Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Hcg=210 @5 weeks. Is it a chemical or ectopic?

Sarah1516Sarah1516 member
edited February 2016 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Today is exactly 5 weeks. 4 days ago the Hcg was 33. It is doubling normally but Doctor said it is too low for 5 weeks.

Anyone has similar experience? Does it end with a chemical or ectopic pregnancy.

I am very worried right now. Outrasound is next Wednesday to see if there is a sac. 

Re: Hcg=210 @5 weeks. Is it a chemical or ectopic?

• These are really questions for your doctor. Did they say it isn't a viable pregnancy? Your HSG levels are doubling at the normal rate - it seems odd that they'd say the pregnancy isn't progressing normally.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Sounds to me like a normally progressing pregnancy. I'm under the impression that ectopics frequently have very high hCG that bounces around. Your hCG is supposed to double and that's roughly what yours is doing. 

If it's chemical, your period will be only a few days late. I don't think there's any reason to believe that's what's going to happen here though.

Keep taking your folic acid. While it slightly reduces the risk of miscarriage, it's taken more to help prevent spina bifida. It's not going to drag out an unviable pregnancy, and it's very important for a viable one. 

Your numbers do sound a bit low, but not excessively so, and the more important thing is that they're doubling. Many women have been terrified by healthcare personnel remarking on low numbers, only to go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you all. My bbt has dropped from 99f yesterday to 97.9f this morning. I am hoping my AF is coming soon.