1st Trimester

what is your worst symptom this week?

what is your worst symptom this week and how are you dealing with it? 

Im extremely sick and hungry at the same time and can't eat foods with certain textures. It's a curse! I've been blending healthy smoothies it's the only thing I can eat. To make matters worse I have a food adversion to chocolate and all the yummy junk food others are able to take advantage of from time to time. What the heck! Lol 

Re: what is your worst symptom this week?

• Carpel Tunnel!  It's total crap.
  • ballofmeatballofmeat member
    edited February 2016
    I can't believe the acne that has appeared all over my jawline! Add the bloat and I feel like a big unattractive slug this week. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Loading the player...
  • This constant headache:(
  • I get really bad headaches too, they are debilitating
  • Acne and constipation (which hopefully should subside now that I'm done taking Progesterone).

TTC 10/2012
    BFP#1: 03/01/14, EDD 11/14/14, MC 03/06/14, D&C 03/12/14
    BFP#2: 12/13/16, EDD 08/22/16

• The acne slowly went away and it was replaced with horrible horrible heartburns.  The only thing I don't get heartburn from are crackers and white rice. 
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :) 
  • Heartburn!!!! Even something so bland as buttered noodles and a piece of toast for dinner last night did me in... I've been up for about 5 hours now because it got so bad :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The nausea has really kicked in this week!
    Together with being constantly exhausted,  I'm having a rough time functioning. 
  • Wow where do I start... Boobs ouch, even going over a speedbump today I was flinching! Nausea is pretty manageable apart from first thing in a morning before I eat is like being on a rollercoaster!
    Heartburn not fun but gas I think is the worst after I've had lunch I can feel it building through the afternoon and so painful at times, keep going to the loo at work to deflate!! :)
  • 6 wks today. Boobs. Ohhhh the poor boobies. Nipples too. Owie. 

Queezy off and on, the worst is at night. And so bloated with no desire to eat at all. I feel bloated when I wake up, even when my stomach growls from hunger. And then being hungry makes me even more nauseous. Never ending cycle. Blah. 

The constant cramping finally went away, only occasionally now like when I need to pee. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Week seven for me is the worst. I'm beyond sick. Haha my boobs are getting better this week but they hurt bad last week.
  • Quick question... A lot of the aches and sharp shooting pains I had over wk 5 and early 6 have vanished, it's definitely more the nausea, heartburn stuff now! Is that the same for most once week 7 starts?
  • In week 8 and I am now puking every single thing I eat. It is miserable. I am having a really hard time staying hydrated. I am hoping this only last a few more weeks. 
  • Scary, quick stabbing pain in my left hip, localized on my back at the butt dimple (lol best description I have). I stopped sleeping on my left side and only sleeping on back or front and this is helping.
  • Starving yet Barfy at the same time!  
  • Yes! All of these things!! Nausea, heartburn & aching bbs! 
  • @nativetexan512 Sounds like SI joint (sacro iliac) pain -- very common in pregnancy as the ligaments in your pelvis relax and everything shifts a bit. Try having your SO do some light pressure point massage right over that spot, also stretching and some glute exercises might help. 
  • Week 9 has been by far the worst for me. Nausea is horrible. I've been taking unisom since about 6.5, and it has curbed it a bit, but I'm either getting used to it, or the nausea is just that bad. I'm afraid to think how I would feel if I couldn't take anything. Ugh. And for me it gets bad in the afternoon through night time, so if want to get anything done it has to be in the morning. 
  • SLou24  thank you for the tips. It's back again today so I will definitely try these.
  • Constant back ache, anyone else having this problem? I'm 7 weeks.
  • Nasty sour taste in my mouth, coupled with lots of nausea and the occasional puking... I am 7+3.  I just keep eating jolly ranchers, sour patch kids, gum and saltines...fresh fruit and ice cold water helps, too, but I ran out of fruit this morning and I am not sure I can keep my stomach settled for a trip to the store.  Too many smells!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh yes! The constant, disgusting taste in my mouth. Chewing peppermint gum helps. I never had this with my first pregnancy. This ms is by far the worst.
  • @SonyaL9  every dang day...however I cannot decide if it is my bed being too soft or a result of the "cherry" growing....I'm only 10 weeks tomorrow...soooo I feel your pain though.  :/
  • Heartburn, still pretty emotional, bloated which is probably the worst as I feel like a huge barn yard animal, and cannot seem to brush my teeth in the morning, I've succumbed to children's toothpaste. 10 weeks...
  • I'm only 4 weeks ish (just turned a positive) but I have constant cramping. Like kept thinking my period was coming before I took the test. Anyone else? I'm ultra paranoid. 
  • It can be tough to tell that early, but I did have lots of cramping in the beginning from about 5-6.5 weeks.
  • kristah2 said:
    I'm only 4 weeks ish (just turned a positive) but I have constant cramping. Like kept thinking my period was coming before I took the test. Anyone else? I'm ultra paranoid. 
    Literally just posted a thread about this, I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and I too have had pretty bad cramps, I've done some googling and I'm figuring out its all totally normal. Just think about it, your uterus is preparing for a human life, and idk about you but I've had these cramps for almost 3 weeks now and I feel if something was going to happen. Or something was wrong, I would have seen some sort of change by now
  • @kristah2 Try not to worry, I too had frequent period like cramps like you're describing. I found out at 8 DPO (3+1) and cramped all the way through week 4. Once I hit 5 weeks they subsided some and other symptoms started to show. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and only have the occasional cramp/twinge now. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MammaJams & @babymamamegs & @MRSCORKER thank you all for your reassurance!
  • Nausea is so bad, borderline debilitating. Exhausted. Sleeping around 10-12 hours a day. Heartburn, bloating, gas. Hard to be excited about being pregnant when I'm this miserable. And there's 6 more weeks left of my first trimester. Gonna go cry now.
  • Super sore boobs and being super hungry but not wanting anything (if that makes sense). I feel like I'm craving every single food but when I cook it or order it, I can only eat a few bites of it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • babymamamegsbabymamamegs member
    edited March 2016
    I'm terrified of this pregnancy lol. I'm 5 weeks and 3 days today. Nausea is coming along for some short visits, I'm drinking around 2 bottles of water a day but got extremely dehydrated today so I'm going to up it to 5-6. My prenatal vitamins are making me have weird chest problems. I'm slightly constipated, my boobs hurt like a mofo, not really breaking out much more so that's a PLUS. And I'm still really lethargic-feeling. It's going to be so worth it though! 5 days smoke free today as well! :-)
  • @babymamamegs Congrats on 5 days smoke free, that's awesome! Keep it up!!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• 5 weeks-Boobs hurt, I can't even walk down the stairs!  Ouch! And my whole body aches like I've got the flu.  Between that and the constant nausea,  I can't get comfortable. Also, I'm constantly cold, which is odd since I'm generally overheating. When does it end!?
  • I'm only 4 weeks but already have that awful metal taste and smell all day long. Got it with my last pregnancy too. I also have been freezing lately, but then I get a hot flash and feel like I'm in a sauna. There's no happy medium!