February 2016 Moms
Options

Travel advice after csection...

I have a close friends wedding about 3 weeks after my second baby's scheduled csection. What are your thoughts on traveling either driving (12 hours) or flying (2hours) 3 weeks postpartum? I had a tough recovery with my first csection, but don't remember the timing of recovery. Thanks! (I am also thinking about staying home

Re: Travel advice after csection...

• Options
    Depends on how well you heal. I'm 3 weeks pp today and would be just fine traveling that far.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've never had a c section but we were faced with the same type of travel (12 hr drive or 2 hour flight) and after talking to the pediatrician we decided it'd be best if I just stayed home. The pediatrician was not a fan of the germs on a plane with a newborn- anytime really but especially this time of year (RSV, flu etc) and he didn't recommend that long of a drive with a newborn either. So, hubby attended his fathers funeral alone and I'm home. It sucks but I feel good about our decision. 

I I would talk to your ob as well as pediatrician and get their advice. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PP said, I'd be more concerned about taking a 3wk old. From a physical standpoint, I think think you'd be ok either way, as long as someone else was traveling with you, since you won't be able to lift the bags and such. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker