Eco-Friendly Family

Face Lotion

What's everyone's favorite face lotion?  I use to use Olay in my 20s, but I stopped because it's full of chemicals.  I use coconut oil a few nights a week, but I'm looking for something for daytime use.  I'm in my 30s, so something that will moistrize and hopefully prevent aging.   Any suggestions?  If you could include the price that would be great.   

Thanks 

Re: Face Lotion

• Dr.Haushka has a line of awesome face lotions. They are a bit on the pricey side, but IMO they are worth it. I use the rose day cream. It's listed online for $43.00 for an ounce. 
  • I use a local made Shea face cream. A $13 container lasted me 6 months (for body use too). Are there any little natural parenting shops near you? That's where I found this woman, she sold an organic bum cream at a tiny local shop (also sells at fairs in the city that target moms).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am obsessed with frankincense oil in my face cream. I make it from scratch, but you can also just add a few drops of oil to your natural lotion you buy - totally up to you. I like knowing exactly what I am wearing. One of the easiest ways to make a face cream is to blend a 1/4 cup of organic whipped coconut oil with 10 drops of frankincense. This stuff really works wonders on skin and is great for a nice glow. I have tons of good information and recipes on my blog in profile if you'd like to learn some other natural solutions!  Good luck!
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
  • I use rosehip oil as a face moisturizer (it apparently has anti-aging properties, but who knows). I buy it for about $15 (1 oz, lasts approx. 1 month) at a natural food store. I've also heard good things about the brand Derma E, though I haven't tried any of their products (they're also quite affordable).

• edited February 2016
    I've been using Aubrey Organics every day basic face lotion for normal/oily. It is affordable and works great. I have oily skin and it works well for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use plain Shea butter (nothing added to it) on my face in the morning. It moisturizes very well without feeling too heavy or oily, and it's a good base for makeup as well. Super inexpensive, I buy the NOW brand off of Amazon and it's only about $7 for a 7 oz container. Lasts a really long time too, since a little bit goes a long way. 

At night I use a mixture that I make myself of avocado oil, rosehip seed oil and carrot seed oil. In the summer I switch the avocado oil out for almond oil, because almond oil isn't as heavy.