July 2016 Moms

Week Of 2/15/16 Randoms

Re: Week Of 2/15/16 Randoms

• @rakel88my anatomy scan was pretty lax. We were able to look at the screen the whole time and the techs took us through each thing they were doing and measuring for. While they didn't tell us specific results they did point out all baby's parts. At the end we were given a DVD of part of the ultrasound which was nice. DH stayed in the room the whole time. It's still a little nerve wrecking waiting for the official results though. I agree that some techs are all business and I get it. Sorry your experience wasn't what you expected but I'm sure LO is ok in there. 
  • @Heathereaddy that sounds nice.

I'm ok waiting to hear about the images and stuff, I just had an image in my head of what the appointment would be like and it wasn't that. This is my first and I feel like I'm always just waiting for the next appointment and I thought this one was gonna be AWESOME and it was just meh so I had to check myself lol it's all good though
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so over today. I'm watching a friends kids and I'm about to lose it. 
  • This seriously made my day @elenabrent. I am officially manatee obsessed, I think I need to move to Florida and raise manatee
  • Right @Weville? I want to be swimming inside that manatee rave.

• My random... How often are you ladies feeling your little one kick or move in there?
  • @ashleighhughes a few times a day. Nothing crazy, just some rolling around. Haven't felt an actual kick or anything yet. 

@PinkLady2015 hopefully you get some movement soon! 
  • @PinkLady2015 That's a sympathy "love it."

The baby moves usually when I'm not being active. Like if I sit down for a while in the middle of the day.
  • @MotherOfDucks same... I can feel her move when I'm lying or sitting still. And at night when I'm trying to go to sleep lol. I am 19w6d and I've been feeling her for a couple weeks now. At first I though it was gas but I never passed any gas lol. It just feels like a little butterfly in there flapping its wings haha
  • @ashleighhughes  I'm 19+1 and feeling movement maybe 5 times a day? Its more often in the evening when I'm not doing much. Feelings like someone is tickling me gently in my belly and so far I can't feel it from the outside.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @sboston06 same! I've not been able to feel it from the outside either! I always try though. And it's almost always when I'm resting.

@pinklady2015 I hope you start to feel it soon! It's something so subtle you almost second guess yourself at first. Thinking maybe that was movement? Or maybe that was just gas?? Haha
  • It's very sporadic for me. I can go a couple of days not noticing anything and then I'll feel constant thumps for 5-10 minutes. On average, 5-10 tiny thumps a day. 

Also, I think my kid might just be rude. I don't get flutters or tickles. It feels like a tiny version of a thump. Middle finger pulled tight by thumb and then release and let the middle finger fly back forward. At first, I thought they were muscle spasms. 
  • @elenabrent So showing my husband pictures of baby manatee was not effective in convincing him to move from Canada. Now I need to find cold weather manatee
  • jen11797jen11797 member
    edited February 2016
    @ashleighhughes

A few times a day, which is so exciting. I didn't feel DS kick until I was at 23weeks. (I'm 20 weeks.)

ETA tag
  • @PinkLady2015 I'm with you I think feeling her once has made me more depressed because now I think it may have just been gas...
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• My random... How often are you ladies feeling your little one kick or move in there?
    20W1D and I feel him a lot. Probably 5-6 times a day and mostly when I'm laying down. Today I was at the post office and he was kicking away while I was trying to mail my Dads birthday gift, it was the first time I really felt him when I was out and about doing stuff. 
    I feel baby move quite a bit but this is my second. Several times a day but mostly in the evening when I sit/lay down.  I started feeling baby about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm 20+1 right now. 
  • Is anyone else experiencing what feels like another heart in their abdomen? I'm assuming that it's the placenta moving and pumping blood, but it is SUCH a strong feeling.  
    I sometimes feel like that when I'm laying down but I'm pretty sure I just feel my own heartbeat. Extra blood flow and heart having to work harder and all that jazz..
  • rakel88 said:
    Is anyone else experiencing what feels like another heart in their abdomen? I'm assuming that it's the placenta moving and pumping blood, but it is SUCH a strong feeling.  
    I sometimes feel like that when I'm laying down but I'm pretty sure I just feel my own heartbeat. Extra blood flow and heart having to work harder and all that jazz..
    I'm not sure what you're feeling but there is a huge artery in your abdomen that you can feel the pulse in. With the increased blood flow I was feeling mine all of the time, even picking that up with my fetal Doppler early on. Like @rakel88 said- maybe it's that? 
  • @ashleighhughes I feel mine sporadically. It started with thinking I felt it around 18 weeks, waiting a few days, thinking I felt something again but not being sure, waiting a week... Now at 20+6 I'm feeling it almost daily, but some days I only think I felt it and can't be sure. Today I poked HARD right over my pelvic bone and it poked back. Last Saturday I thought I felt something, lifted my shirt in bed, and DH and I both SAW a poke through the skin! But that's all we ever get. One or two quick movements, then nothing for hours or days. Sometimes it feels like it's rolling or switching positions, but not kicking, but gas feels like that too so I can't really be sure.

@elenabrent Before I wondered for a long time if that pulse was movement or the baby's heart. I think I have some big veins pumping right in the middle under my belly button. I'm assuming it's just part of the "increased blood flow"? Feels like that artery on the side of my neck where I take my pulse, but all of a sudden there's one under the belly button. Weird.
  • @elenabrent I have noticed that too. When I listen to my belly with my stethoscope I can actually hear a heartbeat and I'm not sure if that's the placenta's blood flow or not. I can pretty much feel my pulse all over my torso and head and it's sometimes really annoying like when I'm trying to fall asleep and can tell how fast my pulse is!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • sboston06 said:
    @elenabrent I have noticed that too. When I listen to my belly with my stethoscope I can actually hear a heartbeat and I'm not sure if that's the placenta's blood flow or not. I can pretty much feel my pulse all over my torso and head and it's sometimes really annoying like when I'm trying to fall asleep and can tell how fast my pulse is!
    I read on one of my pregnancy tracker apps that at like 17-18 weeks you can hear baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope so it could be baby's! 
  • @elenabrent I agree with the increased blood flow theory. I can now feel my pulse in my belly, in my thighs, all over. It's weird. 
  • So I had my anatomy scan today, we had two techs but I'm pretty sure one was in training. Anyways, the one was great. She told us what she was doing, what she was looking at and even switched it over to 3D for us. Then the other one randomly took over and started taking a million pictures of his heart while the first one was helping her angle it and they were wispering between the two of them. They never said she was in training or anything but it almost seemed that way, I was already nervous about this scan and now I'm thinking maybe something was wrong. I talk to my midwife on Tuesday but it's going to be alongggg weekend. 
  • @Shelby00519 if it is any comfort they took lots of pictures of the heart in mine as they take it on many different planes and angles since they are very complex and everything turned out fine for me. I even had to go back a second time because she moved too much and they had to get lots of pictures of the heart. 

Hoping everything is fine for you! 

• i think i have officially decided that I hate pregnancy sex.  ugh. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
    This makes me so sad to read!! 

• @Shelby00519I had two techs also. One started just taking pictures of everything then the seemingly more experienced one came in and finished. She took more photos and went through what she was doing. She also told us the sex. Everything was fine with my scan. I don't think you have anything to worry about and one tech was just training. 
  • @Shelby00519 I remember from last pregnancy they looked at the heart forever and from lots of angles, took lots of measurements. It was the most tedious part of the a/s. I think that's standard. Hopefully if there was a concern they would call to talk to you sooner.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Increased blood flow makes sense, I guess I knew there was a big artery there but I've never before been able to feel it. And this pulsing is sometimes so strong that I confuse it for baby movements! If it weren't a clear regular beat I would definitely think it was the baby. It's like having a second heart right behind my bellybutton, but crazier because I can't feel my heart beat inside my chest (without touching my chest with my hand)!

I'm 100% with you. I think it hurts and the idea of having sex makes me want to cry.
  • I think my betta fish is dying! I'm so sad, he's my favorite pet in my crazy house. My cat knocked over his fish vase and he fell off the dining room table. I'm not sure if it was the fall that hurt him or the fact that I didn't have time to adequately change his water. You know, I was rushing to get him in water so I used regular cold tap water. Ugh, he looks like he's popping out of the wrong place (his upper stomach) it's really sad. I want to cry. I would rush him to the vet but than again.... He's a fish. I don't know what to do. On that note, anybody want a mischievous troublesome cat?!
    Yea.. Hasn't been very fun for me either :/ 
  • rakel88 said:
    i think i have officially decided that I hate pregnancy sex.  ugh. 
    Yea.. Hasn't been very fun for me either :/ 
    Ditto
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Increased blood flow makes sense, I guess I knew there was a big artery there but I've never before been able to feel it. And this pulsing is sometimes so strong that I confuse it for baby movements! If it weren't a clear regular beat I would definitely think it was the baby. It's like having a second heart right behind my bellybutton, but crazier because I can't feel my heart beat inside my chest (without touching my chest with my hand)!
    Yes .. All of this!