1st Trimester

Did anyone have super early symptoms?

I have a 5 yr old.  We've been TTC on and off with no success for 3 yrs. since my daughter was two.  I have ovulation issues, cysts etc.  Recently, my OB put me on Pregnitude and Maca supplements to see if that would help before trying Clomid again.  Last Monday 1/25, I had a positive OPK test.  So hubby and I got at it - lol.  Since Wed. last week I've been on and off nauseous, boobies killed when I got in the shower yesterday and this am my gums were bleeding when I brushed.  I realize this is all SUPER early in the process, but is it even possible they are signs of pregnancy?  Did anyone have symptoms so early on (literally 2DPO)?

Re: Did anyone have super early symptoms?

• have you tried taking a test first?
  • Loading the player...
  • You wouldn't have pregnancy symptoms two days after ovulation, unless that wasn't actually your ovulation date. If you're pregnant enough to be experiencing symptoms, you're pregnant enough to turn a test.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Never ceases to amaze me that people will post on message boards before they take tests.

But if you are truly 2DPO, you aren't pregnant yet.
  • Say you ovulated when you think you did, say sperm met egg already. That fertilized egg would not have implanted into your uterus yet.  The rest of your body does not even know that sperm has met egg until implantation happens.  Pretty sure that wouldn't happen until at least 7 dpo.  You're probably just paying way more close attention to your body because you're TTC.  I would look for other causes - if your gums are bleeding perhaps you need to be brushing/flossing more often.

Also I just HAVE to LOL at the word "boobies".  I don't believe I have ever heard an adult use that word to describe breasts.
  •  I have a 5 yr old.  We've been TTC on and off with no success for 3 yrs. since my daughter was two.  I have ovulation issues, cysts etc.  Recently, my OB put me on Pregnitude and Maca supplements to see if that would help before trying Clomid again.  Last Monday 1/25, I had a positive OPK test.  So hubby and I got at it - lol.  Since Wed. last week I've been on and off nauseous, boobies killed when I got in the shower yesterday and this am my gums were bleeding when I brushed.  I realize this is all SUPER early in the process, but is it even possible they are signs of pregnancy?  Did anyone have symptoms so early on (literally 2DPO)?

No QFP, people?? 
    OP, what everyone else said is correct. It's beyond too early to feel symptoms. Symptoms are just a secondary sign anyway; until you can turn a HPT, you are not considered pregnant at this time. Good luck. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glow360Glow360 member
    edited February 2016
    Step 1. Go buy test
    Step 2. Give urine test
    step 2. Evaluate results

This is will officially tell you yes or no

in my opinion no you are not pregnant. 
  • Sorry you are having a hard time conceiving OP it is stressful and makes it hard to wait but nothing people can tell you hear applies at all to your pregnancy and you are far to early for any symptoms sadly. 

Take a test and I hope you get good results 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• No one caught the Clomid and an OB part?

OP - please don't take Clomid (or other fertility drugs) from an OB.  They don't do the proper monitoring and you could be risking your future fertility.  
  • bsckgb7 said:
    No one caught the Clomid and an OB part?

OP - please don't take Clomid (or other fertility drugs) from an OB.  They don't do the proper monitoring and you could be risking your future fertility.  
    Yes good point! OP make sure that if you take Clomid you are being properly monitored. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I have a 5 yr old.  We've been TTC on and off with no success for 3 yrs. since my daughter was two.  I have ovulation issues, cysts etc.  Recently, my OB put me on Pregnitude and Maca supplements to see if that would help before trying Clomid again.  Last Monday 1/25, I had a positive OPK test.  So hubby and I got at it - lol.  Since Wed. last week I've been on and off nauseous, boobies killed when I got in the shower yesterday and this am my gums were bleeding when I brushed.  I realize this is all SUPER early in the process, but is it even possible they are signs of pregnancy?  Did anyone have symptoms so early on (literally 2DPO)?

no
  • What you are experiencing can be mostly caused by the surge of progesterone you get right after
    ovulation. progesterone is what cause the lovely PMS. Unfortunately PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are really similar. But from my experience real pregnancy symptoms appeared at 5-6 weeks so like 21-28DPO
  • I did, looking back... However, I wasn't tempting, tracking my periods for any other purpose of making sure I didn't bleed through my pants, AND I was on my honeymoon, getting my drank on. So my symptoms were literally all from slowly drowning my liver and kidneys. And the mass amounts of "activities" my husband and I were.... Doing.... Lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had really sore breasts right during and after ovulation.  It was my first month off the pill and my guess is my body wasn't expecting the progesterone surge so it had a huge reaction with nausea, sore breasts, the whole enchilada (speaking of which, an enchilada sounds amazing right now).  I ended up being pregnant but didn't get a positive test for another 9 days because the egg didn't make it to my uterus and start releasing hormones until then.  If you're on some type of supplements to increase fertility, my guess is that your hormones are just different than a normal cycle so you're feeling their effects more.  If you really want, you can take a test but I personally wouldn't waste my money yet unless you've got a stash of internet cheapies to burn through.  Implantation doesn't happen until 6-12 dpo and it takes a few days for HCG to build enough to cause symptoms and a positive test.  
  • I did! Not exactly 2 days PO, but within a few days to a week I started feeling "off." Although I didnt have the usual symptoms (breast tenderness, fatigue), I still had what I believe were pregnancy symptoms :smile:  
    Married: 9/1/14
    TTC: 1/1/16
    Found out we were expecting baby #1!: 2/12/16
    Baby "Lefty" due: 10/26/16

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Welcome to progesterone. Please google it and the lovely symptoms that pesky hormone gives, regardless of pregnancy status.

Therefore, it your are NOT feeling pregnancy signs (which is HCG) but progestrone signs.