February 2016 Moms
Options

James Tyler is here!!

Things have been absolutely crazy so I finally got a chance to type up my birth story! 

Tyler James was born on 2/10 (37w6d). He was 8.49 lbs and 20"

My water broke at 4 am that morning and my contractions started immediately, I labored at home for 2 hours and then went to the hospital at 6 am and got checked in and I was at 3 cm. After 6 hours of labor I was still at 3 cm and completely effaced. My contractions were continuous and I wasn't getting any breaks in between so my anxiety got to me really bad and I started to not be able to breathe. (I knew my anxiety was going to be my biggest hurdle during labor) I started to panic from not being able to relax between contractions so I got a shot of Nubain to relax me so I could focus on my breathing and relax and I went from 3-7 and stalled again at 7 cm so I needed an epidural and small dose of pitocin. I went from 7-10 in 40 minutes and was ready to push. My epidural worked just enough to lighten the pain but still let me feel the contractions so I knew when to push which was perfect! My OB had two patients delivering at the same time so he was in the other girls room so we did some practice pushes, well he started to come out and they were telling me not to push anymore when his head was half out. (Absolutely impossible lol) and they were about to call another OB when my OB came running in just in time. He had a real rough exit, the cord was around his neck and his shoulder got stuck so I had two nurses jump on top of me on the bed to push him out. He came out and his arm was limp and not moving and his heart rate was 260 so they called NICU, but after 40 minutes of them working with him he was ok. While that was going on my placenta was not detaching and I was a minute away from having to go to the OR but it came out! I wanted skin to skin immediately so bad and cried the whole time they were working on him but was able to hold him after an hour. I got a second degree tare that's slowly getting a little better. But we are both doing great now and that's what matters most. He is BFing like a champ so I hope that continues! 

Re: James Tyler is here!!