March 2016 Moms

Wedding 2 weeks post partum

Gah!  I just realized we have a wedding to attend when I'll be ~2 weeks post partum.  I got a babysitter for the older 3 and I'll bring the baby with us, but zomg what am I going to wear!  I don't have dressy maternity clothes, so I'm thinking I'll just have to go out the day before and find something in a larger size in a forgiving cut.  And also some spanx lol.  Anyone else in a similar situation??
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding 2 weeks post partum

• black pants, nice maternity shirt?
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I probably would never look at those pictures from that wedding (or just burn them like the awful ones I took from junior high). Hopefully the wedding is warm enough that you can wear a long skirt and a nice nursing top?  I remember my feet were still swelling a few weeks postpartum and couldn't fit into any shoes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a wedding to attend this weekend and I got a high waisted dress at Ross and it looks awesome and was pretty inexpensive.
  • While I'd be freaking out too, the logical way to think about it is that no one will even notice what you have on at the wedding because all they'll care to see is the baby. ;) 

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• 2-Step2-Step member
    edited February 2016
    I have a school auction that I did a ton of work for that is 19 days after my scheduled c-section. I still haven't 100% decided if I am going because I can't take the baby, but my mom lives about 5 minutes away from the location so I might drop in. I plan to wear a shift dress that I bought when I was about 4 months along. I wore it to a wedding and then again to a Christmas party at 7 months and I think it will be perfect postpartum. I like it because it's stylish, but completely covers all the squishy parts. It looks like this, but mine is a little longer: 

https://www.lulus.com/products/perfect-situation-black-long-sleeve-shift-dress/205058.html?gclid=CI_-4-fp-soCFZGIaQodUFcHDg

I bought it a size bigger so it is really really flowy too. My only concern for you in this would be nursing. I bet you could find one that is more of a v-neck though. 

Maybe something like this:
    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lush-karly-shift-dress/3887088?cm_mmc=Google_Product_Ads_pla_online-_-datafeed-_-women:dresses:dress-_-893265&country=US&currency=USD&mr:referralID=61511ff2-d434-11e5-94ab-0050569451e5&gclid=CJ7C9Ivq-soCFQIOaQodd-cPdA

Add black matte tights and black ankle boots with a small heel and a long necklace and you would be covered up but still stylish and comfy. You also won't have to worry about exactly what size you'll be because its so flowy. I don't know about you, but I always hate the way I look in pants postpartum. Dresses are much more forgiving so I would be looking for a nice nursing dress no matter what. 

• @2-Step those are super cute, thanks for the suggestions!  Are they super short, or are you comfortable wearing them with tights?
  • @FutureMrsCaesar  I have the one from Nordstrom in several colors and it's not super short but I'm only 5'3". I loved that it's double layered and flows so it hides everything nicely. I wore it to a wedding at 6 months pregnant and you honestly couldn't even tell I was pregnant.  
  • @FutureMrsCaesar I don't have that Lulu one exactly. I think I got mine at Macy's on the rack and it is longer than the one shown on the model, maybe like a little bit past mid-thigh. I would try that one though, sometimes those tiny models are 5'10" and wearing a size 0 so they look a lot shorter than the size a normal person would buy. I have one like the nordstrom one too, its from there, but I'm not sure it's the same one because mine isn't double layered like pper says. It's definitely long enough and I'm 5'7". The matte tights make it easier to have something a tad shorter than you would normally wear too.
  • I'm due March 20th. (Measuring a week behind and I'm sure I'll be a week late) and my brother gets married April 30th. I also have no clue what I'm going to wear. :/
  • Buy a dress now you think would work but save the receipt. Then you can return it if you happen to find something you like between birth and wedding? I also like the pants/nice shirt suggestion.
  • That's what I decided to do, I ordered the one PP recommended from Norstrom and this one also just in one size up.  Hopefully one of them will work!  I doubt I'll have a lot of time to go out trying dresses on after baby arrives, especially with my older 2 off of school the entire week before Easter!
    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-print-jersey-shift-dress-regular-petite/3925029?cm_mmc=email_tran-_-021716-_-ship_confirm-_-productimg3
    I've gained ~25lbs so I think I should be okay fitting into one size up, I just don't want anything form fitting.  Cause, yeah, that won't be pretty!
  • Oh gosh! Try and find a dress maybe that's looser on top and tighter on bottom to hide the recovering belly? Or you can get a nice loose top and wear a tighter skirt or pants with it. But loose tops is the way to go. Depending how formal the wedding is (like if you are required to wear a fancy dress or you can wear a shirt and skirt and look fine) I'd just make sure you find something flattering. Maybe look for something in your closet that you wore towards the beginning of your pregnancy when you only had a small bump?