if it helped or not, but I doubt it hurt. 
  • What to expect when expecting saids that the line can stick around for about a year after birth.
  • thanks ladies! lol good to know i'm not alone :) it has been fading. I scrub it a lot when showering and I eventually started shaving my belly(seems weird but while pregnant my stomach grew a lot of hair...) and it has been fading more and more. hooray!