August 2015 Moms
Options

how much solids is baby eating? favorite foods?

DS is now 5.5 months and we started with solids just after Christmas. It was a slow start at first but now he really likes rice cereal squash and apples. He can eat an entire stage 1 jar at a feeding or about 4TB of cereal ( right now we only give him food with breakfast). How much food is your baby eating?
DS 8/13/15 
Blessed  <3o:)

Re: how much solids is baby eating? favorite foods?

• Options
    I'm just doing 1 2oz serving a day. I started with rice cereal and he wasn't into it plus it made his poops a little firm and I don't want him getting constipation. He loves sweek potatoes and he likes peas. I'm going to try zucchini and squash next and I think I'll bring in fruits after that. Then I figure I'll do a fruit at breakfast and vegetable for dinner by the time he's 6 months.
  • Options
    L adores his fruit purée. He has replaced his lunch bottle with a 2oz serving.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boy will be 6 months next week and we do oatmeal  and fruit in the am (probably about 2oz fruit and 1oz oatmeal ) and veggies and cereal in the evening. He still gets a full feeding about an hour after both so it's not replacing the breastmilk 
  • Options
    ksimon23 said:
    My boy will be 6 months next week and we do oatmeal  and fruit in the am (probably about 2oz fruit and 1oz oatmeal ) and veggies and cereal in the evening. He still gets a full feeding about an hour after both so it's not replacing the breastmilk 
    Do you mix the fruit and cereal together or feed them separate?
  • Options
    I put them in the same bowl on each half and do each bite with a little of both together. When he starts to get full or slow down I only do just the fruit or veggie side to make sure he gets all of the good stuff and not as much "filler" (cereal or oatmeal). :) 
  • Options
    DD has a tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with a jar of puree fruit as her breakfast then rice cereal with purée veg/meat at night. I still beast feed her about an hour befor each meal. Lunch time is usually just breast milk or sometimes I give a fruit gel as well.
  • Options
    LO will be 6 months on 2/8 and we just did oatmeal cereal for the first time last night. She wasn't a fan.  With her I didn't want to really dive into food too much before 6 months because i wanted to follow the recommendation of 6 months exclusively BFing. However she does seem to be ready for more. I was surprised at how little she enjoyed the cereal but I'm sure it will just take practice. My other two I started around 4 months.  At the store this week I will be picking up a couple veggies to steam and make for her, and maybe she will enjoy the taste of those things better. I 
  • Options
    We tried avacado at about 5 months and she wasn't into it. She will be 6 months Monday and we started with sweet potatoes a little over a week ago, and then did some squash yesterday. Yesterday was the first day she really got the hang of it. We have been doing about two tablespoons.
  • Options
    Lo will be 6 months on Thursday. He eats 4 oz servings three times a day . morning he eats about 3 oz of fruits and 1 oz of cereal ( oatmeal or rice) I replaced his lunch with a vegetable and dinner he has a fruit or vegetable. Lo eats about every 3 hours so I alternate the bottles with the solids his favorites are sweet potatoes and pears
  • Options
    Same as above LO eats solids twice a day and we also alternate bottles and food
  • Options
    We just started yesterday so still experimenting. We're doing BLW so her nutrition still comes from BM; solids aren't replacing any of her feedings at this point yet.
  • Options
    I do oatmeal cereal in the morning and night, and i do 2oz jar of food during lunchtime (he's tried apples, sweet potatos and bananas so far). he still eats 4-5 bottles per day too
  • Options
    Baby food phase is SO fun! I might be enjoying it more than my daughter LOL :D

I started her on rice cereal at four and a half months old. She hated it most likely due to the unfamiliarity of a spoon... After spending a week and a half of getting her used to rice cereal, we moved onto the fun stuff! 

I make my own baby food with organic fruits and veggies and breast milk, then freeze for later (good for 3 months). It's so easy to make your own baby food and nice to know what's in the food your baby ingests! 
    I started my daughter with rice cereal around brunch time and finished her off with nursing, then four hours later we would try a veggie or fruit. We tried new foods for 4-5 days and the first three weeks I introduced different veggies. My daughter LOVES sweet potato and squash! Each meal is a 1 oz serving. Sometimes she chows down the whole thing, and other times she just doesn't want to eat it all... 

My daughter is now six months old, and depending on her cues, I plan on moving her to 3 meals a day (all 1 oz servings). She hasn't show much interest in eating more than 1 oz servings yet. She still loves to nurse after eating. 
  • Options
    We just started yesterday so still experimenting. We're doing BLW so her nutrition still comes from BM; solids aren't replacing any of her feedings at this point yet.
    This exactly! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started giving my baby solids at about 4 1/2 month. First he only ate about half of a stage 1 tub now i give him 1 a day. I went to his 6 month check up yesterday and the doctor told me i can give him one or two a day. he likes all kind of them. I started with veggies so he dont get used to just the sweetness of the fruits. Prunes he likes especially but he gets diarreah from it so I dont give it to him that often.
  • Options
    My pediatrician said that we shouldn't replace any bottles with solids until LO is about 9 months old because she gets the nutrients she needs from bottles until then, but we have added one to two solid feedings per day. We started with vegetables, her favorite is squash. She normally eats about a 2 oz. tub of vegetables or fruit at each feeding, most of the time mixed with oatmeal or rice cereal.  Then she still gets 4 bottles a day, too.
  • Options
    LO is 6.5 months old. She gets a tub of fruit after her morning bottle. I give her a tub of veggies for dinner right before her bath/last bottle. It's become a routine :) 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker